Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #41
dabra_dmp
Machine War
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomoth View Post
quelqu'un a commandé le kabaya kit de fortress maximus ? j'ai le miens qui arrive le semaine prochaine.
YUp je l'ai et il est vraiment vraiment bien faite. J'ai tripper le monter et il est superbe avec le reste de mes affaire Kabaya. J'ajouterais qu'il est le meilleur kit que j'ai acheter a date.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #42
bomoth
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
YUp je l'ai et il est vraiment vraiment bien faite. J'ai tripper le monter et il est superbe avec le reste de mes affaire Kabaya. J'ajouterais qu'il est le meilleur kit que j'ai acheter a date.
oh shit thanks man. cetais vraiment le seul qui m'interessait de la serie !
bomoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #43
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz227 View Post
sooo who's enjoying the new tmnt show?
I just watched the 2 first episode. Hmmm I don't know if I should just compare it with the other tmnt show or just imagine that the other show doesn't exist. If i compare it the the other show I think it's....ok i guess. I LOVED tmnt 2003 series but the new one is very very childish. The animation is nice and the fight scenes are cool. I don't like the wierd anime eyes they do. I kinna like the look of the 4 turtle but I really hate the look they give to splinter. I'm not sure if I like the fact that this is like a "pre tmnt" show. (First time going out, first time eating pizza, they behave like little kids). I don't like April being young. April in the other show was like their "liaison" between the sewer and the top world. Being this young just feel like she wont really help the turtle do much. I normally never give my opinion on a show after only 2 episode but wait after at lease one season. Anyway that's what I thought so far.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #44
Undrave
Canadian Slag

So I learned Zellers at Place Fleur De Lys is closing in march. They got some sales on yellow price tag items, 40% on toys. Not much interesting, but I caved and got the legend two pack with shadow Striker. Might repaint that bumblebee or just chuck it to charity or something.

they had GI Joe figures for 5$! I got Renegade Snake Eyes and Scarlett (man Scarlett is RIDICULOUS under-equipped! What the heck?!) and picked up a cool Hazard Viper and this sweet looking Cobra engineer in purple outfit... which I promptly forgot on the mall floor when I put my purchase in my backpack >.<

I am terribly sore about it, even if its just 5$ it's still lost money AND I bet I won't find another one next time I'm over there. Arg! I hope a kid found it.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #45
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Hahaha! I'm not sure what kind of club you think this is!

Anyone can post here. This is just another thread like any other. I just happened start it for Quebec fans... post in which ever language you want, and I'm sure we'll get along.

Well, I like your Christmas theory, because I figure toy departments will have to start beefing up sometime late in October. And waiting a month or two is better than... well... never.

zmog
I just thought it was a Bilingual club is all!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #46
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Augh... I just realized I could order a whole case of Deluxe from BBTS for 110$ that would have basically everything I've been waiting for...plus Airachnid and another Wheeljack right now. No waiting.The only thing holding me back is that it's too big a big purchase.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #47
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I just thought it was a Bilingual club is all!
Haha! I was just teasing you, sorry. It's all cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
So I learned Zellers at Place Fleur De Lys is closing in march.

they had GI Joe figures for 5$! I got Renegade Snake Eyes and Scarlett (man Scarlett is RIDICULOUS under-equipped! What the heck?!) and picked up a cool Hazard Viper and this sweet looking Cobra engineer in purple outfit... which I promptly forgot on the mall floor when I put my purchase in my backpack >.<
Techno-Viper! Yeah, that's one of the ones that's designed to be an exact rendition of the 80's version. Bummer...

I've been ogling some of the new Joe figures, but I just can't bring myself to start a new collection/addiction. I have to say though... while those weird taser guns are a bit lame, the Renegades figures look really good. I think that Scarlett is a great overall design (more gear needed I know). Tunnel Rat is pretty sweet too (trivia time... the original Tunnel Rat was modeled after 80's GIJOE creator Larry Hama), but the Renegades Storm Shadow is a thing of beauty! Wow! Seems to be short-packed though. I only ever saw the one.

Quote:
Augh... I just realized I could order a whole case of Deluxe from BBTS for 110$ that would have basically everything I've been waiting for...plus Airachnid and another Wheeljack right now. No waiting.The only thing holding me back is that it's too big a big purchase.
What would the per figure price have worked out to be from BBTS, out of curiosity?

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #48
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I got the Hazard Viper, it's the engineer I forgot at the mall >< he had this little neon green cone with a cobra logo and a wrench and stuff! Augh. Didn't see a Storm Shadow and I looked through all the pegs. I don't intend to start collecting those but they were on sale and really cool and I just don't own any. I did the same thing when I found an Iron Man Mk. 1 figure for 4$ in a TRU sale. That thing is just beautifully ugly! So lumpy and with nice paint aps. I got Snake Eyes riding Arcee right now would be cooler if he could look up...

As for the BBTS thing? Hmm... actually it's 104,99 for 8. Which is... a little over 13$ each... it's really really tempting but that's still a lot of dough all at once ><

Though Airachnid is a bit of a waste of plastic in that case so it's more like 104,99 for 7 I want a 1 piece of dead weight.

Last edited by Undrave; 10-01-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #49
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

Quote:
I got the Hazard Viper, it's the engineer I forgot at the mall >< he had this little neon green cone with a cobra logo and a wrench and stuff! Augh. Didn't see a Storm Shadow and I looked through all the pegs. I don't intend to start collecting those but they were on sale and really cool and I just don't own any.
(...)
Though Airachnid is a bit of a waste of plastic in that case so it's more like 104,99 for 7 I want a 1 piece of dead weight.
That is exactly how I started my G.I. Joe collection. I see a Cobra Commander, think "eh, why not?" and BAM!

Also, Airachnid seems to me like more that just a bit of wasted plastic.

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #50
Pascal
Banned

Have you guys noticed we rarely if ever get anything on deep clearance here in Quebec unlike the other provinces? $15 big Kre-O Prime? Forget it. I remember I had to get Energon Omega Sentinel from Ontario back then and it was still cheaper after shipping... So not only we get the shaft for exclusives, but we also get the shaft for good sales.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote