Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #111
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneclaw View Post
My universe springer came, and one of his tail fins keeps comign off, im not sure how to fix it, it's on that 3 pronged axle, any ideas?
both of my springers had the same problem.the only way i was able to stop it was to coat the 3pronged connector with a bit of clear nail polish.once it completely dried,snapping it back on was tight but it hasnt fallen off since.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #112
Network
Machine War

not a transformers repair question, but does anyone know how to fix a broken Johann Krauss figure from hellboy 2? mine fell and the leg snapped off, balljoint and all.

this is a pic of the fig.

http://indie.superarticulated.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/johann1.jpg

I can't get one of my broken fig yet. but it's snapped at the hip. any help would be greatly apprichiated.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #113
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Okay, I'm now convinced that my G1 Scorponok has a visor issue, in that it's visor is upside down... I can tell because the visor is angled, and I think it is desiged to cover the headmaster unit, but when mine is lined up straight, the visor extends up above his helmet, leaving the headmaster half exposed.

Anyone have an idea if it can be removed? It appears to be a rivet through the "horns" and the visor, then into the grey plastic helmet. Should I just pull? That seems like a recipie for disaster...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #114
dak
Master Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Okay, I'm now convinced that my G1 Scorponok has a visor issue, in that it's visor is upside down... I can tell because the visor is angled, and I think it is desiged to cover the headmaster unit, but when mine is lined up straight, the visor extends up above his helmet, leaving the headmaster half exposed.

Anyone have an idea if it can be removed? It appears to be a rivet through the "horns" and the visor, then into the grey plastic helmet. Should I just pull? That seems like a recipie for disaster...
do not pull the plastic as i could break it. instead, use a pin removing method.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #115
kiko
djerico

I didn't know there was a repair thread.

Can anyone help with this then?

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=12480
Old 12-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #116
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Could always just glue around the rim and stick it on permanently.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #117
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Dak, I would, except the pin does not go all the way through. I can't tap it out. Perhaps my terminology was incorrect in describing it. To be honest I'm not even sure how it's "in" to begin with...

I've attached a picture that shows the part (not mine, because this one is correctly aligned, although they angled the horns down...), but you can get a sense of the metal...whatever it is, that holds the horn, plastic, and the grey helmet together. But it does not go through the grey helmet. My guess was that this is a screw (or else I'm not sure how it holds on) but the metal is smooth so I can't unscrew it (the smoothness of the metal is why I called it a rivet, because there's nothing to grip.). I'm stuck for ideas, but any that people may have are appreciated.

By the way, I can take some pictures of mine, but not until I actually get home next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Helmet.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1794  

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 12-11-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #118
kiko
djerico

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Could always just glue around the rim and stick it on permanently.
I think that's what it's gonna have to come too. =T
Old 12-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #119
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Dak, I would, except the pin does not go all the way through. I can't tap it out. Perhaps my terminology was incorrect in describing it. To be honest I'm not even sure how it's "in" to begin with...

I've attached a picture that shows the part (not mine, because this one is correctly aligned, although they angled the horns down...), but you can get a sense of the metal...whatever it is, that holds the horn, plastic, and the grey helmet together. But it does not go through the grey helmet. My guess was that this is a screw (or else I'm not sure how it holds on) but the metal is smooth so I can't unscrew it (the smoothness of the metal is why I called it a rivet, because there's nothing to grip.). I'm stuck for ideas, but any that people may have are appreciated.

By the way, I can take some pictures of mine, but not until I actually get home next weekend.
have you tried the same method of removing/swapping wheels on alternator bots?if it was me,i would use a soldering iron,touch it to the smooth pin surface and heat up only the pin/screw and pull it out by grasping on the thickest part of the surrounding horn.i think there may even be a tutorial in here somewhere explaining this method.its the only way i was able to separate the same style of pin that holds classics starscreams hinge that his wings screw to.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #120
dak
Master Creator

ohhh... it's THAT type of pin... heating it up is one method. The only risk you run is warping the horns. You can avoid this one of 2 ways. 1, be extra careful not to heat it up too much, and just pull a bit harder, or 2, heat it up enough to remove pin and horns easily, and use that pin along with New horns from another Scorp to attach to the old helmet. another Idea would be to drill a small hole (if you can get in) on the inside of the helmet where the pin tip is, and push it out from the inside.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote