Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #51
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I thought that a comic and print were included in the VIP package (as it is with his signings at other shows). Did something there change between ticket announcement and the day of the show?
There was no mention of a comic or print being included in the TFcon Package. You could be thinking of Calgary.

As Daniel mentioned, the program did have a comic in it.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #52
teruo313
Beasty

This has been my 5th and possibly final year as a dealer at TFcon, mostly because I've pretty much run out of things to sell. So a big thank you to all of those who stopped by my table!

To those who mentioned about variety at the dealer tables. A lot of the larger vendors deal mostly with 3rd party and masterpiece figures because that's where demand is.

For smaller guys, it's mostly what's in our collections that we are selling off so inventory greatly varies. That said, even as a smaller seller, I put out mostly what I knew had a good chance at selling (mostly my 3rd party figs). G1 figures especially hard to find ones just don't really move unless that one guy comes by and not only sees it but also is willing to drop money down on them.

A few pros/cons of the show

pros:
1. Set up time on Friday being at 3pm for dealers was great. I had the chance to actually setup my entire booth before Saturday morning so I actually got to stroll in a half hour before the con started to just put a few final pieces up.

2. Dealer tables along the hallway seemed a bit more spaced out compared to last year. Maybe it was just my area, but it did feel like I had more room to breath compared to last.

cons/suggestions:
1. Wasn't there a parts trading party or something that was done on Friday night in the past?

2. Perhaps a few more fan interactive activities during the day aside from panels. Panels are great but not everyone is interested in them. A customer I had spoken to had suggested a scavanger hunt for kids, or charity bingo.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #53
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruo313 View Post
1. Wasn't there a parts trading party or something that was done on Friday night in the past?
There was a board at the front for it, but the hotel and their security made it a little........ tough to get the information to people

I was part of one for all 3 days of the con and since the hotel did not allow you to share your room on the board, it made people knowing that the "Party was Bumpin'! " led to a lot of people missing out.

If you didn't follow me on Twitter, you didn't know (Shill shill shill)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #54
Gumby
Beasty

Quote:
You could be thinking of Calgary.
That actually might be the case, yeah.

Quote:
There was a board at the front for it, but the hotel and their security made it a little........ tough to get the information to people
Not sure what a parts party is but maybe for next year the room numbers or whatever could be left with the nice folks who sell the tickets and shirts and all that at the front?
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #55
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Lightbulb Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Quote:
...Not sure what a parts party is but maybe for next year the room numbers or whatever could be left with the nice folks who sell the tickets and shirts and all that at the front?
Or they can sell a tshirt that goes:

FOR A GOOD TIME, (and maybe TF parts), GO TO ROOM #_____

That way, the shirt can be reused by the person year after year, and all they have to do is write with a marker in the blank spot which room they are in.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #56
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

The badges are a work in process to create a more economical way of producing them. Allows less plastic being used, and the prepunched hole from the print shop makes it easier to prepare for the staff. Future goals will be a thicker stock, and larger in size.

A dedicated photographer will be something to look into, expect the cost to meet a VIP level guest to increase as a result of this.

The signs directing people where to lineup prior to the Peter Cullen panel seemed to work very well to direct people where to stand.

The preapproved questions by Mr. Cullen's agent seemed to produce a very high quality panel.

It's up to the vendors what they choose to offer, the majority of the 1 day vendors could be found in the back hallway outside the main hall.

When producing an officially licensed shirt there are minimum orders involved, as a result the shirt is being offered at both TFcons this year.

The size of the aisle ways in the dealer room were no bigger than last year, the layout has actually been the same for the last few years.

It was most likely the highest attended TFcon ever.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:27 PM   #57
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
That actually might be the case, yeah.

Not sure what a parts party is but maybe for next year the room numbers or whatever could be left with the nice folks who sell the tickets and shirts and all that at the front?
Well, the parts party hasn't been a big official thing that the con itself promotes for a few years, for good reason.

Namely, because it had evolved into people not bothering to buy a dealer room table because they'd just set up a table of stuff to sell.

I think some of the confusion was the lack of room numbers being allowed anywhere and such but word did spread pretty well among my own circles as to where the room sales were.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #58
Super_Megatron

Additional signage for lines will probably help direct people to where they need to register, line up in the mornings.

With a guest like Peter Cullen, there are contracts that must be followed, so multiple appearances are not a possibility.

Fan Panels I think is something to solicit next year. No one ever contacts TFcon saying they want to do them, so TFcon will need to reach out to the fans to engage interest.

The hotel restaurant bar staff seemed to be doing a better job of dealing with the huge volume of people this year.

There seemed to be a good selection of merch in the dealer room this year.

The direction people were given was to submit your questions to the Q&A panel via email. If people did not follow the process they were not considered.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #59
Super_Megatron

There was an announcement at the opening ceremonies and at the beginning of the 3rd party panel stating that the room would be cleared for the Peter Cullen panel.

The panel descriptions could maybe be expanded on the website as there is limited space to work with on the event schedule print outs.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #60
Super_Megatron

The need for the 2nd hotel location should be a one time thing, as there was a block for the Pan Am Games taking up space in the hotel this year.

Each guest has a liaison, but it's not entirely possible to them to be with them at all times.