Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-25-2021, 01:11 AM   #1
inhale
Generation 2
Hasbro Distribution Concerns

Hello,

I potentially might have an opportunity to discuss with Hasbro specifically Transformers distrubion concerns in Canada, its an overall chat about distribution with them and i was luckily appointed to cover Transformers specifically.

I would like this forums help to sound off on this thread and bring up concerns you have encountered past few years and discuss about challenges we are facing at obtaining Transformers and Big box retailers, Online retailers, anything really.

*Meeting is now tentatively set to be held on Thursday October 28th with them*

**I will not be dicussing about price increases, strictly distribution only**

Thanks!

Last edited by inhale; 10-25-2021 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Updated Details
inhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:11 AM   #2
neevnav
Masterpiece
Re: Hasbro Distribution Concerns

Hold retailers to account for not adequately stocking exclusives.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:27 AM   #3
Marcotron
Robot Master

Just show them the embarrassing pictures of walmart shelves, where there might be a couple of toys of the generations line, but completely stocked shelf warmers of the cyberverse varieties.
Toysrus is a mixed bag, of sometimes they have things, and sometimes they don't.

You can also tell them that 34.99 is ridiculous for a deluxe, and that they've lost business based on this ridiculously inflated price point. $45 for a voyager? insanity. 72.99 for a leader? never doing that ever. And these crossovers, priced at 72.99 for a deluxe size figure is laughable, and wish them luck on getting rid of stock at that price.

Thanks, and good luck.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #4
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Where's the ramjet and Dirge two packs? The item got cancelled by Amazon and left a hole in the collection. And this is extremely annoying when they make items like that as an Amazon exclusive.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
Abominus Prime
Generation 1

I waited in line like everyone else and waited a year for the Coneheads two packs only to find out Amazon refused shippment and lost out on other online retailers with major scalping prices and now the same thing with galvatron. If there is a problem with distribution why can't they let the general public at the very least know. It goes along way. And also Why can't hasbro pulse set up a Canadian division so that we don't have to pay outrageous shipping cost of only want one figure.? Dont want to pay damn near 100 For a $40 figure.

Last edited by Abominus Prime; 10-25-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Abominus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

The distribution of the whole amazon.ca coneheads debacle is number 1 on the list!! Why on earth did amazon.ca refuse shipment of an item they knew and were bothered by relentlessly by people who wanted the item, only to refuse and cancel people's orders. Hasbro should do the right thing and ask them if it's possible for them to release the coneheads again, this time at brick n mortor store like eb games or toys r us.
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #7
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Yeah, I'd ask about why there isn't free shipping with Hasbro Pulse Premium and if that's an option that could arrive in the future.

Bringing up stuff with unreliability of exclusives is a good idea too. The problem is less when we don't get exclusives and more when we're supposed to get them and there's supply chain issues or they sell out quickly.

As something that's less of a criticism, I'd be curious if they can speak to how the Gamestop distribution of Pulsecon items came about.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #8
inhale
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
Hold retailers to account for not adequately stocking exclusives.
So what you mean is overall retailers just don't stock enough of a said line..might only get a case or 2 and then long waiting to restock?

*sorry, i just reread it.. okok store exclusives are hard to get.. good example would be TRU/Target exclusive leadfoot or TRU/Target Thurst?*
Old 10-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #9
inhale
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Just show them the embarrassing pictures of walmart shelves, where there might be a couple of toys of the generations line, but completely stocked shelf warmers of the cyberverse varieties.
Toysrus is a mixed bag, of sometimes they have things, and sometimes they don't.

You can also tell them that 34.99 is ridiculous for a deluxe, and that they've lost business based on this ridiculously inflated price point. $45 for a voyager? insanity. 72.99 for a leader? never doing that ever. And these crossovers, priced at 72.99 for a deluxe size figure is laughable, and wish them luck on getting rid of stock at that price.

Thanks, and good luck.
I feel you on this one, cyberverse seems to be flooded vs main lines... but im not sure if its because main lines just sell better than cyberverse which i think is the case.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #10
inhale
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Where's the ramjet and Dirge two packs? The item got cancelled by Amazon and left a hole in the collection. And this is extremely annoying when they make items like that as an Amazon exclusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominus Prime View Post
I waited in line like everyone else and waited a year for the Coneheads two packs only to find out Amazon refused shippment and lost out on other online retailers with major scalping prices and now the same thing with galvatron. If there is a problem with distribution why can't they let the general public at the very least know. It goes along way. And also Why can't hasbro pulse set up a Canadian division so that we don't have to pay outrageous shipping cost of only want one figure.? Dont want to pay damn near 100 For a $40 figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
The distribution of the whole amazon.ca coneheads debacle is number 1 on the list!! Why on earth did amazon.ca refuse shipment of an item they knew and were bothered by relentlessly by people who wanted the item, only to refuse and cancel people's orders. Hasbro should do the right thing and ask them if it's possible for them to release the coneheads again, this time at brick n mortor store like eb games or toys r us.
This is the thing that stands out to me, Grimlock and Mirage almost had the same issues.. Will be addressed