Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2022, 05:42 PM   #31
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Netflix BB -> still people looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
When was the last time a toy released in another line got released later in the SS line? Never happened.
30th Generation Stealth bomber Megatron (15$ to 30$ regardless if it was the exact same aside a bit of paint and box instead of card/plastic bubble.)

Last edited by imfallenangel; 05-21-2022 at 05:45 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:22 PM   #32
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Isn't the issue a licensing thing with vw?
Don't remember if it was a podcast or that Hasbro q@a, but I think Wal-Mart owns the specific molds for the Netflix bee and soundwave, as why legacy is getting the siege soundwave instead. They might own the mold for another year or so. Plus the Volkswagen licensing onto of that.

Once the time runs out for them to have the rights to that mold don't be surprised if u see it again, Maybe same Netflix bee mold with screen accurate colors
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:42 PM   #33
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
That was 3 years ago for the same mold and it never happened again. You seriously think Hasbro would rerelease such an inaccurate design for Bumblebee when all other SS86 movie figures are so faithful to the movie? C'mon. Bumblebee will get a new cartoony mold for sure, and will likely get released again with a slightly different deco in the Buzzworthy line.
The Buzzworthy Kup seems to be a more accurate deco of than the SS Kup. Great tactic on their part. Sucker people in with the first release, then pressure people into buying the more accurate deco on a second release. It's not the first time they've done it. It won't be the last.

You seem to think Hasbro cares about anything other than the bottom line. They don't.

They have a history of repacking and reusing moulds in newer lines going back as far back as G1.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 05-22-2022 at 11:45 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:59 AM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Volkswagen notoriously (and... fairly) had/has reservations about associating their brand with war toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
The Buzzworthy Kup seems to be a more accurate deco of than the SS Kup. Great tactic on their part. Sucker people in with the first release, then pressure people into buying the more accurate deco on a second release. It's not the first time they've done it. It won't be the last.

You seem to think Hasbro cares about anything other than the bottom line. They don't.

They have a history of repacking and reusing moulds in newer lines going back as far back as G1.
Literally reusing a 6 year old design for ss86 Arcee right now.

They repainted that initial classics Bumblebee how many times?

I had a chance at a NF Bee for $45 and almost jumped. But something doesn't work for me about it despite the alt mold goodness. This will sound dumb since they're largely the same, but... I think it works better for Cliffjumper!

BWBB SS86 Kup (lmao) absolutely looks better than ss86 vanilla.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #35
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
30th Generation Stealth bomber Megatron (15$ to 30$ regardless if it was the exact same aside a bit of paint and box instead of card/plastic bubble.)
Talking about Studio Series releases here. That's not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Literally reusing a 6 year old design for ss86 Arcee right now.
New legs
New head
New chest piece
New car shell (rear section)

Not much left of the original.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:25 AM   #36
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

But it is quite amazing Hasbro kept mould as old as G1.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:59 AM   #37
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Now that the WorldsCollide set has come & gone, as well as Origins BB still floating around

How many people are still actively seeking the Netflix wave 2 deluxe Bumblebee?

Is it a past fad now? I know many people decried it for ER CJ mold's partsforming, and the strange clear plastic tolerance thing around his collarbone

WC set gave us all a bright, playable BB that doesn't have the collarbone tolerance issue, Origins gave us the "cybertronian" version and BB's actual peashooter

How many are still hung up on missing out on the Volkswagen?
Judging from what I read online, seems like people are not over it. And I get why, none of the other Bees you mention scratch that itch just right. The Cybertronian Bee works only on a shelf of Cybertronian designs and the one from the world's collide set looks like a cheap placeholder redeco of old with the wrong alt mode. Maybe it would be fine for some, but knowing that there s a more accurate version out there that one does not have can drive a collector insane.

In the end, it is the only G1 styled Bumblebee figure of the right scale with the right alt mode for a G1 shelf.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #38
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Gonna be posting a couple Netflix BBs in my sales thread

Boxes are in varying states of beat-up (overseas lol), but figs look OK

Photos can be sent to those interested
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote