Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #11
ChrisW
Thread Killer
Re: Hasbro Distribution Concerns

Distribution of exclusives has been spotty, in particular those associated with Amazon and Walmart. The Ramjet & Dirge set is the big one, but some also had problems getting the Prowl & Ironhide set too. I think the Ratchet & Lifeline set also had issues, though I'm less certain about that.

The Netflix line at Walmart had distribution issues as well, in particular the wave 2 voyagers and deluxes. Lots of collectors had issues getting Bumblebee, Elita-1, and Soundwave.

And TRU also had its fair share of issues, with Thrust and Runabout being very hard to get. There was a lineup at opening for my local TRU and we all raced to get what we could. Not everyone was able to get the one shipment the store got, and online availability was spotty at best.

Distribution for mainline stuff hasn't been that bad, aside from the tail end of the lines and highly sought after characters like the Cassetticons. Both the Siege Ravage & Laserbeak set and the Siege Rumble & Ratbat set were somewhat hard to get.

There is certainly a perception now that things are harder to get. I think fewer people are waiting for sales and are instead grabbing figures as soon as they can to avoid missing out on things. Wave 1 of Kingdom didn't seem to shelfwarm like Wave 1 usually does, though wave 2 seems to be shelfwarming more now (especially Arcee and Ractonite, which sucks since Ractonite is quite cool).

I've personally turned to online shops a bit more as of late. I don't think that Waspinator or Tigatron will be easy to get, so I have pre-orders for both with BBTS. I'm likely to do the same for Slammer and Pipes. Dunno how much truth there is to the lack of availability, but it certainly feels like it will be the case.

Do we actually know that Amazon refused delivery of Ramjet & Dirge? Or is that just a rumour? I had thought that our shipment was in one of the container ships that sank (or otherwise lost a large portion of its load to the watery depths).

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid

Last edited by ChrisW; 10-25-2021 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Forgot about Thrust & Runabout
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #12
inhale
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Yeah, I'd ask about why there isn't free shipping with Hasbro Pulse Premium and if that's an option that could arrive in the future.

Bringing up stuff with unreliability of exclusives is a good idea too. The problem is less when we don't get exclusives and more when we're supposed to get them and there's supply chain issues or they sell out quickly.

As something that's less of a criticism, I'd be curious if they can speak to how the Gamestop distribution of Pulsecon items came about.
Can you name some exclusives that was unreliable? I can only think of Amazon 2 packs, if you could be specific it might help me articulate things.

I can understand the why no freeshipping for Canada of Pulse, we are in another country but i will bring this up.

Gamestop + Pulsecon items, i believe they are just partnered with them. Previous years it was TRU, and i think past 2 years has been with Eb games/Gamestop to help push exclusives into Canada. It makes sense to me.
inhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Just show them the embarrassing pictures of walmart shelves, where there might be a couple of toys of the generations line, but completely stocked shelf warmers of the cyberverse varieties.
Toysrus is a mixed bag, of sometimes they have things, and sometimes they don't.
Actually, people sharing pictures of all the empty shelves at their local stores would be an awesome thread to have.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:19 PM   #14
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Inhale, just wanted to say thank you
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:45 PM   #15
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhale View Post
I feel you on this one, cyberverse seems to be flooded vs main lines... but im not sure if its because main lines just sell better than cyberverse which i think is the case.
Exactly. Wouldn't it make sense to make more of the things that sell, and less of the things that don't?
Then, they'll sell more, as now people don't have to wait or hunt for certain figures. Also, with increased supply, the price can come down, thus increasing customer perceived value.
Example of how it's not working: Origins Bumblebee. I finally saw it on a shelf, i picked it up. looked at it. and thought, this is nice, but in no way is this tiny little figure worth 33.99. and put it back.

Which reminds me of another more important point to bring up. Nobody cares about the packaging. The instant they put everything in boxes instead of blister packs, the price jumped by ten bucks. Worthless is the packaging.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #16
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominus Prime View Post
Why can't hasbro pulse set up a Canadian division so that we don't have to pay outrageous shipping cost of only want one figure.? Dont want to pay damn near 100 For a $40 figure
Quote:
Yeah, I'd ask about why there isn't free shipping with Hasbro Pulse Premium and if that's an option that could arrive in the future
Thirding "why isn't HasbroPulse.ca an actual storefront for Canadian customers"

The site is just a big list of Hasbro products, and when you click on one it's just links to retail websites' listings

May as well be a fansite - you can't actually buy anything there
When you want to buy Pulse exclusives, it's the .com site, shipping from the US and "thanks for all your cross-border money, bonhommes"

Is going to (conventions with Hasbro booths) literally the only venue for Canadians to get exclusives with no/minimal shipping?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #17
ToyCrusader
Generation 2

I'm not sure how receptive to prices Hasbro is going to be.

The price of everything has gone up. From gas to food and yes, toys.

Funko, I believe, just put out a price increase statement this month as well. The stress on the supply chain and the rising price of materials and fuel will never allow the prices to come down. It sucks, even a meal at Mcdonald's is about to be over $13.

I'd like to to see exclusives be limited to first run only, then subsequent restocks be given to all retailers.
Give places like GS, WM, Target, and HP their exclusives but afterwards allow the other places to carry them.

This would reduce the scalping. I don't think it would affect the sales of the exclusives as people love having things first.

Twitter: @TheToyCrusaders
Instagram: @TheToyCrusaders

"sorry Prime, the ship was... full."
ToyCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #18
ManitobaMando
Generation 2

Everything I could have posted here has already been said.
ManitobaMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #19
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Yeah, I'd ask about why there isn't free shipping with Hasbro Pulse Premium and if that's an option that could arrive in the future.

Bringing up stuff with unreliability of exclusives is a good idea too. The problem is less when we don't get exclusives and more when we're supposed to get them and there's supply chain issues or they sell out quickly.

As something that's less of a criticism, I'd be curious if they can speak to how the Gamestop distribution of Pulsecon items came about.
Yeah this is a big one. I'd happily be a Pulse premium member if it meant free shipping to Canada.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #20
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Got nothing TF I want to ask them about that isn't already covered above. If you could ask/sneak in why troop builder toys like, GIJoe Classified Cobra Viper, are made into exclusive toys instead of regular releases that every retailer could carry that would be great.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote