Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #31
Jonnydark
Beast Machine
Re: Just saw transformers the last knight

This is my favourite review. It's like a poem.

"A movie that is at once loud yet incoherent, complex yet idiotic, and expensive yet worthless."

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #32
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

It's worse than AOE. Lose the whole Arthurian plot and you have a more cohesive movie.

What's up with the Suicide Squad-style intro to decepticons we've never heard of and then abandoning that style! It's fucking amateur hour, seriously.

Grimlock is present and named but never Transforms and then disappears. He wasn't killed but skipped the final battle?

Prime never transforms. Is shown as a truck at one point.

Why can bb split apart and reform?

Why are there mini Dino Bots?

What was the point of moners character?

Slag appears from a whole in the ground to growl for a whole ten seconds of screen time. Never seen again. No scorn, which is why we're getting an upscaled toy.

Cogman is a headmaster. Never transforms nor is this explained. Justifies a toy.

Where did the crashed knight come from? Why come to Earth in the first place? Could have used ANY character to come to warn Earth. Then you remove stupid history plot. BOOM! Better movie.

Seriously, the Merlin stuff was stupid. Tucci was crap. Turturro was wasted.
Where is a Galvatron?

They made a writers room for this shit! Award-winning writers! They need to give those awards back.

"Day trader?" Just call him Wreck-gar! Stop disrespecting the fans and the source material! Simplify your plot, stop making prime homicidal, and use the characters that exist. Bay 'em up a little and have at it.

This made me embarrassed to be a transformers fan.

Last edited by The7thParallel; 06-21-2017 at 09:33 PM.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #33
AutobotCBL01
Guardian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorOfDeath View Post
Just saw it too, kinda weird Drift goes missing for like the 2nd half of the movie.
Drift was piloting the Knight Ship.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #34
joshimus
Metroplex

So I just got back and I enjoyed it but I also feel they weren't well focused.
For example, Sqweeks and Izabella really didn't need to be there. just having Tessa phone call seems enough.
Since I feel Izabella was pointless, that whole church hiding scene could have been skipped all together.
Also, the SS style showing of the Decepticons with less screen time than Grimlock was also pointless. Having Barricade and introducing Nitro would have been enough, but I guess they wanted bots for Autobots to kill. Still, makes their whole introduction pointless since they die shortly after (except Barricade and Nitro)
Also they could have cut some of England. If I were to rewatch this skipping certain parts, like the rest of the films, I still love it.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #35
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Ok I just saw it in Imax 3d.
I loved it! For what it was.
Yes there was huge wtf moments and ya the disappearing big characters was stupid. Like the junk yard fight. Then all of a sudden some are back there like nothing happened.

Hotrods accent please God no...

I absolutely LOVED! the guardian knights and their transformation. Please God make them a toy and a good one. (I know highly doubtful)

Bee putting himself back together while cool it's not right..

I thought this was the last movie but obviously not with how it ends.

Really enjoyed it overall.
Like the other movies DO NOT go in thinking it will follow the canon properly or anything just enjoy it.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #36
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
Ok I just saw it in Imax 3d.
I loved it! For what it was.

I thought this was the last movie but obviously not with how it ends.
Yeah, the marketing is more "BAYS last movie" than this is the last, which we know there is 1 a year for the next few years so...??? I dunno.
I also liked some of the cameos like Ladiesman217 and Starscreams head. (not reused on a body, literally his head)
Also, I think it is safe to say Sam is still alive, or at least safe to imply so. Edmond mentions about the line being done and finishes with, "Well, not yet".
Honestly, forward some of the parts that REALLY didn't need to be there and I loved it.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:21 AM   #37
Pascal
Banned

Saw it, it was decently enjoyable. Cogman steals the show imo. Things that bugged me: too many sub-plots crammed into one, they could have made 3-4 movies here; Bots being vulgar for no reason; Bots showing little respect to each other for no reason; Prime that keeps saying "I will kill you"; awesome team of Decepticons introduced at the beginning fell apart quickly. I will admit that at one point I didn't even know who the Autobots were fighting. lol Oh, and glad to see that Infernacus (Infernocus?) is not just a toy.

Last edited by Pascal; 06-22-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:28 AM   #38
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post

I absolutely LOVED! the guardian knights and their transformation. Please God make them a toy and a good one. (I know highly doubtful)
There's a Leader class toy coming with 2 knights that combine into one dragon, if that's what you're talking about. Official description claims that each bot also has a separate dragon mode, but we haven't seen pictures of that yet.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:35 AM   #39
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydark View Post
The score on IDMB is a better indicator imo. Stands at 5.4/10, which sounds about right for now.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #40
Bountyan
Cybertron

This movie is trash. 14 year old girl character was pointless. Optimus being evil didn't actually amount to anything in the movie and was just there to slap in the trailers as a hook to get people in the theater. The final fight with Megatron is anticlimactic. Why is Megatron a regular transformer again after AOE? Why is Bumblebee essentially immortal now? Why does Bumblebee speak magically? Who knows, the movie certainly doesn't care. Just so much pointless shit. Just like AOE, it just drags on and I was just tired and wanted to go home before the movie was even over.

I don't know how I'd rank this compared to AOE but they're both terrible as far as I'm concerned. The first movie and some of the third movie remain to be the only enjoyable parts in this series.