Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #31
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: What are the odds we'll see a Hasbro release of MP Shockwave?

We need a "Like" button on this board so badly!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #32
Pascal
Banned

It's possible.

A) there are tons of toy guns sold in NA (Nerf, Power Rangers, etc.)
B) Shockwave looks nothing like a real gun
C) we got and outdated tape player, so...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #33
muaddibprime
Archivist of Praxus

Takara is making mp shockwave! Won't be sold on Tru but im sure your local indepent tf store will see him. http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...evealed/34054/
muaddibprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #34
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Your first post on this thread was to state that there would be no problem getting MP Shockwave through Canadian customs, which is not the question of the thread.

Your second post was to refute the OP's rebuttal based on your apparent, according to your words, misbelief that Takara or Hasbro had something to do with MP Megatron's importation, plugged or otherwise.

Your third post was to ignore Masta Skidz question and childishly correct his spelling.

Your fourth post was to get defensive, show that you have nothing to add to this conversation, insult everyone who doesn't agree with your precious opinion, and clumsily try to misquote me.

Your fifth is so that you can show us all how good you are at ignoring reality, and not admitting when you're mistaken. You thought the question was one thing, it turned out to be a different thing. Deal with it.

See, I do know what you said. My reading comprehension is apparently light years ahead of yours "Einstein". If I've misunderstood what you've written, it's because you're not very adept at expressing your point clearly.
Sigh...

I started by pointing out there would be no issue with customs in Canada getting him in here, it was very much on topic.

It's also not childish to point out a grammar mistake, it is childish to make them.

I never misquoted you at all, it was very clear what I said.

You obviously are the one having trouble with reading here.

The point is, just because the US may or may not get an MP Shockwave, does not mean we will not. Hasbro has released other toys here that they NEVER released in the US before, just as they have done so in Europe or Asia and not here.

Sure it is unlikely if the US doesn't get it, we won't either, but it certainly is not a definite no.

Take your attack on me and move on and stop being so damn arrogant.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #35
Rev
Addict

Says the pot to the kettle.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #36
Hellboy
Alternator

Good lord... with the number of nerf guns and the likes out there that actually fire projectiles (and some that could be mistaken by the public as a real weapon if painted black) you would think that having a purple ray-gun that turns into a robot wouldn't be a problem.

It's not like Shockwave is an alarm clock...
Old 10-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #37
CAF
Banned

Be nice to see the mods jump in here for a few days and get everyone talking about transformers and asking the personal fights to go somewhere else.

Look guys, people have different opinions, and that's AWESOME. That's the beauty of diversity.

But remember, this is a forum about toys. If it comes to being so pissed off that you feel like making personal attacks, it's time to log off. Just let it go.

Everyone needs to keep it about the love (or if there's no love for a certain one haha) of the transformers and remember that diversity is going to reflect differences in thinking. It's ok.

Last edited by CAF; 10-14-2015 at 02:09 PM.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #38
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddibprime View Post
Takara is making mp shockwave!
Yep...that's a well known fact but the OP's question was whether Hasbro will release Ol' One Eye in North America like they've been known to do.

Personally I'd love to see him on our TRU shelves but as a parent guns are not really what I'd want to see stocked on shelves that my kids can see.

Yes, he's a space gun. Yes, he's a robot too. But potential retail demand for him from (TRU's primary clientelle - parents and children) would be very low. It would be only us PC addicts clamoring to find him.

Trucks, cars, jets and dinosaurs that turn into robots have a broad appeal so I can understand why Hasbro was quick to offer those MPs to TRU as exclusives. Some of you might say MP Soundwave was an exception and to that I say "MP-02 and YOTG Clearwave were shelfwarmers."\

Also...aren't there are multiple trademarks on the name "Shockwave", non of which belong to Hasbro?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #39
CAF
Banned

But every transformer has a gun, and the entire story is about a war. This is why I can't see why a business would shy away from one that transforms into something they all have as an accessory. Well I can in a way because it can be held and brandished but the concept itself of a bunch of alien robots in a war is all about laser blasts and disintegrating one another. It's fiction.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #40
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Trucks, cars, jets and dinosaurs that turn into robots have a broad appeal so I can understand why Hasbro was quick to offer those MPs to TRU as exclusives. Some of you might say MP Soundwave was an exception and to that I say "MP-02 and YOTG Clearwave were shelfwarmers."
I don't know about where you live, but in my area MP-02 Soundwave was categorically not a shelfwarmer. It barely touched a retail shelf before it got snapped up. It was more mythical than the unholy love child of the chupacabra and the jackalope.

Goatwave is a shelfwarmer, but the reason for that is pretty simple: It's a shitty repaint of an MP everyone already has, at nearly double the price.

MP Shockwave stands a good chance of doing really well as a TRU release, not only because of adult collectors, but also because of the inherent play value of a cool-looking space gun.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote