Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #961
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

One other thing, I didn't notice Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock or Rodimus Prime in the Masterpiece section for Transformers. I may have overlooked it.

Should I submit things like that through the site??

Edit:

Ok, I found both of them. But I had to use the search function. They seem to be listed as a Hasbro Masterpiece. But there doesn't seem to be such a categroy in the listings. Just the Takara Masterpiece (Which is why I missed them the first time)..

Last edited by Akroyer; 02-21-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #962
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I'll correct my previous info, Cyberverse and Mechtech are both series within the DOTM toyline, and that's why the word "Mechtech" or "Cyberverse" show up for those products.

To your point about Autobot Guzzle and Sergeant Kup...both are recorded as products with their full names.

http://shelflifex.com/products/autobot-guzzle
http://shelflifex.com/products/sergeant-kup

I think you make a good point about being able to tell apart two figures in the same line with the exact same name (e.g. the two Sentinel Primes). It could just be since the DOTM figures don't have the class attribute, you can't sort by "class" easily although normally it looks like you should be able to (see ROTF for instance - where you can use the sorting drop down boxes to sort by class, and then choose the appropriate size (voyager, etc.). That should make identifying them easier when you know you're looking only at voyagers for example.).

I'm sure if you had another suggestion for how it should be done, it would be welcomed by James and Nick.

As an aside, James or Nick, ROTF looks to have two different "Class" fields (see the drop down box in the ROTF page to see what I'm talking about). 'm presuming that's a bug.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 02-21-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #963
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
One other thing, I didn't notice Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock or Rodimus Prime in the Masterpiece section for Transformers. I may have overlooked it.

Should I submit things like that through the site??

Edit:

Ok, I found both of them. But I had to use the search function. They seem to be listed as a Hasbro Masterpiece. But there doesn't seem to be such a categroy in the listings. Just the Takara Masterpiece (Which is why I missed them the first time)..
Try using the menu on the left hand side rather than the top one for now, until they finish their mega-menu update.

Hasbro/Masterpiece:

http://shelflifex.com/catalogs/trans...ro-masterpiece

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #964
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Ok, yes I was just going through the DOTM and Masterpiece stuff.

I see under ROTF I can use the filters bar and I can sort by size class.

I guess seeing it right there under the figures name or picture would be quicker. But this works if it's available for all the lines.

Which in itself will be a problem, since they have now changed the names for the size classes, didn't they??

But I'd swear I read somewhere that someone at Hasbro said that Powerizer and such was just internal. And Voyager, Deluxe and whatnot was still the official titles..

Thanks for the tips, I'm probably playing catchup with everyone in how things are working currently.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #965
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Which in itself will be a problem, since they have now changed the names for the size classes, didn't they??
Well, not really, because the curator can type in whatever they need to in terms of size class. So the Beast Wars curator can use "Mega" or "Ultra" or whatever the categories were back then, and someone else can use "Scout" and "Deluxe" for modern figures, and we'll be able to use "Powerizer" and whatever in the future. You can't compare across lines, but I think any such comparison would be artificial at best when trying to compare something as different as Beast Wars and Classics, or Cybertron figures.

+ and more!

Looking to buy:

My Feedback Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #966
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Well, not really, because the curator can type in whatever they need to in terms of size class. So the Beast Wars curator can use "Mega" or "Ultra" or whatever the categories were back then, and someone else can use "Scout" and "Deluxe" for modern figures, and we'll be able to use "Powerizer" and whatever in the future.

Ok, that's cool. So each individual catalog can be arranged in whatever way is needed.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #967
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Well, not really, because the curator can type in whatever they need to in terms of size class. So the Beast Wars curator can use "Mega" or "Ultra" or whatever the categories were back then, and someone else can use "Scout" and "Deluxe" for modern figures, and we'll be able to use "Powerizer" and whatever in the future. You can't compare across lines, but I think any such comparison would be artificial at best when trying to compare something as different as Beast Wars and Classics, or Cybertron figures.

For the most part, since Armada used different names but more or less kept the same class differences, I just put the modern name in brackets after the series proper name. It helps a whole lot.

I think Beast Wars and Beast Machines might accommodate that, but I don't think anything before that fits into the basic-deluxe-mega-ultra scheme of things.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:12 AM   #968
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Great discussion guys, still gives me chills when I see our users getting deep on the theory behind the site. Wicked!

So let me clear a few things up:

1) Hasbro > Masterpiece looks like it needs to be added to the mega menu. Will be corrected Wed.

2) The DOTM products all need their class added. I'll coordinate that.

3) As for showing Class in search results/catalogue pages, we're relying on filters for that for now as their is a delicate balance that must be struck between elegant design and necessary information. We'll review this as more users get into the system and have a chance to provide feedback.

Cheers!

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #969
nickh
Beasty

Hey guys. We've just added the Class attribute to the DOTM Mechtech products. So now you can sort and filter by Deluxe/Leader/etc.
http://shelflifex.com/catalogs/trans...-moon-mechtech

Quote:
As an aside, James or Nick, ROTF looks to have two different "Class" fields (see the drop down box in the ROTF page to see what I'm talking about). 'm presuming that's a bug.
Thanks for letting us know about that. Fixed!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #970
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Ok, that's cool. So each individual catalog can be arranged in whatever way is needed.
Exactly. That's one of the many things that makes ShelfLife so powerful: catalog-specific product attributes.

For example, you'll never see the TF Allegiance attribute on a G.I. Joe product.

Tags
collecting, shelflife