Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: Public Transportation to TFcon 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I asked the terminal workers at square 1, and they gave me this route to get to the hotel, not sure if this option will be better then the others however

they said to take the 9 or 10 bus to Meadowville Town Centre, then take the 42 Derry East to Argentra.
9 or 10?When looking up for Meadowvale Town Centre,all I see is the 21 Milton GO and 27 Milton Highway 401 GO (If that is what you're referring to),and judging from that,the 21 does go on weekends,but you can only go there through Union :/

Looking to Google maps though,you can also reach the hotel from the town centre by only taking the 21 and it takes you straight to it (I don't know what specific stop though,so it does require some walking,but that's to be expected)

Regardless,I'm going to call them this week to see which are the quickest routes available.I've come to realize that the less complicated route to travel is by going to Union instead of getting routes via Newmarket :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
9 or 10?When looking up for Meadowvale Town Centre,all I see is the 21 Milton GO and 27 Milton Highway 401 GO (If that is what you're referring to),and judging from that,the 21 does go on weekends,but you can only go there through Union :/

Looking to Google maps though,you can also reach the hotel from the town centre by only taking the 21 and it takes you straight to it (I don't know what specific stop though,so it does require some walking,but that's to be expected)

Regardless,I'm going to call them this week to see which are the quickest routes available.I've come to realize that the less complicated route to travel is by going to Union instead of getting routes via Newmarket :|
The 9 or 10 would probably be Mississauga local buses, not GO buses.

But with my somewhat familiarity with GO, I can say if that's what you want to take (GO Transit), your best bet is probably heading to Union, then back out to Meadowvale as you've suggested.

Otherwise, your'e stuck looking for a string of transfers to criss-cross you along to Meadowvale without going to Union first, and that will end up being much more time consuming (fastest might be to take VIVA to York University, then 407 express to Square one, then the Milton to get up to meadowvale).

The whole system is designed around Union Station as a central node, with very few exceptions.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 06-12-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
(fastest might be to take VIVA to York University, then 407 express to Square one, then the Milton to get up to meadowvale).

The whole system is designed around Union Station as a central node, with very few exceptions.
I'm very well aware of the routes via York and I won't consider that a problem unless I do go to TFCon on Friday.Other than that I may just take myself to Newmarket>Union>Milton via GO.

Regardless the Con is still a month away and there are various routes still out there.I need to see if I can travel to TFCon on the Friday then just reduce stress in regards to time.

Quote:
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #14
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Regardless the Con is still a month away and there are various routes still out there.I need to see if I can travel to TFCon on the Friday then just reduce stress in regards to time.
I am shocked that NOT attending Friday was ever an option, Wonko!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #15
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
I am shocked that NOT attending Friday was ever an option, Wonko!
As much as I love to go for Friday (I may do it this time,but it's still a far off decision),the reason why I couldn't go for the pass three TFCons was due to time constraints (And when I was able to go to TFCon without the hassle of getting a room,I just needed to drive there).How ironic that Friday is the less time-straining day compared to Saturday.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #16
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

For those taking Mississauga Transit from Square 1, take the 9 to Meadowville Town Centre, then the 42 to Argenta. Looking at the bus routes, the 42 does indeed has less stops.

Though I have to ask: Does the bus drop you off right in front of the hotel?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #17
Black Cat
Animated

It does have less stops, but the Argentia stop leaves you in the area of the GO station.

EDIT: First post has been updated with two more routes using TTC and Mississauga Transit.

Last edited by Black Cat; 06-30-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #18
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
It does have less stops, but the Argentia stop leaves you in the area of the GO station.

EDIT: First post has been updated with two more routes using TTC and Mississauga Transit.
Is that the same for the Mi Transit bus route you posted on the front page?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #19
Black Cat
Animated

The other ones stop nearly right in front of the hotel - about a 2 minute walk.

The stops that end at Argentia Rd. and Derry are about a 2 min drive, so about a 15 min walk.

And I just looked it up, and the 42 does not stop on Argentia.

Last edited by Black Cat; 06-30-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #20
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions

Boy, I really hate trying to figure this out. The websites are crap. I can't get them to find the locations. I have to coordinate between multiple transit networks.

Why is the info posted on the convention website not mentioning cost or time? You'd think that might be important. It could be the difference between a 1 hour trip and a 2 hour trip.

I'm coming by Greyhound bus from the East.

Does anyone know when have to pay more between networks and when you don't and by how much?
Like if the GO network is $7, but I have to take a TTC to get to the terminal, is my GO fare less because I'm transfering? What about TTC and Mississauga transit?

Looks like the only affordable option for Mississauga is $3 cash.
I'm guessing there's no transfers between TTC and Mississauga.

There's no GO service on Sundays, is there? So I'm forced to take like 2 buses and 2 subways for 2 bloody hours. fantastic.
Wait... hell, this is Mississauga's transit website. There'd better be some way of me getting the hell out of there on Sunday that doesn't require a liberal raping of my already empty wallet.
What the hell is "Milton Train-Bus service" that I get on the travel planner for GO?? Is it a train or is it a bus??

Last edited by RavageX-9; 07-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote