Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Sponsor News - The Toy Trove's New Website - Important Info - New Preorders

The Toy Trove has stopped by to let us know about their new website and new preorder section. Please read on for the full details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thetoytrove.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	28351  
Old 05-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
TheToyTrove
Maximal
TheToyTrove's Ebay Auctions
Sponsor News - The Toy Trove's New Website - Important Info - New Preorders

Hello Everybody,

As many of you are probably aware, our new website just went live this week. It's been a difficult transition, as we had a lot of technical difficulties and it took a little longer than expected, but the site is looking good. Bellow I want to explain a few things about the site, including some important info for customers who have placed preorders with us.

1) Some people still have difficulty viewing our new website. This could be a simple caching problem. Try deleting our site from your web history and clearing your cache. Then try again. Your computer could just be trying to load our old site from it's memory.

2) Some of our preorder items are currently showing up as out of stock. I will be fixing that today when I go into the store. Rest assured, we still have plenty of stock on Combiner Wars Wave 3, and Leader Class Ultra Magnus.

3) If you are a returning customer, or a customer who has placed a preorder with us that you are still waiting on, you may have been concerned when you noticed you could no-longer log-in to your account. This is nothing to worry about. Our website has been completely redesigned from the ground up, and is now under a new service provider. This means there was no easy way to completely transfer all data from our old site. So, returning customers will be required to reset your password. Some customers who only created an account within the last couple of months may be required to just create a new account entirely. Either way, your old web history will not show up anymore. Rest assured however, we still have a complete record of all past sales and preorders. All preorders will still be held for the customer. You can keep your old confirmation email for your own records, but it's not required to pick up your preorder. From now on, all orders/preorders will of course show up in your order history on the new website.

Preorders:

We now have a very nice Preorder section that you should be sure to check out:
http://thetoytrove.com/store/more.asp?page=promotion

One of the new preorders we finally listed is the Combiner Wars Devastator. This complete set is expected for August 2015. Our expected price is $179.99 CAD, and it currently requires a deposit of $19.99 CAD.

Preorders not yet listed!

Breakneck and Quickslinger:

We will be getting the Combiner Wars Exclusive Deluxe Figures, Breakneck and Quickslinger. We are not allowed to list them for preorder yet, and probably won't be able to until a week or two before they arrive, which is supposed to be this month. So, keep checking back.

Meanwhile, if any of you have feedback you'd like to give about the new site, we'd be happy to hear it. We've done our best to fix any issues before going live, but we have already found some that we missed. So, if you have anything you want to let us know about, we'd appreciate it.
TheToyTrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
supafly
Generation 1
Re: Sponsor News - The Toy Trove's New Website - Important Info - New Preorders

Hey!

For me, the browser auto puts in the https and after clearing the cache, it goes to http and loads fine.

For pre-orders, my question is how will I complete the purchase once the item comes in? I put ~$25 down on Tracks and I am wondering what happens next. Once the order is ready to complete, will I get an email with instructions to pay the balance? Since I don't have an account to see the status or complete the order, I would have to receive some kind of link that ties my deposit to the final balance?
Old 05-07-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
Xtreme987
Metroplex

At first I was having trouble getting the site to load so I just deleted the "www" part in the web url in my favourites in IE & then it loaded the new website fine. http://toytrove.com
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #5
herooftheday316
Energon

Hi there

Site is working fine for me and looks much better than your last version. Congrats!

One thing I would suggest (purely personal) is the ability to offer entire waves or cases. I am part of a little group of buddies in Montreal and I/we would love to be able to buy entire cases at a discount when compared to buying one today at a time.

Thanks

-Mike
Old 05-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Looks good, but you might want to put an ETA up with the pre-orders.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
CAF
Banned

I have tried everything, including doing a google search and clicking on that. Page will not load. Hopefully you are able to make it easier for people to get on the site without being a tech genius. I am looking forward to seeing your offerings. As a guy extremely frustrated with cross border ordering and duty fees ect, a decent Canadian outlet is really needed.

Specifically I am after Masterpiece and 3rd party TF as well as Black Series.

Strangely, the last link in this thread brought me to a page that wants me to purchase your stores domain name.

Last edited by CAF; 05-07-2015 at 01:36 PM.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
supafly
Generation 1

CAF, could be a DNS cache issues. If the site switched to a new host, perhaps the new DNS haven't propagated for your provider yet. Open a command window and ping the site. The IP I get (which loads the new site) is 72.3.177.107
Old 05-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
chuskers
Machine War

did you try the link to the right under sponsors? that should direct you, then you just need to resave under your favourites
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:30 PM   #10
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Any idea as to how much Quickslinger & Brake-Neck will cost ? Please & Thank You.