Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer
Cool Re: Going to China next week...1st time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
Buddy @ work says I have this to look forward too..
Did the writers of this know that those aren't appropriate words for public places? LMAO

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
rid
Beast Machine
Re: Going to China next week...1st time

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Yes, I missed that one: CTMA Centre

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...00523&t=h&z=18
Yes, that's the one!!! I wish I'm there again... There's so much to buy.... BadJeff, can i send you my shopping list?

Quote:
So BadJeff, are you going to stay in a hotel in Hong Kong and where will it be? How long will you be there? There are tons of stuffs beyond toys like trying out the foods, etc. Toys... you can get them from A3U or somewhere May be you should get a couple of vacation days and stay over?
I think he said "time will be tight" so I suspect it's either a long transit of a short stay. But I fully agree, the food there is simply amazing. An cheap too. I had the best chinese food in my life there. 10 course meal, private room, private waiter, A+ service, A+ food. All that for $20cad/person. And if you just want an average meal, it's still great and will cost you $2-3. Jut speaking about it makes me want to go back again...

Quote:
QuadESL+RID..you've exceeded my expectations...
I'm glad I can help. I went there myself and got help from various board members here so I'm glad I can return the favour.

Quote:

I'll have to print this off and read when I have more time tonight.
I'd even suggest you print this and bring it with you to HK. If you get lost, it'll help you find your way. I know it helped me to print it out.

You may also want to know that the chinese market has some toys I've never seen in north america. Like a Classic Prime/Magnus combo, or Grimlock/Jetfire combo and many Target/Walmart/BestBuy exclusives like the Metallic movie Megatron or MP Starscream etc.

If you're going to Shanghai, let me know and I can show you the way to a cool store with lots of (dirty/dusty) G1...

Have fun in asia!

My Wants:

Classics Game Of Deception (set preferred but individuals are OK too)
Most G1 Head/Power/Target-Masters
G1 RoadBuster, Scorponok, Shockwave
Any Optimus Prime (I have tons already but am always looking for more Primes)

Parts Needed: Triggerhappy's Targetmaster gun: Blowpipe (with gun attachment)
rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Yes, there are stores @ HK airport that stock toys. I have found Binaltechs and Soul of Chogokin figures over there last year when I was visiting. However, prices are not the best.
Oh I forgot to mention I found these in a store before you go beyond the gates. There are also a few stores after you pass through immigration desks but I didn't go through everyone so I don't know if they have toys. There are a few restaurants and food stalls beyond the gates, too, and I was trying to get my last bite of good food before I board the flight

You may want to print out maps from google map. Street names in HK are labeled in both Chinese and English so it will come in handy.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 04-01-2008 at 11:24 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #14
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Jourdo, I may need to ship back a box of loot to your house to avoid spousal detection
No worries... my storage rates are very reasonable.

You know if some extra Takara Classics found their way into that box of loot....

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.

Last edited by jourdo; 04-02-2008 at 10:25 AM.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #15
SirToys
Rice Cooker Bot

I've been to China 3 times, here's my TF KO collection

take a GPS datalogger so you can show us your TF hunting trek on google maps when you get back

I haven't been to Foshan, but I've been to HongKong, ShenZhen, DongGuan and GuangZhou, all are in that area. Foshan is next to GuangZhou.

If you're going to be traveling around HK, you'll probably be doing it by subway, double decker bus or streetcar. so I suggest getting an 'Octopus' Card, it's their transit smartcard, makes things so much easier than digging for change, and you can use it in 7-elevens I still have my collection of transit smartcards from the cities I mentioned above
SirToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #16
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Loads of good stuff, big thanks. Unfortunately when I say time is tight... it's tighter than tight...
I leave Monday aft for Toronto. (Yes, I know everyone is saying "why aren't you flying out of Vancouver??"...my company likes to make things interesting...
Leave Toronto tuesday am.Arrive @ HK 1pm wed, @ 4pm hop on small 1 hr local flight. Wed evening free (to recover from flight). Thursday/Friday full days @ factory. If we get everything done by Friday I'll get Sat to shop around and do tourist stuff. Sunday morning fly to HK airport, leave for Toronto 3pm ish, arrive @ TO 5pm same day (wow that's a lot of time zones to cover..) Then catch the redeye flight to Calgary Sunday night..... If i'm lucky I'll be home by 1am Tuesday..
I Think I'll give Redbull a call and see if they'd like to support me with a product donation..
Even better is the fact that the flights are overbooked both ways from TO/HK and since we did this all last minute I got shafted and stuck with a middle seat.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #17
SirToys
Rice Cooker Bot

If you're touring around Foshan on Saturday, keep an eye out for small shops that look like this, they usually have some interesting KO's, they're usually located near schools, this one was across the street from a school all decorated to look like a giant playhouse castle all the kids walking by see me and say "gui lao!" and laugh, (guay low) meaning "ghost guy", GuangDong slang for white guy lol

Notice in the pic, 2nd row from top, in middle, is a oversize combaticon vortex, and another in robot mode under the soccer balls.

One day to tour around is too short, it's a shame.

Are you learning any Chinese to speak while you're there? "ni hao" (nee how) means hello.
SirToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #18
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Since you will be in Foshan... you may want to go to Macau instead of HK for that 1 day. There should be transportation (bus, etc.) readily available to take you there. There should be toys over there too but I don't know where they can be found.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #19
borihazard
Robot Master

lol time for a macauian to step up my game to help! actually Macau does have some stores that sell TF's but since its a small place, there aren't many. exspecially in the center of the city(they're overpriced,i actuallly saw revoltech magnus for like..$80cdn). but there are 3 stores that are on the same street with good prices. and ONE toysrus in the whole city.once again, i guess its too small for many toy stores to exsist, but if u guys wanna know about it, get back to me
________
Shery

Last edited by borihazard; 08-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.
borihazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #20
chisau

Quote:
Buddy @ work says I have this to look forward too..
I don't even know where to start.......oh ya.......LOL
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote