Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Harder to find TFA DVD 2-pack or Grimlock?

I seem to be beating this issue like a dead horse...apologies in advance, but I'm trying to decide which would be better to get:

The Battle Begins DVD 2-pack (love Prime...already bought him separately off eBay. Thinking of kitbashing if I duplicate him. Megs is 'meh' to me)

or

Voyager class Grimlock (Grimmy's badass in so many ways!!!)

What do you think would be harder to find at TRU? The 2-pack or Grimlock? I've been saving this darned $30 TRU GC since Christmas so I'm limited as to where I will obtain either piece.

Perhaps the real question is: Can I wait until the end of August/September for Grimlock???

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Harder to find TFA DVD 2-pack or Grimlock?

I personally would go for Grimlock, not because he will be harder to get (I honestly don't think either will be too bad)... but because the other set already has Voyager counterparts available separately (without the "battle damage"). I'm just not sure that set will be worth it.**

** DISCLAIMER: Just because I say that, does not mean I will not buy it anyways. I have issues.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

I'd go with Grimlock too.

I wouldn't worry about any Animated toys being hard to find. I think the whole 08bb thing was really a fluke anomaly.

Also, I doubt you'll have to wait until August for Grimlock to be released in Canada...I wouldn't be surprised if he's out by the end of the month, or by mid-July at the very latest.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I don't think the 2 pack will be hard to get, and since you don't live near me and I want Grimlock more :P, I say you get Grimlock. I think he'll be harder to get since there's more popularity there too.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Wow...looks like him Grimlock...him King!!!

Anyone out there own Grimlock already? Can you comment on his awesomeness compared to the Prime and Megatron toys?

Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
DCompose
Robot Master

Grimlock all the way
DCompose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Also, I doubt you'll have to wait until August for Grimlock to be released in Canada...I wouldn't be surprised if he's out by the end of the month, or by mid-July at the very latest.
I hope you're right. I've been itching to use up my TRU GC.

I almost broke down and bought some Indy toys the other day. The only thing that stopped me was the poor quality.

The Animated line really appeals to me (especially Grimlock) in that they are based on 2D cartoon models. Hasbro's done an awesome job replicating the cartoon look. The Indy toys, however, have missed the mark.

Besides...Grimlock > Indiana Jones.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Grimlock.
You have the prime, and you don't care for the megs... so what's the debate here?

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave View Post
Grimlock.
You have the prime, and you don't care for the megs... so what's the debate here?
I kinda felt like Prime and Megatron should go together so I was seriously considering trying to sell off my eBay-bought DLX Prime or modifying him.

But some of the recent on-line reviews of the 2-pack and Grimlock have really changed my mind.

I've never owned a Megatron and I was hoping the Animated version would be my first, but the space cockroach alt mode sucks (Earth chopper Megs rules but the Leader class toy is kinda huge).

So this wasn't so much a debate but a recertification of what I've known all along...Grimlock KING!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Icetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I kinda felt like Prime and Megatron should go together so I was seriously considering trying to sell off my eBay-bought DLX Prime or modifying him.

But some of the recent on-line reviews of the 2-pack and Grimlock have really changed my mind.

I've never owned a Megatron and I was hoping the Animated version would be my first, but the space cockroach alt mode sucks (Earth chopper Megs rules but the Leader class toy is kinda huge).

So this wasn't so much a debate but a recertification of what I've known all along...Grimlock KING!!!
That's pretty much how I feel... I might end up just handing TRU my $60 for both.