Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Hook
Machine War
QC issues with WST Swoop and Sludge?

I received my WST Swoop and Sludge yesterday (BIG thanks to devilsknight & Jourdo!) and was wondering if anyone experienced some QC issues with theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy to have all 5 WST dinos, but it looks like QC took a drop on those last two.

-Sludge's legs are so floppy that I simply cannot keep him balanced enough to stand up. Even worse, the leg joints are held together by tiny rivets. The left leg's rivet on mine wasn't installer properly and wobbles like crazy. Other than the loose leg problem, Sludge is fine.

-Swoop was a bag full of fun. First off, his missile launchers do not fit under the wings. Is this a widespread problem? I also found it insanely hard to pry the chest halves. Finally, the left arm assembly on my Swoop has a stripped screw. I'll have to superglue the thing because in its current state, the arm doesn't stay in place. There isn't enough pressure on the shoulder joint to keep the arm in place.

Oh, and I'll definitely wait until Delta comes out with some reprolabels for these guys - my other WST Dinos look awesome with them!

Anyone else have issues with their WSTs?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Big Filipino
Protectobot
Re: QC issues with WST Swoop and Sludge?

I didn't have nearly as many problems as you were describing. I think my Swoop stands ok. I did have the chest issue in which case I loosened the 4 screws holding it. Oh and yes the missle launchers did not fit.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
devilsknight
Banned

Live from England ! On the corner of a street near the harbour with a bus shelter that provides free wireless LOL.

I did notice some issues with mine as well, but nothing major that a screw driver didn't fix.

I hope everyone else's start to trickle in too. Keep me posted I will check when I can.

Also could someone PM me how expensive those Classics TC and Skywarp are and where to buy them ?

Big thanks...i'd post more in another thread but time is limited. Thanks a bunch !

Last edited by devilsknight; 05-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

I just got mine, and I have the same problem with Swoop. I broke an arm off by accident.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
Hook
Machine War

There were so many delays with these two figures that I've got a feeling they skimmed down on QC to finally get them released. Too bad, because the WST Dinorobots are an awesome set.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I don't have any issues with my Sludge.

Both Swoops that I have (both the regular-issue and the Stocking-Stuffer ones) had wings tha were WAY too chromed; the launcher pegs don't fit in their sockets. Also, both Swoops had REALLY tight chest panels that made me break my nails whenever I transformed them the first time. Every subsequent time was alright, though (barely).
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Yeah.... not overly impressed with the QC on these 2. Just going to leave them in dino-mode and put them on display....try not to handle them any more than i have to.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Sludge seemed ok for me. He needed a little extra prying from my transformation tool (read: screwdriver) to get his tail apart.

Swoop was another story. I could not split the chest piece at all. Uber tight. Even the transformation tool was little use. I'm too scared to put much more pressure on him as I feel he might snap like a twig. A well, Transformer number 2 who will never be transformed (#1 = MP Megatron).

They still both look good in dino mode, which is how they will be displayed. The worst thing about these dinos is that now I REALLY want the full sized versions. Re-release them already HasTak!!!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #9
Icetron

Hmm, just got my swoop. it looks like one side of the chest doesn't want to open so I guess I won't try to force it (don't want to break it and spend another $30~ to replace it) and it looks good in dino mode anyways.

One of my missile launchers don't fit under the wings either unfortunately, while the other fits VERY loosely. One of the launchers don't want to let a missile slip in too.

Not entirely disappointed with it, but still somewhat. I'm mostly disappointed with the fact that the launchers don't fit in dino mode, it would look cooler if they did.

Last edited by Icetron; 05-26-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Hmm, just got my swoop. it looks like one side of the chest doesn't want to open so I guess I won't try to force it (don't want to break it and spend another $30~ to replace it) and it looks good in dino mode anyways.

One of my missile launchers don't fit under the wings either unfortunately, while the other fits VERY loosely. One of the launchers don't want to let a missile slip in too.

Not entirely disappointed with it, but still somewhat. I'm mostly disappointed with the fact that the launchers don't fit in dino mode, it would look cooler if they did.
Just received mine... and yes I have the same problem: one of the missiles cannot be fit on the right wing , the chest/body is extremely difficult to split open and the paint job on one of the robot leg... never mind, at least they have finally released it. However, my Sludge is otherwise perfect.

BTW, on the box for Swoop there seems to be a silhouette of the next Justitoys' WST... what is that?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote