Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
pud333
Animated
Re: Possible ripoff with one of the members here

I'll have to echo everyone else here. He technically did nothing wrong on his end. Sure he knew the total was off but thats not his responsibility as a buyer. Just don't do business with him again.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I can't abide dishonesty as a rule, I pride myself on being truthful and honest with any and all dealings. Sometimes perhaps to the detriment of my pocket book.

Still, that's just me, there are others. Nameless, faceless others, who prefer to notice the discrepency and keep quiet in order to benefit themselves. Purely out of misplaced desires to make the better deal and of course the all-familiar monster known as Greed.

What happened in this instance was an unfortunate event, however once a transaction is complete you can not suddenly start asking for more money due to an error made on your part. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

The way people act these days everyone is out for a fast buck or an easy time, they are so concerned with their wants, their needs, that they fail to take into consideration how it could hurt the other party. (Credit Card Bill Payments being missed, or some necessity needed to go without for a month due to lack of funds.)

Or to quote 3PO, 'he made a fair move, screaming about it won't help'. True it was a bit dishonest, the guy knew he was ripping you off in a way, that you failed to calculate it up properly was on your head not his. If I had to keep track of everyone else's sale prices on top of my own and then remind them because they misquote a lower number, I'd be bound to make a mess of things eventually.

Or to just go with the flow. What others have said. You don't see a major retailer chasing down everyone who doesn't get an item scanned through cashier neglicence do you? (Of course we're talking about global retail chains here who couldn't possibly keep track of everything going on at every till and notice when something doesn't ring up... Yeah, bad analogy.)
Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
jok
Mini-Con

I just exchanged text message with him and it's become obvious to me that I am not getting my money back. Call it dishonesty or lack of integrity, it is what it is. For him to say "Let's just move one" just adds insult to the whole thing.

Sure, I won't be doing business with him again and maybe to other Filipinos for that matter (local deals)... I am one and I know that we are cheap, would always want to get away with more even when not deserving. Being a straight businessman for years have changed me to be the better person but it's apparent some are not.

Guess I'll be sticking to ebay for this matter until I can trust private sales again.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
jok
Mini-Con

Told him I was hoping he would do the honest thing and reply was "Honest thing, I already paid you so please don't ask for more" I guess what you guys are saying right. People think you're ripping them off when asking for money after the deal. Even though some people than the original transaction done in good faith when bad.

I don't think I can take him to small claims court since I did the actual mistake. If I can, I'd jump on it.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jok View Post
Guess I'll be sticking to ebay for this matter until I can trust private sales again.
I would do a private sale 100 times out of 100 even if stuff like this happened.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I would do a private sale 100 times out of 100 even if stuff like this happened.
This. EBay is a last resort. The issue here was miscalculation of a total. If that never happened, it wouldn't have gotten to this point. eBay, however, you can be screwed in so many more ways. Private sales all the way.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
I just exchanged text message with him and it's become obvious to me that I am not getting my money back. Call it dishonesty or lack of integrity, it is what it is. For him to say "Let's just move one" just adds insult to the whole thing.

Sure, I won't be doing business with him again and maybe to other Filipinos for that matter (local deals)... I am one and I know that we are cheap, would always want to get away with more even when not deserving. Being a straight businessman for years have changed me to be the better person but it's apparent some are not.

I don't see how ethnicity/race has anything to do with this, but ok.

If the buyer was Caucasian or another ethnicity, would it have made a difference?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:

He's right though. It sucks, but you just have to chalk it up to the cost of doing business and move on.

To complain about it and then say the guy ripped you off makes you look like an asshole (not meant to offend, just what you're coming off as.)

That said, if you continue to do private sales (which is really the best way to do it), run it like an actual business.

When someone wants to buy, get their name, the items they want and the costs and write it down or do up an Excel worksheet. Works wonders for keeping track of what is being sold and gives you something to use to keep track of the transaction.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
Slayback
Animated

Toy Karma.

It happens to everyone. You win some and you lose some. Sometimes you get the fantastic deal - i've never heard people come back and say - hey you're really undercharging me for this figure - can i pay you more?
I've undercharged people stupidly so, and when i realise my mistake i realise - its MY mstake. I kick myself afterwards and move on. Depending on the situation - i never do business with that person again - or i realise that it's a business (and folks don't bs -this is a business whether its for fun or otherwise) and look forward to selling/trading things -and make my $$ back.
Hopefully you'll have better toy karma next time.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #20
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I've misquoted someone on shipping once, and had to eat it.

Now I always double check and take it to the post office first.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Closed Thread