Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #21
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Toysrus BH deluxes now $5 ...

My TRU also has the $5 thing on. Still ain't selling here in Niagara

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #22
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Starscream could make a cool Terrorsaur. Krock Out could be Skullcruncher?
Actually, I already have a Starscream, Krock Out, and and Arcee from the last time they were on sale for $5 at TRU which I plan to repaint into Terrorsaur, Gator Megatron, and Bat Primal. The second Starscream I picked up yesterday is going to be Fractyl and I may pick up a third one to repaint as Lazorbeak/Hydra.

It's too bad Generations aren't on sale too. I'd like to pick up another Waspinator to do a BW Bumblebee.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #23
Wheeltron
Maximal

Which Deluxes are like, top tier of the line? Plenty at my Wal-mart but what to get is the problem. Seems a shame not to get SOMEthing, but I want FoC Grimlock and Waspinator first and foremost.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #24
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I want to find a skids and a waspinator bad but I doubt I will around my neck of the woods I am hoping GTA has some on May 4
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #25
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Did you try scanning them in the thing? Sometimes the store signage just doesn't get updated, especially if its not part of the regularly weekly deals.

Or I dunno, see if they'll match the price of their online sale.
It rang up at 9.99, I paid for it already. So, yeah, if it's still 5$ on Saturday I might see about price adjusting, especially since I paid more money than I could have had the system been set up for 5$ like their online store was.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #26
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
It rang up at 9.99, I paid for it already. So, yeah, if it's still 5$ on Saturday I might see about price adjusting, especially since I paid more money than I could have had the system been set up for 5$ like their online store was.
I tried asking the cashier if they would price match Ripclaw to their website price at the Pickering TRU and he said no so then he asked his manager and he said no too...some malarchy about different deals for website than for store???? He gave me a dollar off anyway but $5 for Ripclaw would have been just Prime!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #27
Undrave
Canadian Slag

My local TRU also had the 5$ pricing so I went nuts and bought an extra Bat-cee to potentially repaint into Flamewar, and I got Ratchet, Skystalker and Prowl.

Ratchet's new spikes are a pain in the neck during transformation, and Prowl has an annoying transformation full of tiny little tabs on thin panels and is shoulder assembly is flimsier than a Kleenex!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #28
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I've found that if you transform Prowl's legs last when going to alt mode, you're getting rid of like 90% of the annoyance hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #29
Undrave
Canadian Slag

What I hate the more is the part with the shoulder! I can't seem to orient them properly. I wish there was a nice clipping point for the grey uppearm. the front part hates me and doesn't want to cooperate. One of the front wheel won't spin too.

It feels like you'd need four arms to collapse the whole front end at once >< I really hate this type of transformation that have been invading since the movie lines. So many tiny tabs!

In car mode it looks like it can split in half.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #30
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I've found that if you transform Prowl's legs last when going to alt mode, you're getting rid of like 90% of the annoyance hah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
What I hate the more is the part with the shoulder! I can't seem to orient them properly. I wish there was a nice clipping point for the grey uppearm. the front part hates me and doesn't want to cooperate. One of the front wheel won't spin too.

It feels like you'd need four arms to collapse the whole front end at once >< I really hate this type of transformation that have been invading since the movie lines. So many tiny tabs!

In car mode it looks like it can split in half.
You guys serious? The Prowl/Smokescreen BH Mold is nowhere near as finicky as some of those movie toys. Hell I find the RotF Twins molds more of a nuisance to transform than both of these twins.

Once you know what you're doing it's just as simple as any of the other deluxe PRID molds.

Sure he's a bit more involved than your typical revealer, since he doesn't have an automorph style head reveal gimmick, but he's nowhere near as complex as some of those movie toys were.