Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Pascal
Banned
Animated Prime (Cybertron mode) : small review

You've already seen a lot of pictures and the video review, so I'll be quick.

Came bagged with instructions in truck mode. My Prime has a number engraved under the cab (72781), something I've seen on some of my other test shots.

TRUCK MODE

Cab is slightly shorter and narrower than Machine Wars Prime but slightly bigger than Energon DLX Optimus Prime. Mainly red and blue with some silver and yellow paint apps. Very Prime-ish to say the least. There's a silver Autobot symbol on top of the cab. Windshield is of a nice translucent blue. There are tank tracks molded where the rear wheels should be, too bad they're left unpainted in blue. I can already see customizers taking care of this. Same thing with the exhaust pipes, although I don't remember what color they are in the show. Myself, I don't think it looks kidsy at all. If anything, it looks more "serious" in this mode than Armada Prime and more "finished" than Energon Prime. In this mode, the axe looks like it forms a hitch of some sort. I wonder if Prime will be able to tow something further down the line?

TRANSFORMATION

Finally a Prime deluxe that doesn't transform like crap (looking at you Armada Supercon Prime and Energon DLX Prime!). A bunch of neat little tricks, some old (legs), some new (torso and arm location). No real "automorphing" like my Animated Starscream had though. I like how the shoulders and torso are formed, something we hadn't seen yet in a Prime.

ROBOT MODE

Now that's an awesome looking Prime. I for one like the mouthplate-less look. The figure is superbly articulated (there's even a waist joint). Again, looking at it. I don't think it looks all that cartoony or "deformed". Prime looks like a fierce warrior with his shield and axe. The toy has a lot of presence in this mode, it almost looks like it's alive. Out of the 3 different axe modes, I prefer configuration #1, the one used most of the time in the show. The combined form with the shield doesn't look much like an axe to me, but it's still okay.

Seriously guys. This line is kicking all kinds of asses.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Re: Animated Prime (Cybertron mode) : small review

c'mon trailer to tow!!

I really like the looks of the bot mode for this Prime, the alt mode only seems so-so to me though (I wish they had a flap to cover over the arms at the back in alt mode), it would look a lot better with something attached to that hitch though! (and then he wouldn't look as much like a protoform comet).

This is one of the few (or two?) ones we are supposed to see well before June or August or whatever right?
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Probably part of the 2-pack with Megatron (both in Cybertron mode version).
Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Very nice. I am already looking at this guy as a potential b-day present for my son. He wants a prime, but still too small for the leader sizes..
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Autovolt 127
Animated

That Instruction art for the cover is much like the Classics line.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
pud333
Animated

Although I haven't been a fan of the animated show, everyone that actually owns any of these tend to love them, so I think I may have to change my mind and wait until I see them in person before I make a final decision. Looks promising though.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Probably part of the 2-pack with Megatron (both in Cybertron mode version).
Supposedly, the two-pack Prime is Cybertronian Prime remolded to look like his earth-mode self.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

That's something I was wondering about when watching the show... how come Prime is identical in robot form even after scanning his new alternate mode? I was expecting the robot mode to be changed a bit?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
That's something I was wondering about when watching the show... how come Prime is identical in robot form even after scanning his new alternate mode? I was expecting the robot mode to be changed a bit?
It is a changed a little bit. He has a solid piece blue chest in Cyb form, but has 2 distinct windows similar to traditional Prime's while in Earth form... along with the addition of firetruck lights on his back.

To be honest, I first thought that they pulled another G1 "More Than Meets The Eye" when I saw the Cyb forms of the Autobots since they look *so* similar to their Earth forms. But I eventually noticed while watching the show again last night that while in Cyb form, Bulkhead has tracks on his feet & back instead of wheels, Ratchet also has tracks instead of a wheels and a slightly different chest, and that Bumblebee has differently colored areas and slighlty different arms/shoulders. Still can't see the difference of Cyb vs. Earth forms of Prowl though... or Starscream, Blitzwing & Lugnut (?) for that matter.

Overall it's just a similar situation to G1 - where they obviously designed the Earth forms first, but made some small hindsight Cyb alterations for sake of animation and the Cyb toy versions of Prime & Megatron.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Autovolt 127
Animated

Pascal is Animated optimus very loose.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote