Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #31
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 discussion

It also seems odd to have Megs seemingly Galvanizing himself so early in the story. I don't think we've even seen his vehicle form yet (outside of concept art.)
Old 11-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #32
Supernova
Second star to the right

Going into it, I honestly expected to not like it right off the bat. I'll gladly admit that I was wrong.

As long as the writing keeps up, I'm hopeful that we'll have a solid series on our hands!

Some quick (and random) thoughts:
  • Even tough I haven't seen it in HD yet, the animation itself appears to be quite good. My only real knock being how devoid of life the world is.
  • Really liked that characterizations of Arcee, Ratchet, and Starscream. The rest, I feel like I need more time to pass judgement on.
  • The kids weren't as annoying as I feared
  • Bumblebee's "language" has to be the second most annoying sound in the world.
  • If there's so much Energon out there, but the Autobots have it in short supply, what have they been doing for the past three years?
  • I'm going to miss Cliffjumper, but I think his death was handled well within the story.
  • Eradicon toys, please!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #33
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: Reminder - Transformers Prime Episodes 1 and 2 air TODAY at 4 pm EST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwacko View Post
"The first rule about robot fight club is not to talk about robot fight club". This is turning out alright! Also this Bulkhead seems more appealing that TFA's.. donno why.
I think so too. I think it helps that this Bulkhead doesn't sound like he's stupid...or it's hard to tell. Either way, I'm quite enjoying this so far...though something about the way prime talks without his faceplate bugs me...

I'm really hoping we'll be getting toys out of this series.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #34
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

The key to this so far for me was the writing. I'm not in love with the designs but if it continues to deliver as a story the way it did in the first two episodes it should be decent.

Starscream is kinda a Wormtoungue like character from Lord of the Rings, which is very different from his past incarnations.

If he does turn out to be a mad scientist or something similar it will actually fit with his G1 background better than G1 did.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #35
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: About Transformers : Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I'm thinking Soudwave is mute. Not mute like Bumblebee who is like R2 D2 or one of the minicons. I'm thinking completely mute and can only play back recording of other characters' dialogue. He'll probably be like Silent Bob; he'll never talk during the entire series until the very end when he says something very important/profound/epic.
This is exactly what I was thinking about.We haven't gotten any Voice Actor declared for Soundwave before the premiere.I'm very impressed that out of the characters,Soundwave tends to be the most liberalized classic character of the Franchise: Alt-mode a jet,mute,who knows what else they have in store,but I adore this new Soundwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwacko View Post
Everytime bumblebee says something, I think some of my ear cells had died... But overall, its not bad. Kinda surprised they start the show by killing an autobot... O_o
Here's what I don't seem to understand...how are the humans,particularly Raf knows what BumbleBee is saying (Especially when he said to Jack 'Only I can come with him')...unless,BumbleBee addresses to the humans in Morse Code (Do people even know that still?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
I also think not having BB talk is piss poor writing. I don't know why, it just bugs me.
Since Orci and Kurtzman are involved in this series,I believe that it's their idea.Personally,I still wished that Keaton played him rather than being Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
The model for Starscream looks really schemey... and twisted. I think it works well.
I'm going to be honest here,I really enjoy this new direction to Starscream:This hunchbacked,dark schemer is reminiscent of a classic villain that could be found in Shakespeare's time,which was Starscream was loosely termed sometime in the Franchise.

Quote:
And I thought Megatron sound evil, just like he should have. I would have hated if he had his G1 voice. He actually sounds exactly as he did in WFC.
I've never enjoyed Welker's voice in G1,but in Prime,he surprised me.Like Cullen,his voice is far greater in age.

Quote:
So far I'm a big fan of this show. They way they did these humans actually works for me, and I typically hate the humans in Transformer shows.
I'm not going to judge the humans too quickly.I'm still sceptical with them to see how they will work into the series.I would be very happy if there were like the kids in Headmasters,but that's just a dream of mine.

Quote:
I LOVE the Ratchet in this show. He practically has the same personality from animated... but without the more childish tone of TFA, his character comes across really well.
There must be something wrong with me,but why does Ratchet remind me of Azimuth in Ratchet & Clank?They're not even the same Voice Actor,and this constant comparison is really throwing me off to concentrate on his character,but,that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
If he does turn out to be a mad scientist or something similar it will actually fit with his G1 background better than G1 did.
One miracle at a time my boy,one miracle at a time.

Anyways,so far it's keeping my attention most of the time.I'm not going to judge the writing since this is a Five-Part Episode and I require to see the rest of them to have an 'honest' opinion on them.So,I'm going to keep quiet on how the writing is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #36
Nullray
IGC

So far I don't seem to mind it. The idea of the Chaos bringer is the source of the Dark Energon kinda works for me. It is strange that they are blending the Movie and WFC imagery. I don't like the Prime look. Whats with the mirrors and he has a floating glass chest plate. Don't like that IMO. I agree with Bumblebee not being able to speak. Its crap. To me he has become Retardobot. I was happy when Ratchet fixed him - short lived. All in all it isn't turning out to be all that bad. It is very open ended for a Unicron battle.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Okay, people keep asking about that one kid knowing what Bumblebee is saying... that's obviously set up as a mystery. We aren't supposed to get it. The fact that other characters (the taller guy) doesn't understand bumblebee means there is something special about the kid. It's a plot point.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #38
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

cliffjumper = Star Trek redshirt. SWEET !!!!!!!!
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #39
prime13
mendōkusei...

Am I the only one that noticed the Nemesis looks like a giant animated Starscream with extra wings?
Old 11-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Okay, people keep asking about that one kid knowing what Bumblebee is saying... that's obviously set up as a mystery. We aren't supposed to get it. The fact that other characters (the taller guy) doesn't understand bumblebee means there is something special about the kid. It's a plot point.
I just assumed it was one of those Stewie/Brian situations, where one understands the other, though nobody else can for no particular reason, but everyone just rolls with it anyways.

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote