Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #1
LadyBug
Generation 2
TFCon 2016 T-Shirt

The only thing I was really upset with this year was the design of the t-shirt. I was really expecting a matching Megatron one to last year's Optimus Prime. Its by far the weakest design over the past 4 years that my group has been attending. I don't know what the process entails nor how its gone about choosing a design for the convention, but it should have been Megatron related this year. Frank Welker doesn't do conventions very much. It should of been honored through every aspect of TFCon.
LadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: TFCon 2016 T-Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
The only thing I was really upset with this year was the design of the t-shirt. I was really expecting a matching Megatron one to last year's Optimus Prime. Its by far the weakest design over the past 4 years that my group has been attending. I don't know what the process entails nor how its gone about choosing a design for the convention, but it should have been Megatron related this year. Frank Welker doesn't do conventions very much. It should of been honored through every aspect of TFCon.
I'm on the opposite side of the coin. I love the shirt. It's honestly one of the first ones I really like. I agree it would have been nice to have something with Megatron, but I'm happy with the choice they made.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
zackmak
Robot Master

I was ready to buy a t-shirt, as well, but when the design was shown on the forum prior to the con, it was an easy pass. It looked like a Jack Daniel's label LOL.

I was ready for a new Transformers shirt and was hoping to buy the TFcon one if it had Megatron on it, but now I'm just going to go to one of the online t-shirt stores and order something.

My guess is that there wasn't a lot of interest in it from the convention goers. I barely saw anyone wearing one, and the thread on this site that introduced what the shirt looked like had no replies on it from the members.

Last edited by zackmak; 07-19-2016 at 10:31 AM.
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
Mystic Metal
CHIEF IDEA OFFICER
Mystic Metal's Ebay Auctions

As I recall, last year's Optimus shirt had an unintentional swastika due to the font type and partial cover-up of the artwork.

Personally, I liked this year's shirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tfcon2015tshirt.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	34026  
Attached Images

Mystic Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
I was ready to buy a t-shirt, as well, but when the design was shown on the forum prior to the con, it was an easy pass. It looked like a Jack Daniel's label LOL.

I was ready for a new Transformers shirt and was hoping to buy the TFcon one if it had Megatron on it, but now I'm just going to go to one of the online t-shirt stores and order something.

My guess is that there wasn't a lot of interest in it from the convention goers. I barely saw anyone wearing one, and the thread on this site that introduced what the shirt looked like had no replies on it from the members.
In my defense, I wash my shirts first to let them shrink before wearing them.

I liked the shirt. Especially the Est. 2002 part. It does show the heritage this con has just with that date
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #6
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
Normally I'd agree with you. But something about this 2016 shirt just worked.
I really liked the years written 2002-2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Metal View Post
As I recall, last year's Optimus shirt had an unintentional swastika due to the font type and partial cover-up of the artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
It looked like a Jack Daniel's label LOL.
TeeHee-ous!!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote