Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #11
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo
Re: ROTF on eBay! SUper cheap too...nooooot

YAY for Japanese Pirate Tanks.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #12
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Man, I would do it, but that shipping price is Outrageous.

lmao
Old 09-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Back in the days, when Sean Long, DBanks and the likes were fighting to be first, new toys were easily selling for $100+, some of them for 200+. Remember Sean's $350 Animated Blitzwing? I think the very first Movie Jetfire sold for over a grand, but that has to be confirmed. I do know that one sold for over $400, and probably another one in the $300+ range. But right now, it's easy to get prerelease toys for pretty cheap. Most of the ones I get, I pay retail or less (free? ). At worst you'll pay 1.5 to 3 times retail when the figure is reaaaaaaally in high demand. It's usually just a matter of waiting a couple more days when the first sample pops up and finding the right seller. The one linked definitely is not one of them!
Yeah... I don't get the "pre-release" buying when it's for insane amounts. $350 Blitzwing? Right now I kind of shake my head because for $350 you could pretty much buy every Animated Voyager figure at retail price for that amount, and now, its made even more insane with the walmart clearance sale. Even if I was King and living in a castle of gold, I'd be waiting in line with the peasants at retail or least sending my servants to do so, because it's one thing when paying a little extra, and then theres the "OMG you paid how much!?!?" I just don't get it.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

This sounds like something Sean Long would buy.
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Batman
The Dark Knight

Bought x 5

Seriously though, isn't this coming out in a few months anyway?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
generalblast

!!! $4K !!! is something I wouldn't even think about. Who would get a toy probably 15x the cost of retail? This thing is coming out 2 or 3 months from now. Besides, it is stolen factory product.

Man, this guy can never sell it for sure, unless if it is somebody who wants to get it first and review it first. It's probably not successful in any way.
generalblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #17
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Yeah... I don't get the "pre-release" buying when it's for insane amounts. $350 Blitzwing? Right now I kind of shake my head because for $350 you could pretty much buy every Animated Voyager figure at retail price for that amount, and now, its made even more insane with the walmart clearance sale. Even if I was King and living in a castle of gold, I'd be waiting in line with the peasants at retail or least sending my servants to do so, because it's one thing when paying a little extra, and then theres the "OMG you paid how much!?!?" I just don't get it.
that's why we can only be king at our individual room.
Some of those "first of everything" TF bidders not only pay for the first hand experience to have the figure but also compete with each other for their purchase power and reputation. I know some of the toy reviewer on youtube doing that. The price might seem to be crazy for us, but in term of the viewing numbers on the youtube/reviews, the fullfillment, reputation and enjoyment might bring them different level of satisfication.
And in order to stay on the top and news, they might just keep doing it.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote