Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Submit your Questions now for Cyberton.ca's Hasbro Transformers Q&A for October

Just a reminder,

Hasbro will not answer questions about specific character toys

EX: "Is there going to be a Leader whoever?" or "Are we getting a Movie Ultra Magnus toy?"

They also cannot confirm or deny any upcoming products.

This is an opportunity to find out about the behind the scenes creative process, the thoughts, decisions and the people involved with Transformers.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 09-27-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
generalblast
Re: Submit your Questions now for Cyberton.ca's Hasbro Transformers Q&A for October

1). "NEST Global Alliance" subline from the Revenge of the Fallen line has some interesting new molds. Other than the comfired new molds for this line, will we see any more new molds made or is it going to be mostly repaints?

2). Will there be anymore new sublines? I want to see the return of an old subline from the Movie toyline, like Premium Class. (I don't know if it is successful or not, but it will be nice.)

3). Why is Canada always get stock much later than other countries or states, like America? For example, Wave 5 Voyagers. They've been released over a month from now and still not sighted. I would like to see figures released much faster here.

4). Why are some special figures, like Buster Prime or the last Movie toyline Black Arcee from the Takara Tomy line, isn't released here? I would like to see a figures from a country across the sea or even from the States, like Jolt from the Movie toyline, appear here in Canada. We would like to get things that other countries or states can get that we can't get before.

If you're not going to answer Questions 1-4, even if I hope you do:

5). How long does it take, for example, Deluxe Dirge from the Revenge of the Fallen toyline, to design a figure, plan it, confirm the design, and make it out? Be more specific, how long does it take to make a new mold from planning and designing to finishing the product?

6). Does it take a long time to figure out the right spots to put the ball joints etc. so it can transform and move freely, like the knees or elbows? How many people does it takes when thinking about this and putting it into action?( Like testing out the figure)

7). Does it take a lot of thinking when writing bios for each and every figure?

Last edited by generalblast; 09-27-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
justprime
Animated

Hello Hasbro
1: I would like to know if the rest of animated figures are going to show up in Canada arcee rodimus etc?
2: Why does it seem we are 1to3 months behind the U.S. in respect to Releases of the Transformers line of new toys?
3:Will there be a new Transformers cartoon in the near futuren to fill the void by animateds demise?
Thank you
Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
KBlurr
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Just a reminder,

EX: "Is there going to be a Leader whoever?" or "Are we getting a Movie Ultra Magnus toy?"

This is an opportunity to find out about the behind the scenes creative process, the thoughts, decisions and the people involved with Transformers.
Was my question one of those examples?

Voyager Megatron GOT IT
Voyager Shockwave GOT IT
Human Alliance Soundwave
Leader Sentinel Prime GOT IT
Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

-What kind of process is used for devising obscure/unlikely repaints? Are possible repaints planned in advance when a mold is being developed? Do employees submit their ideas for the more obscure/brilliant repaints that are made?-

Universe Ratbat is a good example of an ingenious repaint that I doubt was planned when the mold was being developed. So I'm just really curious of how that happens.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Old 09-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Just a reminder,

I find these both interesting being that the Star Wars wing of Hasbro is constantly addressing both styles of questions.

For instance in the last Q&A they mentioned that they have plans to include three of the Ewok characters from The Ewok Adventure when questioned about upcoming Ewok toys.

As well they stated that a new Wookiee figure was in the plans for 2011, and other similar things.

I read new info about specific characters every Q & A, and frankly its what keeps me interested in those Q&A's.

I guess my question is, if they can't give any specific answers to fan questions about characters or upcoming product, whats the point?

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 09-27-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #17
Pascal
Banned

We got Star Wars Transformers, then Marvel Transformers... will we see GI Joe Transformers?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #18
Aernaroth
Metroplex

There has been an increasing use of trademarked names from one line in others (Transformers names in GI Joe, GI Joe names in Transformers, Visionaries names in Transformers... etc). Is this done to protect the trademark, to save on having to purchase a new trademark, some mixture of the two, or another reason entirely?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #19
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
There has been an increasing use of trademarked names from one line in others (Transformers names in GI Joe, GI Joe names in Transformers, Visionaries names in Transformers... etc). Is this done to protect the trademark, to save on having to purchase a new trademark, some mixture of the two, or another reason entirely?
Visionaires names in Transformers?

and my question would be how is Hasbro encouraging Canadian retailers to carry more (order more?) stock of Transformers?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #20
Traxxas

Hi ,
Does Hasbro have plans to officially re-release the extremely popular G1 form factor Dinobots in their original glory??

To support this question / request, hasbro only need to look at the very popular Takara MP Grimlock.

Thank you, G1 Transformer fan,
Chris Barwig
Closed Thread

Tags
hasbro q&a