Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #241
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: Universe and Animated Voyagers on Clearance at Wal-mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Gather round kids, it's "Story Time, with GMfan"

This story begins with a simple knave, whose recent journeys have left him in an ill state. He decided to muster up the ability to leave his village and try to get someone he knew an Animated Skywarp for where she lived, in the land far far away, it was not an easily found item.

He ventured to the local Wal-mart hoping to find one, curtailing his journey and sure enough there was one remaining, hidden in a clutter of crap. The item was scanned and 30 pence rang up. Puzzled he decided to take it to the shop keep at customer service with tome in hand stating said item to be 10 pence.

Confused was the poor customer service shop keep at the tome which clearly stated the discounted item, so she called upon her friend in red. As the friend in red waddled over to the knave she stated that only the toy keeper could grant him this item for said 10 pence.

The toy keeper suddenly appeared at custom service, as if out of no where! With her she brought a case of Transformers Universe voyagers pointed to them and proclaimed, "THESE ARE ALL I HAVE FOR 10 PENCE!". The knave pointed to the tome which clearly stated Transformers Universe or Animated Voyagers for $10. "This is a universe figure, this is a animated figure, both are voyagers" argued the knave.

The toy keeper then summoned the ogreish creature known as Manager. Manager talked to the toy keeper and stated again that the Universe voyagers were only 10 pence. Now enraged and feeling worse then he did entering the shop the knave lost it! snapped! and pointed out for the final time that the tome clearly stated that the Animated voyagers were on sale for 10 pence as well as Universe voyagers.

Manager could not resist anymore, indeed the knave was speaking the truth as the tome did not lie...the Animated Skywarp was given away for 10 pence...plus 13% village tax...

BUT as retribution the ogre proclaimed that all remaining Animated voyagers be removed from the store shelves...the knave thought "what a dumb asshole..." and continued on his journey....

The End

The moral of the story, when shop keeps are clearly wrong, call them on it.
Pence are cents, not dollars. You were looking for shillings.

Also, Iambic Pentameter or bust!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #242
1337w422102
I come from the Net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post

Iambic Pentameter? Fffft. Rime Royal, bishes. Or sestina.

Ages 25 & Up: Comics with Kung-Fu Grip and Balljoints of Steel
Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #243
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post

I'll give you 5 shillings to shut up!

Though keep in mind should this had been a medieval tale items for sales would be much less then their cost today....remember 10 cent comics of the 50's?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #244
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Onslaught is an Ultra-class figure. You can't argue for a toy that's not on sale...
He's an Ultra class? Seems voyagerish for ultra?
Oh well, screw it then.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #245
Animelee
lives in Carbombya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I'll give you 5 shillings to shut up!

Though keep in mind should this had been a medieval tale items for sales would be much less then their cost today....remember 10 cent comics of the 50's?
Yeah, go on with your excuses. Cool story, though. It had everything!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #246
Icetron

My WM was cleared out, only saw 1 TFA Lugnut, no Universe Voyagers at all.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #247
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

For those collectors in the KW area, the Wal-Mart at Fairway Mall still had 2 endcap shelves full of Infernos and Vector Primes for $10 each. Looks like it was another shipment that came in that they are clearing out.

if you need one, now's the time to get one before they go back up.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #248
Sokar
Armada

I argued with customer service, the toy dept manager, and the assistant manager all today and got nothing. The customer service person didn't even believe me that hasbro made the transformer I had in my hand until I flipped the box over and showed her the bloody logo.

I was told by the assistant who to talk to since this is from what I can tell false advertising on their part. The district manager will be getting a nice phone call from me on monday morning.

Seriously, how f*cking difficult is it for these people to actually think on their own. It says universe OR animated voyager class figures. Both "animated" and "voyager class" is listed clearly on the box. The fact that the flyer itself only lists one code number should be a give away that there's something missing in the computer system. And yet, despite logic and general good customer service skills suggesting that you would give the customer what is stated in your adds, even the assistant manager just sat and gave me the story that they can only go off of what they've got in the computer.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #249
venksta
Render Project Creations

I went to two different Walmarts today. Didn't have much of an issue getting the discount on the TFA Voyagers I wanted. At the first Walmart, the cashier had to call two people before I got my Starscream for $10. At the second Walmart, the cashier needed assistance in making sure if Blitzwing was a "figure". Lol. This second Walmart was easier to work with, as their endcap with the TFU Voyagers had listed "or Animated Voyagers", so there was two proofs in my favor. Also, the cashier was nice enough to believe it, as she only called someone to override the register to adjust the price.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #250
generalblast

Is Walmart still jammed packed with chaotic customers that drive all those sales person crazy? But that depends which Walmart. Last week, there was one Walmart that has so less people that there was no line at the cashier while another was jammed packed with customers and each line had a line.

I never heard one story that a store refused to price match their own item that they advertised in their flyer. Walmart is so far the first big retailer I heard that DON'T price match their own flyer. I bet Walmart don't even know what they were thinking when they were listening to a complaint by a customer. Wait, not one, but mostly, all.

I bet they are not even paying attention to what everybody is saying. As I said, who would ever "Refuse" Ad Match their on "Ad"? Walmart just went from good, to crazy, and insane.

What's next?
Closed Thread

Tags
sale, universe