Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #11
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *ONGOING INVESTIGATION*

What's the quality of these guys? I know many of you all love the 3rd party stuff but i've always felt skeptical. That said I am considering getting the Make Toys Green Giant set but QC concerns me. Also, is there a Hercules set too or just individual? Hercules being a bit larger I like but Green Giant for me is more Devestator but wish he was a bit more giant.
Any suggestions?
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *ONGOING INVESTIGATION*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
What's the quality of these guys? I know many of you all love the 3rd party stuff but i've always felt skeptical. That said I am considering getting the Make Toys Green Giant set but QC concerns me. Also, is there a Hercules set too or just individual? Hercules being a bit larger I like but Green Giant for me is more Devestator but wish he was a bit more giant.
Any suggestions?
Get both and then just give me the one you don't like.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Any suggestions?
I was about to talk about the Build Quality once I had the complete Giant Set and the Main match of the giants... but if you want to know: Quality Built: TFC Hercules wins hands down... The plastic used is almost indestructible. No stress mark anywhere and trust me, I played with him quite a lot. My only concern so far are the rotating Joints: on mine they gotten really loose. ie: his right arm (Neck Breaker) can barely hold the gun cuz his elbow joint is really loose now (neck breaker's waist). Hercules Giant doesnt scare me at all if he ever was to fall down my shelve. He is SOLID

As of Maketoy Giant, the plastic is poor, I got stress marks already and if you read the review you'd know about a part that already broke on mine. There are a few spots on the giant that scares me because the parts feel flimsy and easily breakable.

No there is no full set for Hercules... maybe on ebay...

If you like a Solid & easy to transform Devastator: go for Hercules
If you want a good looking and much more complex transformation of Devastator, yes get the Giant
Old 05-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

full set @ captured prey $515, shipping is a bit though

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
so far i haven't seen one maketoys figure i've liked better than the herc figures, great review though, helps with the debate of getting green giant later
MT Scrapper clearly is the best looking constructicon.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #16
Crobot91
Metroplex

So far, I have a complete TFC Herc and a 2/3 complete Maketoys Giant. I personally like the Maketoys version since it looks better aesthetically and fits like a glove with my Classics/Chug collection; i.e. with FP Bruticus and FP Superion.

However, I also like the sheer size of TFC Herc and I think he fits well with my masterpiece/alternator/binaltech collection.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
The Great Scrotum
Skank-Master

Old 06-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #18
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
MT Scrapper clearly is the best looking constructicon.
not for me, tfc scrapper has the purple chest look, and not the cab chest. he looks like scrapper. maketoys reminds me of the micromaster one

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #19
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

my final set for Maketoys' Giant is in the mail... The review and final match will follow up very soon this week.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Robots & Fembots! Welcome to that final part of this Humongus Event of Stellar Proportion!

The Larger than Life confrontation you've all been waiting for happens tonight! But First, we still have the last 2 face off "Not-Desvastator" legs parts individually, in a VS comparison.

But yes! Afterward, the main event is happening, for real! TFC Hercules VS Maketoys Yellow Giant!!!!

The 2 remaing Pre-Matches are:
Mad Blender VS Mixer
Structor VS End Loader

Let's start off with Structor VS End Loader

The Vehicle Mode:

There is not much to say about these two in Vehicle mode... they both look great visually! Structor looks bulky, like it's a larger than usual truck, while End Loader looks much more realistic, just like all of his fellas. So let's go direcly to the problems I see in both of them. It's nit-picking, I know... but I feel like I have to share. First I think the only 2 things that bothers me about Structor is the arms, the way they "tuck in" on the sides.. doesnt feel tucked in at all... they kinda feel like they dont belong on the truck mode... and the second thing is the cab... there's an "attach pin" on the top of it... and it serves nothing... I really feel like cutting it off... there is no transformation (robot, vehicle, Hercules limb) that the cab plugs somewhere that utilize that pin. As for End Loader my only main problem is the shovel that has no articulation. On Structor the shovel goes up and down and there's a sweet piston action... but there is nothing on End Loader. The cab also somewhat bothers me on End Loader but much less. The cab never feels like it tabs, or sticks where it goes... feels loose but also during transformation to either Leg or Robot mode the cab kind gets stuck on everything, it gets stuck on the head, the shovel's bars, the piston behind it... oh and a third thing that somewhat bothers me is the big piston looking thing inside the cab. It serves nothing. In vehicle mode... its hidden, in robot mode, it sticks in the back, and in Leg form, the piston Barely shows out... I guess it suppose to look like a "real" piston for the leg articulation, but in Leg formation it barely shows and anyway its not a real piston, it's not attached to anything. But on the plus side, if you remember I was talking about the trailers that came with the Set A that never attached to any of the vehicles of set A or B... well the Set C, both End Loader & Mixer has attachement hooks for the trailers. Finally!

The Robot Mode:

Again like all of they're counter parts buddies... Structor is the Easy transforming fella, while End Loader is much more complicated... a lot is happening during End Loader's transformation. If you know me, you know I LOVE complex transformation. My fingers ache from End Loader's transformation. But there is a Huge Paradox with End Loader. From the front, End Loader looks incredible... he is Slick, complex, and looks so damn FINE! But here is the Major problem and where End Loader lose a LOT of points for me:

The Back pack... correction... it's not a back pack... its an ASS PACK... the connector of the Knee and the metalic piston that serves nothing is all in the back, and sticks out of his ass... it looks TERRIBLE... that figure... if you display him not in combined... make sure his ass doesnt shows. It's Butt Ugly. I mean Structor also has a huge backpack, but it looks like a back pack... the shovel part of Structor's back is huge and sticks out way too much for my taste. To me, both figures are great, but they have huge ugliness in their backs. I will add one last nit-picking on End Loader's behalf, his chest, made by the cab, sorta blocks his face a lot... not that much really but still... it feels like the cab covers almost half his face.

Recap:
Structor: Bulky looking, simple transformation, articulated shovel is nice, but ugly way to tuck the arms in vehicle mode, and Big back pack... Huge shovel sticking out way too much in the back.

End Loader: Complex transformation that I really love, realistic looking vehicle mode, nice looking robot mode looking from the front, but looking from the side or back, the huge "ass pack" sticking out of his ass looks terrible

Its hard to pick a winner about these 2... they both look good in both modes, but in robot mode they both look terrible with their huge back pack... but I'm going to give a close win to End Loader because of his Much more complex transformation and slick robot mode, and the fact that in vehicle mode he can attach the trailer... but I'm really feeling bad for his back pack sticking out of his ass in robot mode.

Next up is the face off between Mad Blender VS Mixer

Vehicle mode

Mad Blender is just superb in vehicle mode, altho Mixer looks more realistic, I love that Mad Blender's barrel spins.Mad Blender kinda looks like a "not so distant futuristic" mixer truck, Mixer looks more like a small realistic mixer truck. they both looks great but Mixer's barrel doesnt spin... I think its sad... Maketoy could've make it spin... there's no reason they couldnt... just like all the articulations of the other limbs, shovel, crane, etc... but he got a hook that can attach one of the trailer (fore arms). On the nit picking side, Mad Blender's waist in robot mode can swivel from side to side, and this is a necessary for Leg mode, but in vehicle mode, that waist swivel sort of... swivel too much, like the cab is independant and feels like the mixer barrel is a trailer... I personally dont like it. Although Mixer also share that same waist swivel, due to some lock for transformation, it really doesnt swivel as much... Mad Blender feels like he can swivel about 30 degrees from side to side while Mixer swivel about 5 degrees.

Robot mode:

This is where the fun is, both of them look so great. Here for once, TFC's Mad Blender is the more complicated one to transform while Mixer is the simple one to transform. Mad Blender's barrel also splits into a gazillion guns & canon.. it's Awesome! As for Mixer, he has a big top hat, but it doesnt look bad at all... there's even a little door that opens up and makes up a visor for Mixer and it looks pretty nice. One thing worth mentioning is the fact that both of them doesnt have much of a back pack:

Although Mixer has a complete barrel on his back it doesnt stick out at all. Pretty amazing really.

Highlights:
Mad Blender: for once a TFC that is more complex to transform, a LOT of options to play around with his mixer barrel that makes a lot of weapons, no back pack, but the waist swivel is the only thing bothering me in vehicle mode.
Mixer: look great in his both modes, even if the barrel remains on his back in robot mode, it doesnt create a big back pack look which is very nice. And a little Bonuses of the visor and he can attach the Trailer (forearm) in vehicle mode is sweet. But the barrel that doesnt spin kinda suck in vehicule mode and I'm disapointed at how simple he is to transform unlike pretty much all of his other buddies.

Final Verdict:
I'm going to give those 2 a tie... they both look great in both modes, they both have very nice features that are unique to both of them.

Don't Go anywhere, the final, most anticipated Faceoff is coming up next!

Last edited by Slave; 06-16-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: updated photos
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maketoys giant, review, slave, tfc hercules