Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
brianbuys
Mini-Con
Smile Why did these spare parts sell for so much?? $56

Can anyone tell me why this auction went for so much?

I'm in my 30's now and just getting back into collecting figures and would rather buy loose transformers and parts to save money since i just want to display them on a shelf. Looking at ebay lots and wondered why this lot jumped up in price so much? I see a couple of combiner heads but they can't be why right? any info would be appreciated, thx!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebaylot.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	15339  
brianbuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Why did these spare parts sell for so much?? $56

Generally g1 parts are pricey, and the smaller and rarer the pricier (g1 jetfire gun clips, and accessories for roadbuster and whirl being some of the more costly).

There are conflicting theories as to whether buying a loose bot for cheap and picking up accessories later actually saves you money or not, but most people seem to feel buying a loose complete (with all accessories) bought saves you money and aggravation in the long run.

That said, looking at this lot, the Bruticus head and Onslaught accessories are NOT for G1 Bruticus. Some of the chrome weapons on the far right and the one at the top left are from Top Spin and/or Twin Twist, and those don't go for too much...maybe $3-$5. The blue missiles appear to be from one of the reissue seekers (they're too long to be original G1). I see at least one lego part, and one other non TF part (the red gun turret).

The G1 slag gun (smaller chrome gun on the bottom right near the other three) goes for about $7-$10.

Most of the rest of the guns (and missiles), assuming they're authentic G1, are going to be around that $5-$10 range.

So it quickly adds up in value, you see.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Why did these spare parts sell for so much?? $56

my guess would be because of certain weapons in there....

wheeljacks shoulder launcher without a broken clip
both weapons for whirl
insecticon venom's gun
omnibot weapons
dinobot missiles

the combiner chunks are all k/o though.
the k/o ruination pieces are the easiest to tell,no "L" or "R" on the back of the fists and the face sculpt on the ruination head has tiny cracks/slit/s whereas the real ones have a much bigger eye gap area.also note the two different sizes in the smaller combaticon weapons,a sure sign.
the superion head was never released with grey/white antenna's,though there was a second cheaper version where his face wasn't painted gold.but both authentic heads do sport the gold antennas.

there's also a bionicle claw chunk in there,along with the red twin cannon,which iirc belongs to a certain gijoe vehicle.

Tags
ebay, ebay lots, loose, spare parts, weapon