Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #81
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Devastator and Platinum Seekers on Clearance

Man, these Coneheads are still available.

I wonder why Walmart didn't sell the Insecticons? At clearance price, I would have considered them...if only for the cool packaging and a few energon cubes
Old 01-25-2016, 03:00 AM   #82
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

I have yet to pick up my Devy (chilling at the local post office ATM), but all these reports of Q/C issues is tempting me to open it immediately for an inspection once I get it. Are they really that widespread?
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #83
joelones
Beast Machine

Of the two devastators I recently picked up, both had their fair share of issues. I'm not too concerned about the QC issues with the individual bot mode as much as I am with QC issues that affect combiner mode.

With that said, the one I bought at Costco had a major issue with Hook's main hinge. The separation, as shown in the image below (due to sloppy assemblage), made the hinge so delicate that I'm sure in short time it would have broke off.

http://imgur.com/a/kTE1X

The other one I got Walmart, had two issues. First, Devastator's red visor had a visible dent in the red paint which irked me quite a bit. And second, bone crusher, besides its crotch area which never stays together in individual bot mode (seems wide spread), when forming devastator's left arm, always falls apart with the slightest movement in my case. Emgo demonstrates this with his, although mine appeared worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53yGcBI87DM&t=17m22s

I guess it's very YMMV but still, given it's retail price, totally unacceptable. Not sure how I would feel if I paid retail for this. Suffice it to say, I returned a devastator back.

Last edited by joelones; 01-26-2016 at 04:47 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:08 PM   #84
Batman
The Dark Knight

Got mine. The box was just wrapped in brown paper. No dents or anything.

Figure is great. No breaks or missing pieces. For $90. I really can't complain about anything.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:40 AM   #85
yttocs
Generation 1

Got mine as well. Wrapped in the corrugated paper. Very slight dent on the one corner but otherwise the box looked good.
yttocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 PM   #86
ramjet
Mini-Con

my first post...my first purchase has arrived the platinum seekers. looks good, packaged well, no damage.
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:04 AM   #87
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
my first post...my first purchase has arrived the platinum seekers. looks good, packaged well, no damage.
Glad to hear your seekers are unharmed & also welcome to the boards.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:55 AM   #88
CanBot
Cybertron

My seekers arrived today. As such, I received a first, as well...the first time that UPS left my package on my backyard doorstep. I've heard about this thing happening, but it's the first time it's ever happened. It was raining and very damp outside. Luckily, the package inside was fine, less some shelf wear. But c'mon, UPS. I would have been fine to pick it up at the depot.

After checking out the excellent packaging display, I'm immediately stoked that I bought these. I really hope we see an original 3 release in the near future!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:01 AM   #89
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

So I opened my Devastator today after picking him up. I went straight for combined mode. I messed up the transformation a bit, and was trying to detach Scavenger to rotate Long Haul's tires up properly, and the force of trying to remove Scavenger ended up stressing and partially breaking that crucial peg that keeps Hook's vehicle front together.

Seriously?

I mean, I'm wary of the other purported Q/C issues as well (my Bone Crusher seems to hold together in arm mode, Devy can hold his gun fairly decently, and Mix Master's hip hasn't torn asunder from other tilting the combined ankle), but that's just disappointing.

I'm going to mull over it a few days, but that peg breaking on Hook has soured the big guy to me immensely.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:34 AM   #90
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

That happened to a few of my friends Devastators, it's not a rare occurrence. Sorry to hear that yours had it too.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote