Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: ShelfLife Gets JOLT Investment + Financial Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Hey Shepp,

A few words on the competition:

Crave.com is dead. Their team has already disbanded. They were charging buyers 10% to make purchases and hiding that fact. 'Nuff said.

Schmax put a ton of work into their project and they've been around for a while, but they aren't even close to the level of technical and functional sophisitication ShelfLife has on deck for launch this year.

Within the month you guys are going to have the ability to:

- Automatically have your Wants & Haves matched (this is huge!)
- Collector Dashboards with collection profiles and wicked photo sharing
- Building off our recent integrations with Facebook, similar build outs with Twitter and Pinterest so you can all publicize your Wants and Sales broadly from within our system

Past that stuff here's just a sampler of what's coming through the fall:

- Tons more catalogs, because a complete record of every collectible has always been the goal (become a curator!)
- Stats on price history for every collectible in the system, leading from MSRP, and color coded based on the source of the information to avoid gaming of the system by vendors
- Personalized media aggregation...the ability to set up article RSS equivalents for characters, toy lines and brands and have them bounce to your emails.
- Pre-ordering on products months before they hit shelves, leading to discounts from major vendors who will fulfill these aggregate orders
- Collection Profile banners to drop into your message board footers and show off
- Sweet fan site integration to dramatically improve the efficiency of BST threads and provide instant linking to the product page for every product we discuss in discussion threads

We won't rest until every collector gets the site they want, so keep the feedback and the participation coming people.

If you haven't tried putting stuff up for sale or buying yet, go for it...it's a better free Ebay until at least January 2013!

Much love,

James & The SL Crew
I just checked out shmax to see what it was, not really intending to use it for buying or selling.

Its like when I tried World of Warcraft. It just wasn't my thing. Sure, being able to jump and a few other things compared to Guild Wars wowed me, but just not enough to have me stick around for more than a few hours. Went back to GW after that.

As for sales, I have a few up on SL. Nothing's moved yet, but that's mainly because Voyager MISB boxes cost a metric crap-tonne to ship from Canada.

Planning on adding more stuff up for sale soon, just gotta work out the shipping options for each one.

edit: I like the interface of ShelfLife much better than Shmax too.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #22
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Good to see you've already started the trademark process.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #23
joshimus
Metroplex

Question. Is there a way I can add or suggest people to add toys to your site?
I noticed you have no Batman Movie Masters figures as well as many Neca figures and other things I have the site doesn't list.
Is there a way I can add with my own pictures? I know about being a curator but I don't have the time to invest in that nor the expertise. I don't mind adding things I have to help complete more of the site's listings.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Question. Is there a way I can add or suggest people to add toys to your site?
I noticed you have no Batman Movie Masters figures as well as many Neca figures and other things I have the site doesn't list.
Is there a way I can add with my own pictures? I know about being a curator but I don't have the time to invest in that nor the expertise. I don't mind adding things I have to help complete more of the site's listings.
Hey Josh,

We agonized about this for some time. Ultimately we decided to mimic Wikipedia's model as closely as possible, while still trying to hit the right note with the data accuracy model. For now, you have to be a curator to add products. We've tested, and found that this method results in catalogs being complete and accurate most quickly.

However as a collector you have two main ways to ensure that the right stuff is on the site.

1) Use the flag button available on every product page to send us a message
2) Voice your opinion and/or catalogue demands via everyone@shelflifex.com...we are listening pretty hard

Down the road we will be adding a more fancy flag system that will include the ability to wiki product data and new catalogs with curator oversight. Give us a few months on that one.

Hope that helps!

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Good to see you've already started the trademark process.
LOL, love to see the fans background checking our success. We have plenty of patent research that needs doing if you want to help....

J

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
Big Filipino
Protectobot

This is awesome news!
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #27
Omegatron
Gen 1

That is amazing, way to be proactive guys, its an excellent sign for the future.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #28
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
LOL, love to see the fans background checking our success. We have plenty of patent research that needs doing if you want to help....

J
I'm more of a tax guy myself, dabbling in trademarks a bit, but patents are completely out of my field of expertise.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote