Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: So, any shred of loyalty and respect I have to ToysRUs is GONE

My opinion, if it is on the sales floor they should be prepared to sell it, still in a case or not.

Yes, I can see why they get defensive about it get opened for them but their response should be "here, let me help you with that. We aren't supposed to let customers open these." Not, "EGADES!!! NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!"

In my opinion they denied you a sale after you spent the time and money to come shop in their store, for no other reason than to prove a point that they could.

I would complain to their corporate head office about the situation. Tell them about your experiences, including this one, and ask them why they are unwilling to sell product to you when you ask them to.

Also tell them about Target's customer service policies about specifically checking in the warehouse for figures if asked(I know they do this in the USA, haven't heard about Canada yet).

Yes, Toys"R"us employees have to put up with all kinds of collector eccentricities, but that is their job. Their job is not to deny sales to customers.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #22
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I didn't know that they punish their employees. I've never had an issue with them checking the back for items, they have been really helpful MINUS the stock manager lady at TRU here in St. Catharines. She wouldn't check in the back, she wouldn't let anyone else. She talked down to me like I didn't know a thing about the item or the case to begin with. Her attitude was very aggressive, but I haven't seen her since that day. Might be because haven't been going to TRU alot anymore because they just don't have ANYTHING new in anything I'd buy.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #23
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
I'm with multiplex and most of the other guys on this.

Also, they ARE allowed to go in the back and look for stock.

Cheers
Not according to the one mngt lady at hamilton tru, whom was also present with the two ladies. She flat out told me months ago that it's a written up offense.
I won't bother complaining to head office. What's the point. I will just no longer be a loyal customer. If that's how it needs to be

Last edited by joshimus; 05-13-2014 at 04:31 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #24
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
My opinion, if it is on the sales floor they should be prepared to sell it, still in a case or not.

Yes, I can see why they get defensive about it get opened for them but their response should be "here, let me help you with that. We aren't supposed to let customers open these." Not, "EGADES!!! NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!"

In my opinion they denied you a sale after you spent the time and money to come shop in their store, for no other reason than to prove a point that they could.

I would complain to their corporate head office about the situation. Tell them about your experiences, including this one, and ask them why they are unwilling to sell product to you when you ask them to.

Also tell them about Target's customer service policies about specifically checking in the warehouse for figures if asked(I know they do this in the USA, haven't heard about Canada yet).

Yes, Toys"R"us employees have to put up with all kinds of collector eccentricities, but that is their job. Their job is not to deny sales to customers.
That's just it. She still could have tried to help me instead of the defense. Btw, they have skids and waspinator there. I was too angry to buy another waspy. Thankfully my bro got them for me months ago.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #25
joshimus
Metroplex

Like i said, they have rules and I get that. But the way it all transpired, might as well have told me to "fuck off". You don't do that to customers...maybe the really bad ones but I've never complained to that store before nor have I ever mistreating anyone. There is no reason for them to have been so bitchy like that.
They put me on the defensive when she said she is taking them to the back. Mostly because i was stunned about what had just happened. I'm still stunned that it happened. I've never seen such a bizzare, almost hatred, from them...over a box on the sales floor.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #26
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Not according to the only mngt lady at hamilton tru. She flat out told me it's a written up offense.
Well, then, I think your issue is with (the lady/staff at) TRU Hamilton, not all TRU stores. That is one of my least-favourite TRUs, if it's possible to have one. I don't get a happy vibe there -- like I do at other TRUs.

Oakville has been one of my favourites... When I can, I stop in on my way to/from Toronto. Even just to window-shop. Etobicoke is another one of my favourites.

I agree that Toys R Us isn't what it used to be. There used to be so many more commercials. They used to have a lot of events too -- bringing in cars, models, actors, wrestlers, etc. to various stores. Not that I've ever been to any such event, but hearing about those events made the store seem so much more wondrous. I suppose that is a sign of the changing times...
*sigh* --- "I don't wanna grow up!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #27
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Well, then, I think your issue is with (the lady/staff at) TRU Hamilton, not all TRU stores. That is one of my least-favourite TRUs, if it's possible to have one. I don't get a happy vibe there -- like I do at other TRUs.
They should have a clear corporate policy in place. It sounds to me that it is at the discretion of the manager based on the responses here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus
Maybe things are unionized there now
I work in a large, unionized retail environment where this would be very unlikely to ever happen. I find all this talk of unions doing this(when we have knowledge of several non unionized workplaces doing this) kinda funny. It is kinda like blaming the places that have nothing to do with the problem.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 05-13-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #28
justprime
Animated

seems to me that a call to head office is in line here,.. retailers are in it for the sales, no buts about it and a displeased customer plus bad publicty is some thing they like to avoid ...letting head office know the situation and your displeasure,.. lodge a complaint if possible,... may/most times change this atitude,.. I have to say though that tryiing to open the box yourself was wrong on so many levels( safty ,damages,liability, etc) but the store manager and staff are there to help not hinder,... make this clear to whom ever you talk to at head office... it usally makes a big difference, been there before and have always had good luck when talking to head office in a civil way not a rant they dont want to lose business and have seen a difference afterward. the more people that lodge a grivence adds weight with TYRUS about there a piticular outlet,there practices,... lazy help ( some times its employees that dont want to help not the store's fault) etc..... will strenghten the resolve to change there employees way of conducting themselves and company policies regarding customer service.it works give it a try.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
Johnstewling
Banned

First off, you have no business AT ALL opening their stock.

I also know that getting an employee to look out back for you is not an offense they would get written up for, that's just BS.

Now I will say each Store Director has some strange rules. The Director at my local TRU is an example. I'm friends with the store Manager and he told me the Director doesn't like it when the staff help out former employees with stuff.

There are no corporate rules prohibiting the staff from being more helpful.

THAT SAID, the employee should have just opened the box right there for you, they would have at my local TRU.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #30
tz101
Machine War

Whatever I always open boxes if I see them. Regardless which store it's at.
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote