Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #31
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict
Re: Toys R Us Canada 30% off Transformers Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I don't want to get anyones hopes up but the deluxe figures may go on sale too. just not advertised.

deluxes are not on sale. the tags where put up in error.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #32
Autobot Strider
Machine War

For anyone wondering, I picked up a FE Voyager Prime from the local TRU on the 28th of January, brought the receipt into the store today and got $10 back. They do price adjustments up to 14 days and you don't need the product, just the receipt. I even went into a different TRU to get the adjustment and they honored it.

The only thing that sucks - the money went back onto my credit card instead of being cash in hand... so it's much harder convincing my wife to look at this as an opportunity to get another Transformer rather than a savings of $10... Doesn't mean I won't try though! ;-)
Autobot Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Strider View Post
For anyone wondering, I picked up a FE Voyager Prime from the local TRU on the 28th of January, brought the receipt into the store today and got $10 back. They do price adjustments up to 14 days and you don't need the product, just the receipt. I even went into a different TRU to get the adjustment and they honored it.

The only thing that sucks - the money went back onto my credit card instead of being cash in hand... so it's much harder convincing my wife to look at this as an opportunity to get another Transformer rather than a savings of $10... Doesn't mean I won't try though! ;-)
Buy the other TF with the credit card.

Gonna have to pop into TRU on Monday and get a couple price adjustments myself.

Last edited by Ozrein; 02-03-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Ozrein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #34
Lk3161
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Strider View Post

should've told them you want the adjusted amount in a gift card, if they can do that then your credit card statement won't show any refunds and your wife won't know a thing
Old 02-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #35
Prime Sinister
Animated

I have to try that
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #36
Requateer
Armada

So, of COURSE it turns out I was only 2 days short of the Price Adjustment range on a Prime Bulkhead. Being so close to the sale makes me really wanna try a return-rebuy. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to approach Customer service about it? Am I going to get any resistance/flak from them for trying?
Requateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #37
transforminator
Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requateer View Post
So, of COURSE it turns out I was only 2 days short of the Price Adjustment range on a Prime Bulkhead. Being so close to the sale makes me really wanna try a return-rebuy. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to approach Customer service about it? Am I going to get any resistance/flak from them for trying?
considering its FE BULKHEAD..... i think the hassle of taking such a risk to save a few bucks isnt worth it....cause its bulkhead...
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #38
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requateer View Post
You might get some attitude, but just be up front. That figure is on sale now, and you paid full price for it X days ago, you understand that's outside of their price adjustment period, so you want to return and rebuy it.

They should be able to process both right there at the customer service desk.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #39
chuchupika
Generation 1

I think TRU timed it like this. They know their prime series is a hit. So they time it so you are outside the adjustment period.

Imagine, if you refund it to the store. Then some other customer realizes it's a Bulkhead. When you finish returning it and to repurchase, I think the other customer has the right to ask if they can buy it instead. Since it's own by the store instead of the original owner. For 10 bucks savings, it's not worth it. Considering how rare a Bulkhead is.

Like the other thread, here is only 14xx Bulkhead in all of Canada somewhere in a warehouse. Not even enough to satisfy a small city in Canada.
chuchupika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #40
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchupika View Post
I think TRU timed it like this. They know their prime series is a hit. So they time it so you are outside the adjustment period.

Imagine, if you refund it to the store. Then some other customer realizes it's a Bulkhead. When you finish returning it and to repurchase, I think the other customer has the right to ask if they can buy it instead. Since it's own by the store instead of the original owner. For 10 bucks savings, it's not worth it. Considering how rare a Bulkhead is.

Like the other thread, here is only 14xx Bulkhead in all of Canada somewhere in a warehouse. Not even enough to satisfy a small city in Canada.
If you're standing at the customer service desk, and returning with the stated purpose of rebuying, I don't think anyone else can walk up and, watching you do this, demand to purchase it instead.

If they did, and the store let them, I would punch two people...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote