Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #51
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

30ft tall Optimus Prime Convoy Ver. 3.1

Price: "Gimmie the house, the car, the wife and the kids. Now scram!"
Old 09-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #52
joelones
Beast Machine

Zeta pulled all mention of Unicron from western media, apparently due to copyright claim from Hasbro. The plot thickens...
Old 09-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #53
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Zeta pulled all mention of Unicron from western media, apparently due to copyright claim from Hasbro. The plot thickens...
Yeah I read that on TFW that is was pulled. Apparently their weibo account is still full of info from what I understand
Old 09-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #54
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Yea, cause companies doing things like this always has the wanted effect of lessening the populations awareness of an item......... *rolls eyes* lol
Old 09-13-2019, 02:07 PM   #55
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Yea, cause companies doing things like this always has the wanted effect of lessening the populations awareness of an item......... *rolls eyes* lol
The Streisand Effect could really backfire on them. People who may not know about 3p release will sure know now.

It's like what do you mean someone else is making a Unicron? How much is it? Oh... when is it coming out? How much is it, again? Hmmmm... where do I order?
Old 09-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #56
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
The Streisand Effect could really backfire on them. People who may not know about 3p release will sure know now.

It's like what do you mean someone else is making a Unicron? How much is it? Oh... when is it coming out? How much is it, again? Hmmmm... where do I order?
Truly, there ain't no such thing as bad publicity...

It's one thing if it was yanked 'cause the word "unicron" or movie clips were used and another if it is because of IP infringement on character design. There were also rumors of Zeta increasing the scale of the figure, dunno...

After all, hasbro needs those stalled numbers to continue on the upward trend if they're gonna save some face. At this point, it could turn into a PR fumble if they don't break 8k.

More so, if Hasbro succeeds at silencing Zeta (and in turn 3p), it could alienate a lot of hardcore fans who prefer their offerings and are no longer willing to mortgage their livelihoods to get the next MP figure, then again, Asia is the wild west when it comes to IP theft - if this is indeed the case.

Interesting to watch how this all pans out.

Last edited by joelones; 09-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #57
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
How about a 5' one? Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to take a pee and accidentally bumping into that?

I'd be Devestated
Old 09-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #58
justprime
Animated

Shows hasbro tomys paying attention and are nervous...plus its my ball i am taking it home so there attitude....as other have said ..in a free capitalistic sociaity freedom of choise and compatition.... is good for all...the ip game included
..bring on zeta star core.....
Old 09-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #59
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Zeta did this to themselves, they wanted to get their unicron announcement out before hasbro crowdfunding ends, it worked, it’s taking attention and backers away from hasbro. Now Hasbro is doing something about it.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #60
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I see, so instead of doing a better job with what they are offering, plan it better and reduce the price to a reasonable amount Hasbro is instead opting to be sooky and bully a smaller company that's making something better for less. Yep, great way to build respect there guys. So childish and petty. The more this goes on, the more I think those two offering aren't serving the same market anyway. This just makes Hasbro look bad.
Closed Thread