Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #241
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions
Re: haslab unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
The only issue with buying 3P Transformers is knowing when to stop
That's an option?

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:10 PM   #242
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I've never bought a 3P figure, but I'm coming around to agreeing with this view and ever-increasing prices are the main reason.
I dont have much in 3P figures but when our regular TF stock (includes Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black) are becoming high end dollar to buy with the low end value, you have to wonder if it's just time to stop collecting.

Back in Toybiz days for 15.00 and only need 5 figures you got a Build A Figure that was a GIANT. Literally GIANTMAN was one of them, and the details were beautiful. Now you need 6 figures, instead of 5, and you are building regular scale to slightly larger figures. I feel like the value is gone. I realize they are also making more and more toys for little kids but this over-priced Studio Series and MP pricing for adult collectors is a load of crap.

One of the reasons I dont buy Takara anymore is because their quality is also gone to crap.
I mean, not all of it. The BW Mp's are F***ING fantabulas, but MP TF07 Megatron? Jazz? While they look great the quality is certainly less great. Glad I got them on sale but part of me wants to return Megatron. (Jazz is also floppy but I have a shelf of different Jazz figures)

So while I used to be against 3P figures, I started to care less because other companies were making better options with a value I can appreciate.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #243
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I dont have much in 3P figures but when our regular TF stock (includes Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black) are becoming high end dollar to buy with the low end value, you have to wonder if it's just time to stop collecting.

Back in Toybiz days for 15.00 and only need 5 figures you got a Build A Figure that was a GIANT. Literally GIANTMAN was one of them, and the details were beautiful. Now you need 6 figures, instead of 5, and you are building regular scale to slightly larger figures. I feel like the value is gone. I realize they are also making more and more toys for little kids but this over-priced Studio Series and MP pricing for adult collectors is a load of crap.

One of the reasons I dont buy Takara anymore is because their quality is also gone to crap.
I mean, not all of it. The BW Mp's are F***ING fantabulas, but MP TF07 Megatron? Jazz? While they look great the quality is certainly less great. Glad I got them on sale but part of me wants to return Megatron. (Jazz is also floppy but I have a shelf of different Jazz figures)

So while I used to be against 3P figures, I started to care less because other companies were making better options with a value I can appreciate.
Marvel Legends are becoming quite ridiculous lately. The distribution on them is probably worse than Transformers and it's looks like they might be going up in price (each individual ML exclusive has risen to at least $35-$40, that price will probably trickle down to the main line figures eventually). I'm kind of at the end with collecting them as it is, so if there's a price increase, I'm 100% finished collecting ML.

For the MPM Transformers, you're definitely correct about the quality. The sculpts are great, but the paint is definitely lacking on most of them and the joints can be floppy. I find myself just waiting for the Weijang, Black Mamba, or Legendary toys ko's because they're usually much better (I wouldn't even consider them ko's since they're better than the officials).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #244
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
But... 99% of all non-HasTak Transformers cost MORE than official Transformers, meaning you spend way more money on non-official products in the long run. That doesn't make much sense financially. Unless you're ONLY buying straight or slightly modded KOs?
If you collect MP's, the official releases have been way more expensive than 3P MP scale releases lately.

If we are talking about CHUG stuff then yeah the Hasbro ones are cheaper but they don't even hold a candle to the 3Ps quality.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #245
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Well, here's the actual pictures of Zeta Unicron. I think the sculpt is way better than the Hasbro one.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-zet...aos_p1553.html
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:39 PM   #246
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Well, here's the actual pictures of Zeta Unicron. I think the sculpt is way better than the Hasbro one.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-zet...aos_p1553.html
Wow. Definitely interesting. Do we know how big this is?
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:06 PM   #247
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Wow. Definitely interesting. Do we know how big this is?

~19 inches.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #248
justprime
Animated

18 or 80 inches this is vary nice and makes me wonder why hadbro tomy couldnt engineer better after these pics .
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #249
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

the smaller size has its advantages, less sphere surface area to deal with in planet mode and looks like they are able to hide all those paneling. looks good in robot mode, planet mode is only okay to me.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 PM   #250
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
18 or 80 inches this is vary nice and makes me wonder why hadbro tomy couldnt engineer better after these pics .
Preach brother..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
the smaller size has its advantages, less sphere surface area to deal with in planet mode and looks like they are able to hide all those paneling. looks good in robot mode, planet mode is only okay to me.
Size has little do with it, rather, it's better engineering. Clearly they could upscale their design to that of Hasbro's, what would it change? But I do like Hasbro's planet mode surface detaiiling and greebling slightly more.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote