Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #171
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: MP Starscream Pre-order on TRU.ca

Hasbro and Thundercracker reissues?..bring em' on! I have no qualms about Hasbro MPs, as long as they are of equal quality. That's a bit objective, but I have a few Taks that have issues, just like I do with Hasbro ones. But the 200+ prices for Warp and Cracker from Tak are hard to swallow. If Hasbro SS is what I think he is, I can see my Tak SS going on the Bay. That waist issue is just too much for me.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:48 AM   #172
jtkv
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineshopper81 View Post
I would also kill to see another release of the TRU Hasbro MP Optimus from a few years ago. I'd love to have him but not for the $350+ I see on Kijiji.
Takara just re-released MP-10 Convoy for a reasonable price. Why not get that instead?
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:36 AM   #173
Pgianos
Banned

I second that
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #174
pside9
Beasty

I got the re-issue of MP-10 from Kool Toyz and I love it. But I like the slightly darker blue on it.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #175
onlineshopper81
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
TC was out 2 years ago so the chances of them doing it again is unlikely.

Optimus Prime will see 101 different re-paints from Hasbro before they decide to give us the G1 paint scheme back.

As for Skywarp that is anyone's guess but giving that Hasbro does not seem to have a rhyme or reason to the releases. they used to try to keep up to Takara but now it seems like they would rather give us re-molds instead of new product, Looking at you Bluestreak, We could have gotten UM but nooo
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't think Hasbro would ever re-release Starscream (yeah it's a different mold but it's the same character) but here we are. I actually didn't even know about him coming back until my cousin mentioned that TRU sale in late August and I checked online to see if there was anything worth buying.

I'm also a little skeptical about seeing Thundercracker and Skywarp again (TC, especially) but I can always hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Agreed! I need a purple nosed Skywarp from Hasbro to go with Hasbro SS and TC and complete my 1st Checklist toy jet trio, while the upcoming MP-11TC will complete my Takara toon jet trio.
That sounds pretty sweet. I wish I could justify Hasbro and TT versions of the Seekers to my wife but she'd probably kill me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
Takara just re-released MP-10 Convoy for a reasonable price. Why not get that instead?
I've been thinking about it but it's hard to make the purchase when I'm trying to save up for a house...maybe I can ask Santa, LOL. Also, when I hear that TRU MP10 was like $100(?), the secondary market markup just makes me sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Hasbro and Thundercracker reissues?..bring em' on! I have no qualms about Hasbro MPs, as long as they are of equal quality. That's a bit objective, but I have a few Taks that have issues, just like I do with Hasbro ones. But the 200+ prices for Warp and Cracker from Tak are hard to swallow. If Hasbro SS is what I think he is, I can see my Tak SS going on the Bay. That waist issue is just too much for me.
Yeah, all my MPs are from Hasbro so $200+ for an MP is a tough pill for me to swallow. Don't get me wrong, I love collectibles (I still have all my G1 Transformers, He-Man, and Ninja Turtles) but I'm a casual collector, at best.
onlineshopper81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #176
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I paid 79.99 for MP-10 from TRU
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 AM   #177
onlineshopper81
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I paid 79.99 for MP-10 from TRU
Rub it in, why don't you.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #178
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I hunted that thing for weeks when it got released. London seen 4 and I happened to get lucky.

I called everyday to get that price the one manager knew me by name and was expecting me with a smile on her face when it finally came in as I expressed to her how much I wanted it and I was willing to drive from Woodstock to London check for it everyday as well as call and she then finally just said that she would make sure that when they came in she would set one aside for me. Best customer service ever !!!

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 09-25-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #179
onlineshopper81
Generation 1

That is pretty nice customer service and I'm not sure if it was all luck because you were pretty persistent. You worked pretty hard to get it and you totally deserve getting it.

I'm just jealous you were able to get one and wish I knew about it when it had come out.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:29 PM   #180
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineshopper81 View Post
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't think Hasbro would ever re-release Starscream (yeah it's a different mold but it's the same character) but here we are. ...

I'm also a little skeptical about seeing Thundercracker and Skywarp again (TC, especially) but I can always hope.

Is Hasbro even allowed to release those newer MPs? I mean does Takara have any timed exclusive on them?