Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Walmart "snitch" line sticker on G1 Prime exclusive

As the title says.

I was at my local Walmart the other day and found a sticker attached to each G1 Prime reissue. This was a restock of Prime, as they had 1 left last week, with no sticker, and then this week they had at least 8 with the sticker.

I get that it is an exclusive to Walmart and they are doing this to obviously protect that exclusivity. However is this item really of that high a demand/value that this is even necessary? I also understand this is more to do with competitors selling their products, but really who is going to do that? TRU? Canadian Tire?

What, are they going to send out staff to buy up a bunch of Primes at retail price so they can resell them at an even higher mark up?

If we are talking about online retailers like CMD Store I can't see what legal leg they would have to stand on since they allow third party sellers on their website to sell pretty much whatever they want. At insane prices to boot. Even if they are selling the product themselves. They also clearly don't stop them from buying product off their website and resell it themselves.

Finally, the sticker itself appears to be on the outside of the box, so I guess someone could just as easily peel it off and who would know when shopping at another location/site.

Strange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_070301.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	43294  
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Walmart "snitch" line sticker on G1 Prime exclusive

Do they really think someone will overpay for these and then attempt to profit off of them.... at clearance price, maybe but not at $70 plus tax
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
imfallenangel
Cybertron

there was a whole thread about scalpers, and someone mentioned that they know one person that would go and buy out every store around and resold at a higher price in their own "toy" store... So yeah, it happens.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

It sucks, but I don't think there's much of a threat from scalpers on this product and in my opinions, it's not worth getting worked up over.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
It sucks, but I don't think there's much of a threat from scalpers on this product and in my opinions, it's not worth getting worked up over.
I think that we've seen that people have been absolutely divided on this figure, where half are saying that no trailer and the price is an absolute no for them, others have been tripping over their own feet to get one or even more.

Due to it's limited stock in the US, it would be a given that some of these have already gone on eBay and sold at increased price, so there a market out there for sure.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
TFanPage101
Commander Magnus

Oh no, a scalpers worst fear...
Variants.
TFanPage101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #7
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

A Walmart Exclusive sticker is not going to stop scalpers if this reissue Prime has a market.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #8
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I don’t know about elsewhere but they seem to be shelfwarming around these parts a la hotrod
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:14 PM   #9
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Yeah shelf warmers here in manitoba.
No one has $70 for that g1 prime.
$20 maybe.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:17 AM   #10
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I believed that they were shelf warming around me (in the Ottawa/Gatineau area) but most places where I saw a good dozen of them sit there for weeks, now have had their number greatly reduced, so they are selling...better than Hot Rod did, cause those sat there for months... now at 19$, I can still find a few around. The Starscreams stayed around for a very long time and I went for one at 34$ before they were all gone... if only to match with my Diaclone collection.

If I ever do get one of these OP, it would be if they were to hit that below 20$ range, if only because the one G1 that I have (that I don't even remember when or how I got him) isn't in the best shape and missing every accessories (hands, gun and trailer)