Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #201
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: TFcon related questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly519 View Post
Thank you for answering.I'd appreciate if you or anyone could answer my next question please.Since you MUST be registered for the weekend pass in order to attend Fridays class can the class get their "registration and goodies" in the class?
Last year the Fri. custom class ended prior to registration pickup, but mileage will vary depending on how slow/quick you are

So if you are slow get a friend to help you with the goodies pickup.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #202
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly519 View Post
Can anyone please answer whether this is possible or not.Thanks
You pick up your prereg items following the class.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #203
Omegatron
Gen 1

A couple of TFcon questions if you don't mind. This seemed the appropriate thread.

I have been coming to Tfcon for a few years now but have mostly stayed on the sidelines or in the dealer room. I used to take part in the trivia contests and parts swapping on Friday nights but those don't happen any more. I have never been able to stay the night either. This time I can for Saturday night.

Basically I'd like to get more involved and would like to know the best way to do that. To help I have some questions.

1) I'm not coming with other fans and have not really made strong connections on-line. Is there a place that people meet up that don't know each other? I know you all meet at the bar but don't want to be the guy saying "hey you don't know me but...". Is there any kind of event that serves as an ice breaker?

2) How do you get involved with the faction feud and the like?

3) Any other advice?
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #204
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

hey man don't worry about being that guy just introduce yourself to someone that has there screen name on them a lot of us do either on lanyard or just stuck on then as them if they would mind introducing you to some people I know for a fact that even though they seem distracted they are happy to see a felow member
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #205
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
A couple of TFcon questions if you don't mind. This seemed the appropriate thread.

I have been coming to Tfcon for a few years now but have mostly stayed on the sidelines or in the dealer room. I used to take part in the trivia contests and parts swapping on Friday nights but those don't happen any more. I have never been able to stay the night either. This time I can for Saturday night.

Basically I'd like to get more involved and would like to know the best way to do that. To help I have some questions.

1) I'm not coming with other fans and have not really made strong connections on-line. Is there a place that people meet up that don't know each other? I know you all meet at the bar but don't want to be the guy saying "hey you don't know me but...". Is there any kind of event that serves as an ice breaker?

3) Any other advice?
Just from my experience, just about everyone I've meet at TFCON was from either a previous purchase/sell/trade or a purchase/sell/trade meetup at the CON itself. I would make the trade then just start yaking about toys, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. Then the next time I see them at a show I say hi and again start yaking about toys 'n stuff.

A few I meet during the custom class too and also from just lounging at the lounge chairs in the lobby. I also tend to chat with a few of the dealers at the dealer tables that I have done business with in the past.

If you plan to get autographs and are in line, you can try putting down the smartphone and talking to your neighbors, who knows you might even have the same interest?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #206
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Quote:

3) Any other advice?
I have 5 options for you for around dinner time in front of the Quest Bar:

1. Wear a Professor Princess costume.

2. Dress nicely, and hold up a sign that says "Pay $1 for good conversation"

3. Dress casually, and hold up a sign that says "I hate Transformers, I hate Hasbro, I hate toys".

4. Buy everyone at the bar a round of drinks. You'll have plenty of friends for the night.

5. If you're a good singer, do a song during kareoke, you might get an admirer.

I guarantee you any of those options, there's going to be someone or a few people will come by and take you to their table for a nice long chat.

More serious-ish semi-legit answers:

1. Get some trades going in your hotel room. It's more one-on-one, if you're uncomfortable with large crowds.

2. Start playing with a few figures on the floor, a kid or two might join you, then you start a conversation with the parents.

3. See someone playing with a figure you don't have, but was considering buying it, ask them about the figure...then gradually expand topics, if they're not busy or uncomfortable with you.

4. Strike a conversation with a dealer at a table that's not busy...obviously one that's selling stuff you like.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #207
grizzly519
Alternator

Perhaps this has been answered on another thread but i can't find it.Can someone please clarify the voice actors fees?
It states on the tfcon site $20 per autograph/photos so for example i want an autograph and photo is that $20 or $40?I'm assuming based on the text that photos alone without autographs are $20 but am unsure how both at once are.

Again i'm sorry if this has been already answered but i can't find it and would greatly appreciate clarification on it
Thank you.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #208
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

It is $20 per autograph or photo.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #209
fazemanpress
Generation 1

Hey there!

i have been a regular attending all your shows and TFCOn for the last 2 years, and this will be my first time volunteering, just wanted to know will their lunch provided for the volunteers and also a lunch room?

Thanks

Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=fazemanpress
fazemanpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #210
Indigo Crow
Mini-Con

Quote:

3) Any other advice?
You'll probably not get this in time but I'm in the exact same boat you are so if you'd like to hang with me, you're more than welcome. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you a photo of myself so we can hang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
It is $20 per autograph or photo.
Hey, I know it's late in the game but can I ask why we're being charged for autographs/photos this year? I believed you tried to do this in 2012 with Scott McNeil but he wouldn't allow it and last year, you didn't bother but you did rush us through signing. Is it because the actors requested it or is it the TFCon staff that are responsible?
Indigo Crow is offline   Reply With Quote