Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: continuation of TFA english version and TFA japanese version voting comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goji_tron View Post
On an off-topic note: I wonder if forums are a good place to suggest ideas to comic book writers or television show writers?
They're not

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #12
Goji_tron
Beasty
Re: continuation of TFA english version and TFA japanese version voting comparison

Then what is the best way to get the writer's attentions to my suggestions?
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Trying to track down their contact info and messaging them personally, or finding them at conventions. Initiative over screaming in the dark.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
They aren't open to suggestions, they'll write what they want to write or what they're told to write by Hasbro/Takara...it's all regardless of fan input

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #15
Goji_tron
Beasty

I wonder how Transformers Animated be connected to the movie series in the Japanenese adaptation. Unicron singularity, time distortion? Who knows?
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
On an off-topic note: I wonder if forums are a good place to suggest ideas to comic book writers or television show writers?
You would need to find a forum that actual Transformers creative types participate in, if there is one.

Both Starwars.com and Force.net kinda serve this purpose for the Star Wars fandom, though fan contributions making it into canon are still pretty minimal at best.

Note that Star Wars writers and artists are contractually obligated to not read any kinds of fan fiction or the like, so thats another hurtle over in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Why don't you try looking up something like Fan Fiction boards over on TFW for a start to hone your skills and get feedback about your writing? Then from there you can maybe look into Transformers Mosiac as a stepping stone of sorts.

To get the privilage to write for Transformers you would have to actually be a published author of some sort, probably published in writing non-Transformers stuff.

Getting to write this stuff on a pro level is the journey of a lifetime. If you put in the effort, have the skill and have the dedication that will increase your chances but its still a difficult mountain to climb.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote