Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #21
ironclaugh
Armada
Re: eBay Global Shipping Policy is Scrap!

It doesn't make sense!!! Whats the difference between going to the post office and going to their bullshit depot? The difference is I don't need to pay import fees to a company when the package is going to fly over the border unchecked... and if it gets stopped I will pay... I'm getting mad talking about this...
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
It doesn't make sense!!! Whats the difference between going to the post office and going to their bullshit depot? The difference is I don't need to pay import fees to a company when the package is going to fly over the border unchecked... and if it gets stopped I will pay... I'm getting mad talking about this...

ROAD TRIP...KENTUCKY
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #23
CPrime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
Has anyones package been left on their doorstep and had it stolen? I get a lot of stuff left out in the open. I ordered a PS4 from staples, surround sound from futureshop, lots of toys from Toys R Us, tons from Amazon and a couple from ebay. Each one of them left the package on my doorstep. Some of these things are well over 500CAD (Electronics), so to loose them would be a nightmare. Thankfully I've always received them, but one of these days some one will look at a massive box on my doorstep that says "Sony" and they'll take it and run. A lot of times they don't even bother to ring the doorbell. I work from home, and sometimes I'll just peek out side and see a package.
Devastator was apparently delivered to my house 2 weeks ago, but wasn't there when I got home, so it was either stolen or delivered to the wrong address. I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen with that, and TRU is only saying "we told you it could take 15 business days" when I call them to ask if there are updates. Canada post leaves pretty much everything sitting between my screen and front doors, even if it means my screen door is propped half way open and everything is visible from the road. UPS just drops things off on the front steps, without even knocking.
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #24
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
Has anyones package been left on their doorstep and had it stolen? I get a lot of stuff left out in the open. I ordered a PS4 from staples, surround sound from futureshop, lots of toys from Toys R Us, tons from Amazon and a couple from ebay. Each one of them left the package on my doorstep. Some of these things are well over 500CAD (Electronics), so to loose them would be a nightmare. Thankfully I've always received them, but one of these days some one will look at a massive box on my doorstep that says "Sony" and they'll take it and run. A lot of times they don't even bother to ring the doorbell. I work from home, and sometimes I'll just peek out side and see a package.
For Canada Post , inform the seller to indicate that you would like the package held or note "do not safe drop"

I think UPS does the same if you request a signature

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #25
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Not to happy with their shipping, delays and added costs.

I will only buy from evilbay if the seller ships USPS

Also seems to there are alot of missing (stolen?) /delayed items at their depot, from what I've read on the ebay complaint site

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #26
CAF
Banned

I gave Canada post shit today for leaving a package on my doorstep that was marked "signature required ".
Props to shiraz for that one thing that would protect us both if Canada Post caused it to go missing.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:01 PM   #27
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I've had bad experiences with GSP once or twice before in the past as well. The one I remember is that with the way the tracking system works, you can only see it by logging into eBay. Their system stated that it arrived on a certain date but I never actually received it. I waited a couple of days longer, still nothing. I sent a request to the seller to escalate the matter as I couldn't address eBay themselves to figure out where Pitney Bowes (or whichever courier company they used) actually had it. Seller's hands were tied, Ebay contacted me to said they would wait 2 weeks to investigate the matter. 2 weeks passed and they declined my refund claim and basically told me tough shit that it's lost citing that because their tracking said it arrived, then it must have arrived. Coincidentally though, the day they sent me that final answer, the package actually arrived, albeit over 2 weeks later. The shipping box was a crushed in a corner but the item itself was ok, thankfully.

I try not to bid with sellers who use GSP, but sometimes due to lack of stock or a very competitive price, I try to negotiate alternative shipping methods. I often send a message to the seller and inform them if I click "buy now" or end up being the winning bidder, I request that they change the invoice before I pay it to use USPS First Class and mail directly to me instead of USPS Priority to the GSP provider. Sometimes I'm successful, it all depends on whether the seller is willing to change their shipping method.

Last edited by Chigimus; 08-18-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #28
Hoffman
Generation 1

Definitely agree. You're basically charged twice for shipping, can't combine shipping, are forced to pay tax regardless of value, and stuff takes forever to get here.

I can understand sellers using it for convenience, but the system is just broken.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #29
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i've taken to just shipping to a US address as half of them offer free shipping in the US, and getting a friend to bounce the stuff up.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:23 AM   #30
CanBot
Cybertron

It sure does suck ass, lemme tell ya. I feel for ya.

Tags
buying, ebay, selling