Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #91
Johnstewling
Banned
Re: Masterpiece Prowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
I'm sorry, someone who claims they know so much about business you really don't know a thing. Please tell me you didn't bring clothes into the conversation!!!

come back as you wish but damn you are clueless.
I already proved you wrong on Toys and for someone who left the conversation 3 pages ago you have an awful lot to say for someone who's flat out WRONG.

Clothes, toys, food, everything has a mark up. He never specified what retail store he had and since clothes and food are the most common it isn't a far leap to see my assumption has a good chance of being right.

Why don't you and you're wrong opinion on the matter find somewhere else to speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_lRg8MsB0k
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #92
mcmus
Animated

Yes, this hobby is very dark. And probably the best deal you can get is at the thrift shop: $3.99 for a bag of transformers. Just kidding!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #93
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

^

For years, I've questioned how happy materialism can really be. Well since I started this hobby anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
I've noticed a growing trend here- complaining about prices. Yes its everyone's right to complain about pricing -this is expensive, that is expensive, clothes are expensive, gas is expensive etc etc. Do you (and this is to no one specifically) go about your daily lives thinking/ saying - 'Fuck, this restaurant is too expensive. I can go buy groceries for a week with what i'm about to spend!' -Better yet - turn to your SO and say 'Hey - i can buy two weeks of groceries with this soooo, ya - forget the dinner out.' - And i get it -sometimes you would do that because we can't all go to a fancy restaurant all the time, but I hope you do go out, once in awhile and not complain about costs. Why? Because i think it would suck to be the person sitting across from you while you brood over money. Can't relate because you don't have that other person who likes to go out? How about a beer? Do you buy the cheapest beer -trying to figure out what gives you more beer per cost? or do you actually pay for the beer you want to drink? Think about it.
No one said they have read every post here though. You can choose not to read or block people.

Me? I like to read what other people's thoughts are.

What you stated is true but it always lingers in the back of anyone's mind. A vacation is something everyone needs. That's when I feel really carefree.

And what will this board do? Give infractions for having a different opinion than the majority or maybe for being a Debbie downer?

Last edited by Buhawi; 04-30-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #94
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstewling View Post
I already proved you wrong on Toys and for someone who left the conversation 3 pages ago you have an awful lot to say for someone who's flat out WRONG.

Clothes, toys, food, everything has a mark up. He never specified what retail store he had and since clothes and food are the most common it isn't a far leap to see my assumption has a good chance of being right.

Why don't you and you're wrong opinion on the matter find somewhere else to speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_lRg8MsB0k
Yup I left but this keeps poppin up to the top!!... ahhh dammit ok one more. I also enjoy watching your aggressive one liners thinking you know anything about running a business. I will not go away with your remarks and thinking you have blown anyone's mind.

This conversation continues only because of the harsh way you like to respond being all mighty behind a screen. I shall golf clap for you. *clap clap*

You have spoken of one item. Plex, you read the margin on a screen (whoo) I'm happy. Now run a category from bottoms up. Balance a business, please don't talk to me about metroplex only. For goodness sake please don't talk about clothing and the margins they bring. One cannot compare clothing costs to TOYS!!! I know the costs on clothing...

To be frank, I know the costs on many items within the electronics industry. Your margins on Metroplex gave me insight. That's all you could provide in this conversation. a number you read off a screen.

Crap ok ok fine... I should have stopped this long ago. As someone mentioned this should only happen on TFW lol.

JohnS, last one bro. ~*HuGZ*~

Last edited by BoNKerS; 04-30-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #95
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Yup I left but this keeps poppin up to the top!!... ahhh dammit ok one more. I also enjoy watching your aggressive one liners thinking you know anything about running a business. I will not go away with your remarks and thinking you have blown anyone's mind.

This conversation continues only because of the harsh way you like to respond being all mighty behind a screen. I shall golf clap for you. *clap clap*

You have spoken of one item. Plex, you read the margin on a screen (whoo) I'm happy. Now run a category from bottoms up. Balance a business, please don't talk to me about metroplex only. For goodness sake please don't talk about clothing and the margins they bring. One cannot compare clothing costs to TOYS!!! I know the costs on clothing...

To be frank, I know the costs on many items within the electronics industry. Your margins on Metroplex gave me insight. That's all you could provide in this conversation. a number you read off a screen.

Crap ok ok fine... I should have stopped this long ago. As someone mentioned this should only happen on TFW lol.

JohnS, last one bro.
Again, I already proved you wrong on toys. You've shown a complete lack of understanding on this topic. Have you worked for TRU? No? I have, who do you think is more justified in their opinion here? The guy who thinks he knows everything, or me, the one who knows how TRU operates?

You got annoyed when I compared apples to apples with Metroplex. Then you said I had no business bringing clothes into it.

Yet you just mentioned electronics. You know electronics have one of the lowest margins of any product out there. I also worked for Sony and Samsung and guess what I know the margins on most of those products too.

I also understand retail very well. You throw out a bunch of numbers and because most people here don't work in the industry of dealing with margins on a daily basis you think you come off looking like a guy who knows what he is talking about. Then when someone with REAL knowledge on the subject confronts you and proves you wrong, you get snippy and simply reply with another BS answer.

Sorry dude, not going to fly with me, try it on some 18 year old, not someone with over 20 years of business experience.
Closed Thread