Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #2181
RansakWORK
Beasty
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

I have no doubt TRU is struggling in Canada. Ive said this numerous times before but the business side of TRU is run very archaically.

They have slow distribution which makes them the last to get anything that is not an exclusive. Also for the entire month of January they supply NO product to their stores so they can do inventory (they dont know what cycle counting is). They also get in bed with weird charities like Autism Speaks which is in a lot of crap in the Autistic community because they push that there is a cure to Autism.

Also TRU employees can buy an entire skid of product before it even hits the floors. You can be an inside scalper at TRU stores across Canada.

Overall TRU does not have much longer left to live if they do not overhaul their current internal processes.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:46 PM   #2182
LM75
Generation 1

what a disaster, 1st they cancelled my Kingdom Rod, next it was 2 x WFC Ramjets and today my MPM12, i'm done with them my money is no good for them
LM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #2183
UnicornIRL
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
I have no doubt TRU is struggling in Canada. Ive said this numerous times before but the business side of TRU is run very archaically.

They have slow distribution which makes them the last to get anything that is not an exclusive. Also for the entire month of January they supply NO product to their stores so they can do inventory (they dont know what cycle counting is). They also get in bed with weird charities like Autism Speaks which is in a lot of crap in the Autistic community because they push that there is a cure to Autism.

Also TRU employees can buy an entire skid of product before it even hits the floors. You can be an inside scalper at TRU stores across Canada.

Overall TRU does not have much longer left to live if they do not overhaul their current internal processes.
This is absolutely wild. Are there any articles going into more detail on this, like who decided that this should be their business model?
UnicornIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #2184
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

For canceling the MPM-12 Prime preorder, they gave me a 10% off coupon. Whoopty-friggen-doo...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #2185
The Nemesis
Alternator

Got my Ark this morning. Came backed in a box twice the size of the Ark box with those inflatable filler/bumper things to pad it out.

It's not a perfect figure but I like a lot of things about it and some of the engineering elements are really interesting (like a set of panels that accordion out from the wrist area as you deploy the hands in order to fill in the hollow that's now vacated during transformation.

I'm totally going to lose that teeny tiny Optimus figure though, so it's probably never coming out of its wrapper.

The only other gripes I have are minor. Mainframe could've used a gun or something and like someone else noted, it's kind of weird that the back of the Vok disc is printed with a repeat of the Sounds of Earth record side (there are two discs packed in. One is the Voyager disc with the Sounds of Earth record on one side and the appropriate pictograms on the other. The other is the Vok disc with the Vok symbols on one side and the Sounds of Earth repeat on the other.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornIRL View Post
This is absolutely wild. Are there any articles going into more detail on this, like who decided that this should be their business model?

I haven't read anything, but I feel like nobody "decided" this is their business model. It's more like "we haven't changed how we've done things in 20+ years and the world of web-based sales is new and frightening to us"

Like I wouldn't be surprised if you went to TRU corporate HQ and found their senior executives typing up documents on old IBM Compatible with the 5 1/4" floppy drives (only half joking about that)

Last edited by The Nemesis; 07-29-2021 at 04:59 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #2186
RansakWORK
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I haven't read anything, but I feel like nobody "decided" this is their business model. It's more like "we haven't changed how we've done things in 20+ years and the world of web-based sales is new and frightening to us"

Like I wouldn't be surprised if you went to TRU corporate HQ and found their senior executives typing up documents on old IBM Compatible with the 5 1/4" floppy drives.
This. Why i said archaic. They just didnt update their systems and internal processes to go with the times and technology. They kept thinking doing it the old way was the best way unfortunately. Part of it was greed though because these things cost money to implement.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:03 PM   #2187
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
This. Why i said archaic. They just didnt update their systems and internal processes to go with the times and technology. They kept thinking doing it the old way was the best way unfortunately. Part of it was greed though because these things cost money to implement.
Don't underestimate possible hubris as well. I could imagine senior management thinking they survived, and thrived, where the US team went belly up, so why would we do anything different?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #2188
delrue
Crossover

Toys R Us closing in the US was a deliberate attempt by the shareholders to tank the company and walk away with a big payout. Had nothing to do with the company itself and how the stores were run.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:27 PM   #2189
Tiffster
Classic

Wow I only just realized they cancelled my G2 ramjet after reading this thread, that ontop of my cancelled Rodimus sucks. Ok , what's best place to order either right now?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:32 PM   #2190
delrue
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Wow I only just realized they cancelled my G2 ramjet after reading this thread, that ontop of my cancelled Rodimus sucks. Ok , what's best place to order either right now?
Toy Snowman has them both in stock, and you'll get over the free shipping minimum.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote