Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
JohnathanKong
Generation 2
MP44 Thoughts

Hey Guys, just got my MP44! Just wanted to see if you guys were going to do anything about the knee to be proactive or are just going to leave it. I'm going to leave it but will not utilize the second ratchet. Also, what are your thoughts on the paint? I love that this guy is covered from head to toe with paint but I'll probably never transform it for fear of pain chips and scratching. I love the look so much, but I hate how delicate it feels.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada
Re: MP44 Thoughts

Overall, I’m disappointed with how over-engineered he is. He’s way more complicated than he needed to be; it’s not fun to transform him at all. And with all the small fragile folds to get him into robot mode, along with the knee issue, i’m probably never going to transform him again. I was happy with my MP-10; I should have just saved my money.

Oh well, he’s here now.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Not touching it, the knees work fine for me. Doesn't feel delicate to me either.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Transformed him once to check on the knee, seems fine, then back to alt mode. I like it, but it’s not a simple transformation like MP10, pretty much follow video online step by step so I don’t break things on 1st try. It does get easier after doing it once. Articulation is lot better.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Haven't opened mine yet, but this whole knee fiasco is disappointing. You'd think they would have learned their lesson with MP-43 Megatron's crotch ratchet issue (which was causing the crotch piece to crack). These fricken things cost so much and they're fragile asf. Probably going to get hate for saying this, but I don't have any of these issues with my Fanstoys MP's (or pretty much any of my other 3P figures). Not to mention the most expensive Fanstoys figures cost like half of MP-44's price tag. Ugh, it's just really disappointing that Hasbro can't get it right, they have so much time to get it right before release.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #6
Ozrein
Stunticon

I've only had a chance to transform from truck to bot but wow, what an awesome figure. The transformation is involved but everything fits together nicely and looks amazing in both modes. Very fun to figure out the transformation from truck to bot, certainly an entertaining puzzle.
I'm looking forward to going back to truck mode, hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to do that and explore more of the accessories.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Haven't opened mine yet, but this whole knee fiasco is disappointing. You'd think they would have learned their lesson with MP-43 Megatron's crotch ratchet issue (which was causing the crotch piece to crack). These fricken things cost so much and they're fragile asf. Probably going to get hate for saying this, but I don't have any of these issues with my Fanstoys MP's (or pretty much any of my other 3P figures). Not to mention the most expensive Fanstoys figures cost like half of MP-44's price tag. Ugh, it's just really disappointing that Hasbro can't get it right, they have so much time to get it right before release.
I like how you're ignoring all the people who got perfect copies. I guess it's easier and more entertaining to complain...

PS: Scoria had super loose shoulders right out of the box, they had to offer an upgrade kit to fix them. Several reports of broken leg clips on Soar. Mine came with 2 left upper legs on top of that. Several of their headsculpts were so bad that they had to redo them. Etc.

Oh, and no cracked crotch on my BW Megatron either.

Last edited by Pascal; 09-11-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #8
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I like how you're ignoring all the people who got perfect copies. I guess it's easier and more entertaining to complain...

PS: Scoria had super loose shoulders right out of the box, they had to offer an upgrade kit to fix them. Several reports of broken leg clips on Soar. Mine came with 2 left upper legs on top of that. Several of their headsculpts were so bad that they had to redo them. Etc.

Oh, and no cracked crotch on my BW Megatron either.
I'm not ignoring them, but we all paid almost $500 for this thing and it's already breaking for some people. MP-44 was announced how long ago, so Takara had all this time to check their qc. My Megatron didn't have the cracked crotch either, but it's still disheartening to hear that some people had their copy broken right after opening it. I didn't buy the FT Dinobot's, so I can't speak for them. But Fanstoys is such a small company next to Takara, so Takara should be much better with their qc.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #9
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Price-wise, I think if the Canadian dollar was closer to par with the Japanese yen, MP-44 wouldn't seem so over priced.
I appreciate the engineering that went into it; moreso when he's standing next to MP-10. Having said that, I wish I can fiddle him with him in the same way with MP-10 without having to worry about breaking something; some of those folding panels are really thin as are some of the miniature tabs.
My only real gripe is the Starcscream accessories that he came with; would've preferred something else (like say, a Vector Sigma to complement the key that came with MP Megs).
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
But Fanstoys is such a small company next to Takara, so Takara should be much better with their qc.
FT focusses on one toy at a time (FT has released what, only 20 unique molds or so in SIX YEARS?) while Takara is designing and releasing stuff by the gallon at the speed of light. It's unfortunate for those who are having issues, but even expensive brand new cars can have flaws that lead to recalls, so...

Last edited by Pascal; 09-11-2019 at 06:56 PM.