Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #621
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

I just dont understand why some sellers wont respond when they posted a sale thread? Why post in the first place? Duh!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #622
Tonestar
Star Seeker

I ALWAYS respond to anyone whom responds to any of my ads. I just HATE it when someone wants to know if one of the items is still for sale and then when I tell them "yes it is" I NEVER hear back. Oh well...whatchagonnado ? It's the nature of the beast so to speak.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #623
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I hate when sellers put "no emails, phone calls only". That kills it for me - it's the Internet, I want to communicate (at least initially) via email not get stuck in a 12 minute chat with you on the phone.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #624
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
I just HATE it when someone wants to know if one of the items is still for sale and then when I tell them "yes it is" I NEVER hear back. Oh well...whatchagonnado ? It's the nature of the beast so to speak.
I had a guy ask for pictures of two figures last week. I have three different versions listed of one of the ones that he was asking about so I asked him to clarify which one he was referring to. He never replied...I'm glad I didn't bother digging any of them out for him.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:38 AM   #625
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
I ALWAYS respond to anyone whom responds to any of my ads. I just HATE it when someone wants to know if one of the items is still for sale and then when I tell them "yes it is" I NEVER hear back. Oh well...whatchagonnado ? It's the nature of the beast so to speak.
Sounds like you're falling for a phishing scam. If all they say is, "is this still for sale?" then don't reply. It's a bot reply. Happens all the time. This is why I require a phone number contact and the item description in my reply before I waste time responding. You already get plenty of tire kickers, so this weeds the majority of them out too. But at least you don't have to deal with phishers.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #626
joshimus
Metroplex

Well, the buyer ended up giving me positive feedback, so all is well. Glad that's over with. Thanks for the help
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #627
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Well, the buyer ended up giving me positive feedback, so all is well. Glad that's over with. Thanks for the help
Good for you. All's well that ends well.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #628
rubadubspawn
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
^^ Sooo.... let me get this straight. The guy seems super shady from the get go - you deal with him in person and confirm that he is shady, and confirm that you're getting hosed... but you do the deal anyway because the confirmed shady guy promises you he will look for things.

... this sorta kinda sounds like your fault. if anything you should have offered to trade for the missing accessories and brought friends ..
No doubt it's my fault in the end for trusting. The guy at first just seemed like he was on the fence about parting with his collection, but it wasn't until I'd already invested a bunch of time working out a deal, driven to meet him, and met in person that I realized how shady he was or that any accessories were missing.

I'm not sure what it means to trade for the accessories? Didn't even know they were missing until I showed up and I was about an hour away from home.

Coincidently, Mike from mississauga reads Cybertron and saw my post and the two following ones, he says they validate his actions and that he intentionally kept the accessories so his figures would be complete. Calling me the moron for getting ripped off. Wow.

I don't deny I'm at fault for dealing with him, but he's quickly becoming the unicron of jackasses.
rubadubspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #629
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I'd post his emails here and shame him for intentionally ripping you off but that's just me, I'm not saying to do it as it may be against the rules but I'd be pissed that somebody here intended to rip me off from jump street, well there is a feedback thread you can start one for him I guess.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 09-18-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #630
joshimus
Metroplex

I don't think it is unfair to post his email information so that other don't get ripped off by this guy. I think it's pretty fair but I don't know Cybertron.ca's rules on that. Feedback thread is certainly a great idea to spread the word.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote