Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #11
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: All Transformers $29.99 & Under 20% Off @ Toys"R"us June 19th-25th

When the Generations toys line was first launched in 2010, the figures were constantly on sales for $9.99 at TRU and WM, even though the regular prices were $14.99. Same thing with Voyager being constantly on sales at $19.99.

I wouldn't mind paying more if the designs are more advanced, but not on the dumbformers and hollowformers we see now.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #12
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
When the Generations toys line was first launched in 2010, the figures were constantly on sales for $9.99 at TRU and WM, even though the regular prices were $14.99. Same thing with Voyager being constantly on sales at $19.99.

I wouldn't mind paying more if the designs are more advanced, but not on the dumbformers and hollowformers we see now.

Yeah, I remember the pricing on dlx / vgr/ultra being roughly 15/30/40. And I do also remember the constant sales, especially on the deluxes going down to about 10$ with WM (to my recollection, this occured for a couple months before the holiday season, the year the 2.0 stuff came out with Cyclonus and sideswipe).

Back then I refused to pay 40$ for ultras. Glad I did seeing as how I don't want them anymore now anyways.

Now if only we had a TRU here.......

Last edited by Sideswipe; 06-17-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

TRU.ca better have Motormaster in stock during this sale or I'm going to be very disappointed.

Incidentally since when do we compare these sales to sales of the past? If I recall most sales where deluxes are marked down to 9.99$ is because needing to clearance out older stock for newer stock. Hence why BH Arcee that's still cluttering TRU shelves are constantly at 9.99$

Holiday sales may do the same, but for the past five years or so I've noticed a distinct lack of 10$ deluxes anywhere, with possible exception to the AoE stuff, but again, most of those sales are clearance sales that come after the holidays, not before.

Suffice it to say, if regular retail has been 15.99$ since... I believe the Unicron Trilogy days, because I think the RID Car Bros and stuff were in the 12.99$ department, though I could be mistaken on that. Seeing sales that bring them down from 17.99$ or 19.99$ only enough to barely reach that old threshold is still better than nothing.

Retailers seem to be very stingy when it comes to sales these days, rarely have we seen the 5$ deluxes or the 50% off voyagers/leaders/what-have-you. I have to wonder why retailers are holding on to stock for much longer than would seem prudent. Especially the AoE glut of junk that's been clogging shelves for the better part of three years almost now.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
Yeah, I remember the pricing on dlx / vgr/ultra being roughly 15/30/40. And I do also remember the constant sales, especially on the deluxes going down to about 10$ with WM (to my recollection, this occured for a couple months before the holiday season, the year the 2.0 stuff came out with Cyclonus and sideswipe).

Back then I refused to pay 40$ for ultras. Glad I did seeing as how I don't want them anymore now anyways.

Now if only we had a TRU here.......
That pricing seems right to my mind. And you're right, the ultras didn't age well. Cw silverbolt is much better. Onslaught was cool, powerglide meh...

I remember lots of 30-40% sales on animated. I passed on leader shadow blade Megatron for like $20. Bah

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #15
Tonestar
Star Seeker

When I started collecting Beast Wars stuff in the 90's I remember in Canada Deluxes were $14.99 and Voyagers were $24.99 and Ultras were $39.99 and bigger ones like Optimal Optimus was $49.99 at TRU. Zellers and WalMarts back then were comparable too.
Then they went up to $16.99, $29.99 and now depending on where you go most have gone up again. That is just the way of business. You seem to get less for more at least that's what I saw on Marketplace.
Anyway, time to get a price adjustment on my Motormaster.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:09 PM   #16
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post

Holiday sales may do the same, but for the past five years or so I've noticed a distinct lack of 10$ deluxes anywhere, with possible exception to the AoE stuff, but again, most of those sales are clearance sales that come after the holidays, not before.
Maybe brick and mortar is trying to not die out to online, get the most $ they can? I mean I know most big retailers have both, but there is still X amount of stock at the b&m stores (which I thought was separate from online anyways). Maybe it's to help in the slow quarter post x-mas? I dunno. Guessing.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #17
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
When I started collecting Beast Wars stuff in the 90's I remember in Canada Deluxes were $14.99 and Voyagers were $24.99 and Ultras were $39.99 and bigger ones like Optimal Optimus was $49.99 at TRU. Zellers and WalMarts back then were comparable too.
Then they went up to $16.99, $29.99 and now depending on where you go most have gone up again. That is just the way of business. You seem to get less for more at least that's what I saw on Marketplace.
Anyway, time to get a price adjustment on my Motormaster.
Maybe in your area? In big cities it was $19.99 for mega (voyager) like inferno, scorpononk, b'boom etc. Optimistic primal, depth charge, rampage ultra was $30. Optimal was a deal at ... OK, I don't remember. I did get him with my employee discount at Walmart but max he was $49.99. By today's prices that's wild. Deluxes were $12.99, maybe went up later. Basic class was no more than 7-8 bucks. I distinctly recall picking up like armordillo for 6.99 or 7.99. These prices are from all over BC and ab.

That's why the $30 voyager price point bugged me. They upped the mega point by $10 without extra toy. Can't do nothing about oil and thus plastic costing significantly more now, but that jump was rude.

I bought number bw in small towns though, paying $17.99+ from the drug store or whatever. Heh.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #18
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Burlington Appleby Tru had over 30 motormasters yesterday when I was there at 430, I think it was closer to 50 haha.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #19
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Burlington Appleby Tru had over 30 motormasters yesterday when I was there at 430, I think it was closer to 50 haha.
Remember a couple weeks ago when we were all like "WHERE'S MM AHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

lol.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #20
Jeem
Energon

The flyer shows a voyager figure, I wonder if I can get walmart to match Hot spot even though they are selling him at $35

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote