Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #21
lars573
Energon
Re: ratbat ultracon leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Might have been KB toys exclusive because I remember seeing a and Whirl and Soundwave and Space Case there once and passed on both.
According to TFarchive Whirl and Soundwave from the old universe ultra assortment were mass retail.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #22
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

That doesn't mean we got them. Alternators were a mass release and we missed a bunch of them after Dead End came out here. I don't think Canada ever got Windcharger, Battle Ravage, Swindle, Swerve, Grimlock, Wheeljack, and Shockblast.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:31 AM   #23
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
That doesn't mean we got them. Alternators were a mass release and we missed a bunch of them after Dead End came out here. I don't think Canada ever got Windcharger, Battle Ravage, Swindle, Swerve, Grimlock, Wheeljack, and Shockblast.
or rumble/civic.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 AM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Ya but Rumble and Ravage 2.0 were Wal-mart exclusives so technically not mass retail.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #25
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

I just picked up the Springer/Ratbat set. I've never collected the Armada/Energon/Cybertron toys so this is the first time picking up these molds.

Ratbat is sweet. I likey.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #26
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetary Man View Post
I just picked up the Springer/Ratbat set. I've never collected the Armada/Energon/Cybertron toys so this is the first time picking up these molds.

Ratbat is sweet. I likey.
The mold is awesome, but i still prefer the original version, the black+orange is so much nicer
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #27
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
All of those figures did reach our shores, back when Wal-Mart was selling Alternators over-stock at 9.92 a piece. I got my Alternators Grimlock that way and I recall seeing numerous Swindles and a few Swerves, I don't think I ever saw Shockblast or Wheeljack so some of them may have been skipped over due to the lackluster sales of the Alternators line.

The exact same thing happened with Universe, I am not 100% sure on this but I may have actually seen Soundwave & Space Case once, but I could be mistaken. I really wanted a lot of the Universe sets because of the fact the the backstory for the line was just so damn enduring/fun. I'm going to hunt them all down and make them mine one of these days, I really wish Universe had sold better here, but unfortunately some f the pricing issues were a tad on the crazy side, the Ultra price point was 30$ when they didn't even have electronics like the Max-Cons of Armada any more. If they'd been priced closer to what the US had them at I think 19$ or 20$ heck even 25$ would have probably helped them out. And Hasbro should have made a Direct to DVD animated special like they did with Valour Versus Venom it could have helped with the sales a little bit. Who knows.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #28
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Ya the Wal-mart near me (Square One) had a few alternators that I only saw at that sale, ie Mirage and Camshaft. But I never saw Swindle and Swerve, but hey at least some collectors here got them. I don't really mind missing them...they're just repaints anyways and of characters which were of little importance to me.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #29
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Ya the Wal-mart near me (Square One) had a few alternators that I only saw at that sale, ie Mirage and Camshaft. But I never saw Swindle and Swerve, but hey at least some collectors here got them. I don't really mind missing them...they're just repaints anyways and of characters which were of little importance to me.
the one i never seen or had the will to search for was the yellow "decepticharge" honda s2000.anyways,back to topic, i really hope they continue redoing more ultracons and wreckers.i'd be happy if they saved me the trouble and remolded/repainted armada tidalwave into broadside,or did a warwithin set of the constructicons!!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #30
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Tidalwave as Broadside would be awesome...sure he may not be a triple changer anymore but he'll have 3 alt modes and a combo alt mode....isn't that enough!?!? :P