Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #21
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1
Re: Maketoys Quantron preorders are opened at Automaton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
I'm comparing apples to apples.

You've got EB price for quantron vs non EB price for MMC.

That is apples to oranges.
Yup comparing apples that the prices don't even exist anymore. I comparing oranges that does exist and what's on the market today for both. As both sets are available on the market "today". In the end MMC is still way more expensive "today!" Cuz I can tell u this I didn't pay 500 plus for Quantron. About 470 CAD shipped that I preordered him for. My MMC (I have 3/5 feral cons) once the set is completed costed me well over 600 CAD shipped. Again this is today's market comparison between the two.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #22
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNiceToys View Post
Yup comparing apples that the prices don't even exist anymore. I comparing oranges that does exist and what's on the market today for both. As both sets are available on the market "today". In the end MMC is still way more expensive "today!" Cuz I can tell u this I didn't pay 500 plus for Quantron. About 470 CAD shipped that I preordered him for. My MMC (I have 3/5 feral cons) once the set is completed costed me well over 600 CAD shipped. Again this is today's market comparison between the two.
You're not comparing comparable market prices at all and you're also going off of your option which is not the cheapest option to get the MMC figures.

So your comparison is flawed.

At least mine I'm able to show that through the cheapest option with MMC's (non-EB) is equal to the non EB quantron.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1
Re: Sponsor News: Maketoys Quantron preorders are opened at Automaton Toys

Ok then if you're saying cheapest options compared to the 2 then we don't even know what would the cheapest option would be for Quantron yet as all we kno he could be priced the same as giant from action robo in the future which is 339.90 usd... If want a real comparison then compare non eb pricing vs the 2 and not from the cheapest source. In the end MMC still costs 650 CAD shipped vs Quantrons 500 CAD shipped. Both prices based off TFsource. At least this comparison is real and both from the same source.

Last edited by CrazyNiceToys; 06-27-2014 at 07:28 PM.
CrazyNiceToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #24
BigBot79
G1 Fan

I don't know where the $534 all in EB pricing for Quantron comes in play that's way high, I ordered TF Source and $399+$42 (reduced shipping, USPS Priority) = $441 USD which is about $470 CAD or so based on the exchange right now, NO customs ever with them either so no chance the price is much higher if at all. Automaton's price is very fair in CAD with shipping and tax if the exchange goes up in August, I ordered from TF source only because I have other items I will want shipped at the same time like MP Wheeljack and hopefully MMC Tigris.

MMC is a higher price and should be since they are larger figures and possibly more detailed although I don't think anyone here has actually played around with any of the figures yet. A Voyager figure is usually about $10 more per figure compared to a deluxe and the spread works out to be about the same here. I have all feralcons ordered at the pre-order prices and unless you were able to get them shipped all 5 at the same time it's not even a close comparison. Don't know why you would ship them at the same time either the first pre-order for Talon was over a year ago at $77 and the other are higher priced early bird (Bovis and Fortis @ $89, Leo Dux @ $109), I have them stacked and pay when I ship multiple items for some savings but it's still more expensive this way instead of getting all 5 at once.

If we had to order Quantron 1 figure at a time and ship each individually it would be close but that's not reality and it would still work out about $44 cheaper than MMC. Do the math $399/5 = $79 each USD for Quantron, Talon@$77 CAD at Automaton + Fortis/Bovis@$89 ea. + Leo Dux@$109 + Tigris@$79 = $443 USD early bird pricing before shipping which as mentioned by CrazyNiceToys is not even available anymore and at today's prices MMC would me a huge amount more money as he listed.

I think the real issue here is your assumption that MMC is way better than the MT Quantron so really it's opinion not fact your basing value on and you shouldn't be trying to convince board members based on misinformation of price when it's really a personal opinion. MT has great designs and based on their Devastator combiner I also have, the toys are top quality and durability for play.

Hope this helps keep things in perspective!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #25
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1

For me Quantron preordered pricing was 399.95+ 36 shipped USD. Also I never been dinged with duties or taxes from tfsource. Give it time we probably see Quantron for sale from action robo for 350.00 USD in the future.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #26
Window
Robot Master

Non-EB MMC = 524.97 USD + S&H
Non-EB Quantron = $429.99 USD + S&H + Duties

The reason Quantron is subject to duties is there aren't any retailers that you can get it from where you won't get hit by duties.

So Quantron at EB pricing from TFSource after conversion at average rate of 1.10 = $439.99
$36 USD in shipping = 39.60
Sub Total - 479.59
Duties - 13% + brokerage fee (10-30$)

Total - $551.94 - 571.94

Again how is this not approaching the same price range?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #27
CrazyNiceToys
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
Non-EB MMC = 524.97 USD + S&H
Non-EB Quantron = $429.99 USD + S&H + Duties

The reason Quantron is subject to duties is there aren't any retailers that you can get it from where you won't get hit by duties.

So Quantron at EB pricing from TFSource after conversion at average rate of 1.10 = $439.99
$36 USD in shipping = 39.60
Sub Total - 479.59
Duties - 13% + brokerage fee (10-30$)

Total - $551.94 - 571.94

Again how is this not approaching the same price range?

We comparing non eb pricing for both from TFsource. What duties are there??? I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of toys from TFsource and never been dinged with duties before...I use to get my wholesale inventory from there and never once ever been dinged by customs...also your non EB pricing for Quantron from TFsource is wrong. It's 429.99..

Last edited by CrazyNiceToys; 06-27-2014 at 08:55 PM.
CrazyNiceToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #28
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNiceToys View Post
We comparing non eb pricing for both from TFsource. What duties are there??? I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of toys from TFsource and never been dinged with duties before...I use to get my wholesale inventory from there and never once ever been dinged by customs...also your non EB pricing for Quantron from TFsource is wrong. It's 429.99..
Holy shit dude, currency conversion.

You want me to pull your foot out of your mouth or you got it?

As for duties, yes TFSource will get you hit with duties, purposefully under declaring a shipment at the border will get your business shut down and fast.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #29
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

And this thread isn't closed yet?

A word of caution here: Nobody wins anything when threads start to go like this. If the two persons here really want to hash this out, PM each other on the topic.

If I were in this business on a hobby or professional level I would avoid flamewars with board members. Make point, Educate then get out of dodge because no good is going to come of it.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #30
Window
Robot Master

Overall I've found too often that this fanbase will do anything just to be right.

The math and facts about the pricing once you factor it all in the cost is above $500 CAD, close to $550 CAD.