Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #81
Nullray
IGC
Re: Masterpiece Prowl

Its amazing how people get worked up over high volume logistic statistcs over multiple lines when coming from Hasbro then turn it into a singular item. You complain that TRU is making a heavy profit margin, but what about the already documented factories that are pumping out these prized treasures for the supplier. How far up the chain do you want to go. Kinda sound like Capitalism to me. And the same rhetoric happens all over again....and again... and again.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #82
STI 2NV
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
Its amazing how people get worked up over high volume logistic statistcs over multiple lines when coming from Hasbro then turn it into a singular item. You complain that TRU is making a heavy profit margin, but what about the already documented factories that are pumping out these prized treasures for the supplier. How far up the chain do you want to go. Kinda sound like Capitalism to me. And the same rhetoric happens all over again....and again... and again.
Thank you. As a retail business owner, I hate hearing people complain about a business doing what a business should, making money.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #83
anemis
Robot in Disguise

Well i thought only tfw2005 had this kind of childish arguments... So entertaining lol... Btw got an mp prowl for 55.00 shipped a while ago so yeah... Lol
Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #84
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2NV View Post
Thank you. As a retail business owner, I hate hearing people complain about a business doing what a business should, making money.
Well that could be because there's making money and then there's gouging people. A good chunk of the businesses out there (nationwide chains) gouge people on pricing.

Why do think these stores can afford to sell Jeans at 90 bucks a pair then offer them for 75% off sale? Because everyone knows, even at 75% off they are still making a profit, and a good one.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #85
BigBot79
G1 Fan

Who cares, really. TRU can sell a toy for what they want, if we buy it then it's a fair price the market will bare. If we don't they go out of business. It's as simple as that. Worrying about how much a company makes or doesn't make shouldn't be the concern, we have options for the toys we like. If you waited all this time to get MP Prowl because you assume you could get it for half the price of the Takara, that's your own fault.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #86
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstewling View Post
Well that could be because there's making money and then there's gouging people. A good chunk of the businesses out there (nationwide chains) gouge people on pricing.

Why do think these stores can afford to sell Jeans at 90 bucks a pair then offer them for 75% off sale? Because everyone knows, even at 75% off they are still making a profit, and a good one.
I'm sorry, someone who claims they know so much about business you really don't know a thing. Please tell me you didn't bring clothes into the conversation!!!

come back as you wish but damn you are clueless.

Last edited by BoNKerS; 04-30-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #87
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Wow we're doing this on the retail side of things now?

I hope I see a bunch of you buy over priced third party items then buy tons of shit at the scalper room at TFcon/Botcon

Last edited by Buhawi; 04-30-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #88
Slayback
Animated

I've noticed a growing trend here- complaining about prices. Yes its everyone's right to complain about pricing -this is expensive, that is expensive, clothes are expensive, gas is expensive etc etc. Do you (and this is to no one specifically) go about your daily lives thinking/ saying - 'Fuck, this restaurant is too expensive. I can go buy groceries for a week with what i'm about to spend!' -Better yet - turn to your SO and say 'Hey - i can buy two weeks of groceries with this soooo, ya - forget the dinner out.' - And i get it -sometimes you would do that because we can't all go to a fancy restaurant all the time, but I hope you do go out, once in awhile and not complain about costs. Why? Because i think it would suck to be the person sitting across from you while you brood over money. Can't relate because you don't have that other person who likes to go out? How about a beer? Do you buy the cheapest beer -trying to figure out what gives you more beer per cost? or do you actually pay for the beer you want to drink? Think about it.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Old 04-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #89
mcmus
Animated

At the same time, there are some honest sellers at the CONs dealer rooms, not every seller is a scapler. Plus most of us here would probably already done the homework and know what price they are willing to pay.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #90
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Then you same people here complain 50 pages long about how kijiji buyers suck? Then claim how much they know how a business works?

Dude. This hobby is really that complicated?