Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #341
laffy
Crossover
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantulas View Post
Ooooh, nice! Thanks. I believe you were the one that stated the preorder date before it happened so I'll definitely take your word for it.
yes my rep that i talk too seems to know whats up with tru with me being in retail and used to buy stock for a large chain i know whats its like.... anyway belive or not i could care less but helping my fine friends here who wants it is my pastion and i will do everything in my power to help others get want they want... I too can\t wait for hasbros mp 02 and even though i have the takara with all tapes i want to collect the new line from hasbro
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #342
Corvicron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
yes my rep that i talk too seems to know whats up with tru with me being in retail and used to buy stock for a large chain i know whats its like.... anyway belive or not i could care less but helping my fine friends here who wants it is my pastion and i will do everything in my power to help others get want they want... I too can\t wait for hasbros mp 02 and even though i have the takara with all tapes i want to collect the new line from hasbro
Looking back at your info, alot of it checks out. I'll definalty take your advice to heart. Do you know if they will have a hard time supplying the preorders?
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #343
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvicron View Post
i already have... he was right about mp10, he was right on the release date on mp 02 ... this coupon garbage that some member are doing is puting a twist into things here in ontario.....
You are asking if Sandstorm got released WHILE saying you have a source in TRU HQ, WTF?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #344
halcyon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Well, on behalf of the community here, I'm sure a lot of us are thankful for the information you've provided thus far.

It's the internet. There's going to be a lot of speculation.

It sucks that a coupon TRU provided is what's holding this toy back. MP in the previous years have always come out during a sale (MP Grimlock was something like 45% off, Rodimus was something like 30% and MP Optimus last year I know I picked up for $75 with a price adjustment). TRU sees this crazy demand for transformers and they're being greedy. Metroplex had a $10 price increase within hours. Bruticus vs Grimlock is at an outrageous price that's not close to worth it (and the community will vote with their wallet and not buy it at that price).

TRU policy is you can price match within 2 weeks and return items far later (I can't remember if it was 45 days or not). Either way, their policies allows a good shopper to purchase toys at a reasonable price. For those lucky enough to find Soundwave instore, the coupons are RIGHT by the customer service desk and should be allow MP02 to go for 25% off (same goes for bruticus, acid storm, metroplex, whatever else they have).

Personally, my priority is getting MP02. If I can get it on sale or get a price adjustment later, great. If not, it's only around $30 savings so I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I will lose sleep over missing MP02 though (I already did having missed the release online in the States).

That being said, we're all really hoping we'll get at least 1 MP02 for ourselves each. Eliminate the demand with a high enough supply and the scalpers will be left with a lot of MP02 sitting on their shelf to keep Skywarp company.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #345
roballan
Machine War

Gah! This thread wasn't on top of the page and I panicked. Bumping to prevent heart events for anyone else.

:P

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #346
BigBot79
G1 Fan

Pre-Ordered Soundwave and Acid Storm yesterday, paid through paypal, got a confirmation from paypal, then from TRU and my TRU account page says the order is now on hold until release date. Seems encouraging to me! Hoping to see it sooner rather than later but regardless of when it comes in thanks to this thread I was able to get the order in! Much appreciated!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #347
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
speculation
your wrong . laffy is right and im calling you on it.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #348
sweetthug
Generation 1

Does anyone know if we can use the Hasbro code at the stores for Grimlock vs Bruticus set?

Last edited by sweetthug; 08-09-2013 at 08:32 PM.
sweetthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #349
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthug View Post
Does anyone know if we can use the Hasbro code at the stores for Grimlock vs Bruticus set?
You need the coupon. Peep this thread to see what it looks like: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48676
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #350
sweetthug
Generation 1

So u have to present the coupon in stores but for online and ordering through the phone u just give the code? I don't have the code book where can I get it from? I'll bet TRU took them off from the stores.
sweetthug is offline   Reply With Quote