Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 10-03-2015, 12:57 AM   #41
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: Masterpiece Shockwave Painted Prototype Full Look

Well the purple is great as he was more violet in the toon as stated before.

All the MP have compramises and you have been given multiple examples of these in multiple posts and yet you still deny or are okay with them. So in the end of the day you will still buy them wether you like them or not so Takara knows they already won, no matter the feedback they know people are going to buy. If your not happy with the line and the direction TT is going then maybe as a collector you might have to rethink your end goal with mp's
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:15 AM   #42
CAF
Banned

I know it's just personal opinion nitpicking.

[IMG]http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...e.php?id=35325[/IMG]

I see where you're coming from. But I ain't modifying my behavior just because it offends you. Maybe just ignore my opinions? I dunno, maybe if you don't like the direction my online comments are going, as a forum commenter you might have to rethink your end goal with opinions that differ from yours.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:28 AM   #43
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
This is what I said- Pretty cool. I like it.

I anticipate these QC issues- thighs not lining up right in bot mode. Backpack too heavy. Leg pieces not lining up right in bot mode. Feet not working right. Wrong color.

That being said i think it's really cool.

And it wasn't an attack, it was me saying I think it's really cool, and some QC issues I anticipate.

Someone call the fucking whaaambulance
Are you expecting Shockewave's legs and thighs not to line up based on the pictures? Or because of past MP toys like Optimus' chest?

Mistransformation and colour preference are not QC issues.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #44
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Anyways, let's forget about all that jazz, it's redundant.

Here is why I disagree- because of MP-10, Wheeljack, the Nissans, the new Seekers, ect... none of these are showing compromise in robot accuracy and are still selling quite cheap. The QC I mentioned in Shockwave is constructive criticism and isn't anything that would increase cost, such as- more attention to joints fitting on the thighs, a bit more flex on the foot, a way to make it less back heavy (which I think they addressed by making half the backpack come off) and possibly a bit more blue in the paint mix for a darker purple.

It's not negative at all. It's honest feedback
I don't think you're talking about QC. QC is quality control and happens when the figure is being manufactured and assembled. Poor QC leads to figures that do not meet tolerance standards such as panels meeting and fitting where they were designed to, looseness in joints, and other issues that may arise during the manufacturing. I think you're talking about design issues. The issues involving weight distribution may turn out all right if the finished figure is designed properly. The figure definitely has heel spurs which will help stability and will likely have ratchets at the hips like the other bigger figures to prevent tipping backwards. Additional die cast bits in the feet or legs (which we do not know about at this stage) would help to lower its center of gravity and improve stability. The fitting issues should be limited as this figure does not need to transform as precisely to form a realistic vehicle.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:50 AM   #45
CAF
Banned

Well I noticed that the legs have transformation parts that aren't lining up properly. It could just be because it's a prototype.

and to me it looks a bit like his ankles might not roll a lot to sit flat. However, compared to the G1 it's amazing. I'm just anticipating what the reviewers are going to say. I really do like this toy. I honestly do. I'm just scrutinizing it

And comparing it to the cartoon as I posted above, he's very light in color.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:58 AM   #46
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Well I noticed that the legs have transformation parts that aren't lining up properly. It could just be because it's a prototype.

and to me it looks a bit like his ankles might not roll a lot to sit flat. However, compared to the G1 it's amazing. I'm just anticipating what the reviewers are going to say. I really do like this toy. I honestly do. I'm just scrutinizing it

And comparing it to the cartoon as I posted above, he's very light in color.
Except it has light piping! How frustrating. Personally, I hate light piping, especially on collector items. It also doesn't help that my display doesn't allow a lot of light from behind and none of my other MPs have light piping.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:01 AM   #47
CAF
Banned

I wonder if he's going to have an LED in there? Grimlock lights his sword and blaster up
Old 10-03-2015, 02:55 AM   #48
Ozrein
Stunticon

I'm honestly loving the MP Shockwave mold, but also wish he will end up being darker, in hand. It may work just due to lighting, purple and their combination in pictures, or Takara may darken the hue for the final release. Either way I'm sold, but so far the colour is iffy.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:42 AM   #49
CAF
Banned

One of the things I noticed that I REALLY like is that his left forearm seems to be able to roll around so his cable is at the top. Occasionally, it will be cool to do that for certain photos, like TF #5 Cover recreation.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #50
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Girls, quit getting your panties all in a knot over people having different opinions. We aren't always going to agree, we aren't all going to like the same things or even like them in the same way.

Just agree to disagree and move on.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote