Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #81
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher
Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

I have one complaint, it's the same complaint as all years but it multiplied tenfold this year.

People, you need to bathe. You need to change your clothes and use deodorant.

I can get that at the end of the day, it's been hot and we're sweating, but at 7 Am in the morning when I walk passed the line, it shouldn't smell like everyone defecated in their pants. Just shower before you get into line.

P.S. I'm not talking about those few of you who have medical issues. Those guys are fine, the rest of you though....ugh

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #82
grizzly519
Alternator

I have no real complaints.I do have a question though.What was the point in hand stamps and hole punching the badges?The badge or wrist band is already proof you paid to get in.I don't understand the reasoning behind it and if anyone could explain the reason it would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #83
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain View Post
I have one complaint, it's the same complaint as all years but it multiplied tenfold this year.

I can get that at the end of the day, it's been hot and we're sweating, but at 7 Am in the morning when I walk passed the line, it shouldn't smell like everyone defecated in their pants. Just shower before you get into line.

P.S. I'm not talking about those few of you who have medical issues. Those guys are fine, the rest of you though....ugh
OMG thank you, why is this something some people just have no clue how to do?
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #84
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly519 View Post
I have no real complaints.I do have a question though.What was the point in hand stamps and hole punching the badges?The badge or wrist band is already proof you paid to get in.I don't understand the reasoning behind it and if anyone could explain the reason it would be greatly appreciated
I suspect it was an attempt to discourage people from passing around their badges. If it was hole punched then you should have a stamp on your hand. If someone has the badge and no hand stamp, then you know they're essentially borrowing someone else's (or they scrubbed the back of their hand real hard after going to the bathroom. )
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #85
chroma23
douchebag

funny, i had my weekend pass badge hole-punched, but no stamp on my hands

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #86
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
Odd thing was, while husband and I were in the room, with the door tag on, one of the house keepers attempted to enter after a faint knock. I am not sure why.
Well they should not do that, and what I would suggest and if that happens again to report it to front desk.

Put the fear of god in staff to never NEVER come knocking if the room is rocking.......... with toys and merch.

Again doing conventions for years all over the globe and having super expensive purchases lingering in the room while I am out it's always my own fear so I understand. I leave the Do Not Disturb sign out always
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #87
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:

lmfao,i hear you.at one point myself and another were debating about whether or not to run down the halls cropdusting with a can of glade in each hand...

@protoman,we do the exact same thing too...."do not disturb".
by the end of the week and we finally check out,we usually give the cleaner a good sized tip as by then,the room looks like a tornado went through it,but our stuff's still there
Old 07-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #88
xbrawn
Banned

My keys went missing in the hotel as well.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:57 AM   #89
Gumby
Beasty

Quote:
Ian you will be happy to know I am 110% happy with the job you did and my photos I got, thank you.
Quote:
If it is of any consolation I was quite happy with how mine came out even with my son making silly faces
I'm very happy with how mine came out as well. Ending up with a crummy photo after spending $160 was my biggest worry.

After the excellent job you did here, I would not have any concerns whatsoever if you took the VIP photos next year as we fans would know that we are getting a photographer who takes time and CARES.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:32 AM   #90
1one
Mini-Con

Quote:

You are aware that there was a Heat Advisory Warning for both Saturday and Sunday, right? While it's only a ten-minute walk from the Delta to the Hilton, both mornings when I made that walk, the temperature was already 28C with the humidity. By the time I got to the Hilton's door, I could feel sweat dripping down my back. (and it was even worse in the afternoon - 40C!)Unless the Hilton was willing to offer showers to everyone who walked through that giant revolving door, smelly nerds was pretty much guaranteed to be the norm.
1one is offline   Reply With Quote