Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #3681
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Anybody know where I could get a Star Wars Han Solo Blaster, or even a similar one I could just paint black? I don't think there's a current one in stores. Even used would be fine if anyone's getting rid of one, but I'd need it this week.
Is this for Cosplay dude? You can borrow mine if you want. It's black, vintage but still works. Makes a drill-like noise and I painted the emitter white and silver when I was 10. It looked like the toy below when new. Peeled the STAR WARS stickers off around the same time as my "mod" because I was dumbass, spoiled rotten kid.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #3682
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Haha yeah it actually is. My girlfriend needs it for a costume. Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it if I need to!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #3683
pandaprime
aficionado!

Not that it will do any good but I complained to the manager (at least I hope she was the manager) about the lack of availability of MP Soundwave at BOWMAC TRU and she told me they've already sent a message to head office notifying them of customer dissatisfaction regarding the quantities of MP Soundwave each store is distributed especially theirs and requesting an increase in allotment if at all possible. Good luck!

I had no idea that a toy store chain would care about keeping a product limited/exclusive so buyers would value them more? I thought toy stores exist to sell as many toys as possible to maximize revenue? Why do they re-stock so many shelfwarmers instead of figures that sell??

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 08-12-2013 at 08:41 PM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #3684
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Anyone know what happened to that Headrobots Savant conversion kit for DOTM Skyhammer? Did it get cancelled or is it just indefinitely delayed?
I talked with Headrobots at Botcon, their just busy with real life right now. HR seems to do things diffferently than the mainstream 3P groups. Instead of thinking up a product idea on if it will sell and make money, they think up ideas they want for themselves, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post

May end up like their "Not-Trailebreaker", and how long ago was that?

That figure was not intended for release. It was just a concept. They even knew Hasbro was going to be releasing their own Trailbreaker/cutter when they revealed it. But when I talked to them at Botcon, apparently they got a ton of requests to release their version.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #3685
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
Not that it will do any good but I complained to the manager (at least I hope she was the manager) about the lack of availability of MP Soundwave at BOWMAC TRU and she told me they've already sent a message to head office notifying them of customer dissatisfaction regarding the quantities of MP Soundwave each store is distributed especially theirs and requesting an increase in allotment if at all possible. Good luck!

I had no idea that a toy store chain would care about keeping a product limited/exclusive so buyers would value them more? I thought toy stores exist to sell as many toys as possible to maximize revenue? Why do they re-stock so many shelfwarmers instead of figures that sell??

With the initial release, Soundwave is hard to find everywhere, even across the border. We hit every TRU down to Tacoma, and there were none to be seen. I only found 1 TRU with Acid Storms, but there were only 2 of them.

I do hope we get more eventually, and Soundwaves end up like the Legacy Megazords and Morphers, where they were hard to find at first, but then hit saturation. Hopefully TRU learned after MP-10.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #3686
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I talked with Headrobots at Botcon, their just busy with real life right now. HR seems to do things diffferently than the mainstream 3P groups. Instead of thinking up a product idea on if it will sell and make money, they think up ideas they want for themselves, lol.

That figure was not intended for release. It was just a concept. They even knew Hasbro was going to be releasing their own Trailbreaker/cutter when they revealed it. But when I talked to them at Botcon, apparently they got a ton of requests to release their version.
Very informative, thanks! I can understand that real life can get in the way...just curious as to what had happened to it. As for the Trailbreaker, very interesting - I didn't realize that they never intended to produce it.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #3687
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post

Wanna take it up the chain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I don't encourage spamming or email harassing, but you can easily found out who the product buyers/merchandisers/planners are at TRU Canada. Wanna rant to the VP of Merchandising? Look it up. They have a "Demand Analyst". Let her know your demand, 'cause she may not be doing her job.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #3688
Trans4mers
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
With the initial release, Soundwave is hard to find everywhere, even across the border. We hit every TRU down to Tacoma, and there were none to be seen. I only found 1 TRU with Acid Storms, but there were only 2 of them.

I do hope we get more eventually, and Soundwaves end up like the Legacy Megazords and Morphers, where they were hard to find at first, but then hit saturation. Hopefully TRU learned after MP-10.
I Hit up a few TRUs on the way back up from Cybcon and came across at least 8 Acid Storms. I actually picked it up as well but returned it as their price was $74.99+tax. With the exchange rate, it was better to wait for the release up here. I see that Soundwaves are making its way to the stores and local collectors are getting them! That is great news for the community!

Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #3689
isherlock
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans4mers View Post
I Hit up a few TRUs on the way back up from Cybcon and came across at least 8 Acid Storms. I actually picked it up as well but returned it as their price was $74.99+tax. With the exchange rate, it was better to wait for the release up here. I see that Soundwaves are making its way to the stores and local collectors are getting them! That is great news for the community!

yes but they are getting 1 or 2 at a time, heard there are collectors lining up at certain locations before opening. i will keep happy hunting but having secured a preorder is definitely a peace of mind.
isherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #3690
Mikformer
Machine War

Anyone want to get rid of their Kreo bricks that I am sure is taking up a lot of room? I don't want the robot kreons, just the bricks, and they don't have to be complete either. I'm just looking for some cheap lego substitute bricks.

I am particularly looking for (in order of preference):
Prowl, Ratchet and Megatron.

Thanks.
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote