Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #41
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: TFcon Statement Regarding the Henkei Commander Set

I really don't like this. Firstly there's the whole thing about this should have been a TFCon exclusive. But apparently there was some mis-communication. That's the problem when dealing with people who don't speak the same language. Second they're calling this Japanese version "D.I.A. Commander". Which sounds to me like they're ripping off the D.I.A.Clone thing TFCon worked so hard to put together. And third, the differences are unclear. The only thing we know is that the Japanese version will have chrome instead of silver paint. They did mention something about having different colors. And they also mention something about the briefcase, but I'm unclear as to what they're saying. Are they saying this version won't come with it? And what about the missile launchers? I think if those parts were created specially for the TFCon exclusive, they shouldn't be included wth other versions.

Plus this just pisses me off because I'll probably end up buying this version too. And it'll probably cost me even more than the TFCon version.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #42
Articuplex
Generation 1

I'm not a fan of FP any more! Not even their springer-defender or Rodimus trailer will be on my purchase list. As pointed out by Ultral Primal, D.I.A. ... if only government were that transparent! There are two sides to every story, and majority of responsibility, imo, goes to FP, who knows how long beofre TFCon they were planning to do this, or soon after TFCon... I want to say that the opinions and suggestions on here about this issue are very well stated. Thank you guys for saving me some typing.
Articuplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #43
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
And what about the missile launchers? I think if those parts were created specially for the TFCon exclusive, they shouldn't be included wth other versions.
Actually, the missile launchers and brief case were not a request by TFCon. FansProject added those in by themselves, to make the figure better in their eyes. As they said in their statement, they had planned for a painted deco on the side of the trailer, but TFCon said no to it, so it ended up with the TFCon sticker.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #44
Pascal
Banned

I'd like to hear back from the TFcon people now. Other than the vague half-apology frontpaged, we haven't really heard back from those guys yet they post here daily. The TFcon people seem to say they were unaware of the new version but the FP people seem to say otherwise. Someone is lying here. No matter who, not cool.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #45
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
As they said in their statement, they had planned for a painted deco on the side of the trailer, but TFCon said no to it, so it ended up with the TFCon sticker.
Assuming the painted deco was the TFCON logo, then I'm fine with them providing the sticker so that the end-user is given the choice to apply it or not. However if the painted deco was something else, I'm very curious to find out what it was?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #46
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Assuming the painted deco was the TFCON logo, then I'm fine with them providing the sticker so that the end-user is given the choice to apply it or not. However if the painted deco was something else, I'm very curious to find out what it was?
Same here. Though, I can see that maybe they wanted to paint the "TFCon" logo on the trailer, and TFCon decided it was better to make a sticker to give fans a choice? Thats if they were planning a TFCon logo. If it was something else, then yeah I'm curious to find out as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #47
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
Wow. Their statement is really rambly and poorly written.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #48
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Something I'm noticing here: three groups from the Transformers Community 'not feeling good'. The three groups?

1. TF Con organizers
2. Fans Project
3. Collectors

Oh wait...no one is feeling good!? Hurt feelings and misunderstandings abound. Sounds like a big mess worth leaving behind and moving on, because no one is coming out a winner on this one...

Something else I'm noticing here:

1. TF Con organizers trying their best.
2. Fansproject trying their best.
3. Collectors/fans trying to deal with and understand what transpired here.

To me, the Fansproject apology goes a long way to helping me feel better. I think some of the wording is writen that way because it was translated or lacks a bit of experience in writing english.

They are looking at what we have to say, listening, and trying to make good. They are showing integrity here. TF Con too!

I'm interested to see what FP does with the JDM PC. If its different enough, it might even be another version worth buying. If it's 'just chrome' that's the difference...well...so it goes...and most importantly, if it helps them make more cash to build that Rodimus tooling...well that's good news too me (I think many people assume they're building all the projects shown at TF Con...but I would think the tooling investment is HUGE an the more they can make on one design the better...why does Hasbro repaint so much? Just to make enough cash to pay for the tooling!)

And either way, gosh...what a great TF Con this year. Even all this can't take away from the buzz (TFcon>Botcon) that we all felt before and during the show.

There...finally commented about all this.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #49
hugh_da_man
Armada

Before I write off FP as liars I'm interested to see what the TFCon people say about FP's statement. FP has pretty much said that they made TFCon aware of the new PC...I don't know when they made them aware in the timeline but it sounds like someone at TFCon should have heard about this before all of us did.

I hope this is just a big misunderstanding and everyone can just move on.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 AM   #50
teruo313
Beasty

After reading FP's latest statement, I feel I'm left with more questions then answers. Namely who's really telling the truth, as a number of points in their statement contradict what TFcon said in their statement. Either that or you can chalk this all up to miscommunication on both ends and while I wish to believe that to be the case, in all honesty it's a bit hard to swallow.

Also FP's comment about the agreement being verbal only. Was there really nothing written in the purchase agreement about FP not releasing another Powered Commander or something similar?? If that is true, it seems naive at best to have simply gone on their word alone.

Hope we see a rebuttal from TFcon soon.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powered commander, tfcon