Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #11
Webs
Spider Themed Vigilante
Re: What annoys you most about big box retailers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
3) Pricing. The differance in pricing between our neighbours to the south is often ridiculous.
I fully agree, especially when there is ridiculous price raises, like how CW voyagers were like $45 at Walmart from the beginning of the year till maybe May or June.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:29 PM   #12
Xtreme987
Metroplex

I just remembered another thing that grinds my gears about big box retailers. That is when you go to check out & only 1 or 2 registers are open out of 15.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #13
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

The people who work at big box stores annoy the most. I understand big box always hire part-time only and most are either:
A. older women who doesn't speak English as first language (Walmart etc)
B. High school kids who knows nothing (Best Buy)

But train them! If the the flyer say Dr Oetker Pizza on sales, it means ALL flavours are on sales, not just the pepperoni one advertised on the flyer. If the flyer says Transformer Deluxe figures on sales, it mean ALL deluxe figures are on sale, not just the Bumblebee on flyer!!
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:12 AM   #14
python
Alternator

Asking me if I want your &^%&^$ Walmart Mastercard again and again in the Express Aisle. Thankfully my Walmart has started the self checkouts - so I can skip Youfe (actual name) and his feeble sales pitch.

I honestly have thanked every cashier at my location for not asking me when I use the regular check outs.
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #15
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
Asking me if I want your &^%&^$ Walmart Mastercard again and again in the Express Aisle. Thankfully my Walmart has started the self checkouts - so I can skip Youfe (actual name) and his feeble sales pitch.

I honestly have thanked every cashier at my location for not asking me when I use the regular check outs.
Yes this for sure.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:02 AM   #16
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post

Also the extended warranty or product service plan at Past-Future Shop and Not-the Best Buy.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:14 AM   #17
CanBot
Cybertron

The ONLY thing I will knock them for is the lack of product. Much of CW was hard to find in decent quantities, and that's not right. MPs are literally non-existant in the wild, at least that's been my experience.

But for price? Rarely can you beat the price, compared to other means. Our crummy dollar lately almost ensures they're the best option for price, because unlike ten years ago, American retailers are wise to us and as such, our markup almost always makes it more sensible to shop Canadian.

How about those return policies? You can't beat the big stores for that, and they price match as well. It makes up for the lack of products, as long as their online ordering is up to snuff (and the free shipping options are always appreciated).

For a guy like me, I find very little to complain about other that stocking products. I'll take the lumps, though.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:34 AM   #18
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
1) The lack of competition in Canadian retail. With Target gone our options are WM or TRU and for some only one or the other or none at all.
2) Poor distribution. With our vast country it is often difficult to get newer items in stock at our local stores. This may also be a symptom of mass ordering first waves of stock and items shelf warming as mentioned previously.
3) Pricing. The differance in pricing between our neighbours to the south is often ridiculous.
4) Messy toy isles. I prefer to do my hunting during the week to avoid the rape scene left behind from all the children on the weekends.
5) Slow checkout. I agree with the slow check out lines as previously mentioned.
Pricing is artificial and ridiculous. We pay that much more cause the stores decided to charge Canadians an artificially higher price. This has nothing to do with logistics. It has more to do with us agreeing to pay that much more.

Last edited by Buhawi; 12-05-2015 at 05:36 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #19
TRUCKvsGUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Scalpers.
This. At the local TRU, I suspect a couple of the employees themselves may be the scalpers. That, and they always seem to have the heat cranked way up. Other than that, I actually really like TRU.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #20
justprime
Animated

TOYSRUS is a joke I can remember when they actually were a toy store with product and carried the complete line of toys and on a regular bases had deliveries of TFs....not the no show now
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote