Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #11
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69
Re: Must have Beast Wars figures?

Must haves? All of them! Id say TM2 Cheetor, Ploarclaw, Retrax, and Poison Bite are must haves!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #12
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

The Japanese-market X-9 Jaguar (Ravage)

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #13
KRM
The Man

If you are just looking for figures outside of the show cast I would suggest Jetstorm, Clawjaw, Razorclaw, Cybershark, Skyshadow, Transmetal II Ramulus and Transmetal Scavenger. All are absolutely awesome toys.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #14
Megatronimus
Beasty

Thanks guys for the suggestions. So far Ive picked up Snarl, Razorclaw, and Snapper for non-show characters. Im trying to get my hands on a Armadillo, Iguanas, and Insecticon. Im also getting a TM Terrosaur and TM Waspinator, even though they were show characters, their transmetal forms never made it on the show, which is a shame.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

These are my enduring favorites of the non-show models:

Clawjaw
Powerpinch
Razorclaw
Jetstorm
Quickstrike
Buzzclaw
Cybershark -- either regular or TM

Powerpinch is especially nice -- great insect mode, subtle translucent plastic. Clawjaw is a squid -- 'nuff said -- but great in both modes, as is Razorclaw.

Jetstorm is a favorite for all-around design. Great beast mode, interesting and different transformation, and nice robot mode. The wings are fun to play with in both modes.

Quickstrike is easily my favorite Fuzor -- not too weird, but everything is well designed and coordinated. Buzzclaw is no slouch, either.

It's interesting to me: I usually like the larger size classes, but most of these models are the smaller scout-size. They are really fantastic and detailed designs, and the resultant toys are fun.

Cybershark is a great mold in either release. The original is a fantastic shark, the transmetal is equally good but more fantastic in the design and
make-believe sense. The regular mold is less frustrating, but I like them both.

Japanese:

Longrack
Mach Kick
Lioconvoy
Galvatron

Longrack and Mach Kick are worth tracking down for the astounding beast modes and the tons of neat little touches. Also, you can get Mach Kick (at least) for cheap from BBTS.

Lioconvoy and Galvatron are both neat takes on their characters. Robot modes are especially nice and full of personality.

Also, Stampy isn't a very good Transformer, but having a bunny is so absurd that I love it. In the same vein, I'd give a shout out for Break and Dead End. They're frustrating to transform, but they are nifty beasts and go along well with the other ocean-themed BW Transformers.

Special mention:

Magnaboss, Tripredacus, and Magmatron

Of these three, I prefer the first two. But they're also fiddly. Great designs but not for the impatient, so if you like your transformations long and involved, they're for you. Magmatron is nifty if you can get past the bizarreness of it and the no-robot modes for the beasts.

Mutant Beasts

These guys are odd, but I'm fond of them. Double beasts and no robot modes. Some of the resultant design choices are necessarily strange, but I can't help but like them. Also, because they go from beast to beast, the transformations tend to be a little different and intriguing.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #16
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Some of my all time faves were Razorbeast, Polor Claw, Wolfang and K-9. Magnaboss and Tripredicus, while complex, are very impressive combiners and great figures.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #17
Megatronimus
Beasty

Im shocked at how many of you are suggesting Polar Claw. Ive never seen the appeal. The mold looks so sloppy in pics.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #18
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions. So far Ive picked up Snarl, Razorclaw, and Snapper for non-show characters. Im trying to get my hands on a Armadillo, Iguanas, and Insecticon. Im also getting a TM Terrosaur and TM Waspinator, even though they were show characters, their transmetal forms never made it on the show, which is a shame.
- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...hine-wars.html
- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...rts-label.html
- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...lots-more.html

Not sure how up to date those threads are, but if you haven't had any lucking finding stuff from here, it can't hurt to check out lists on TFW. You'll be able to find more using the advanced search engine, and I'm pretty sure those 1st two links go to threads where all 3 of the basics you're wanting were for sale. Getting stuff locally will probably come 1st, but sometimes we've just gotta bite the button & make a Paypal account.

Also if you care, the TM Terrorsaur got repainted a couple of times, so you might like the other colours better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 10-10-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #19
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
Im shocked at how many of you are suggesting Polar Claw. Ive never seen the appeal. The mold looks so sloppy in pics.
I'm not a big fan of Polar Claw, but I don't want to sound too down on it. On the good side, Polar Claw has a lot of gimmicks that actually work and don't detract from the figure too much. There are some clever aspects to the transformation, too.

On the bad side, gimmicks are not what interest me most. I found both modes kind of chunky, but I especially dislike the gappy sides, amount of visible robot red, and obvious front leg attachments. While I kind of like the launching bat, the razor claw has a tendency toward premature ejaculation that annoys me. It seems that every time I handle or transform Polar Claw, either one or both of them go off.

I personally would have traded the gimmicks for better beast and robot modes, but then some of the ones I liked above are beast statues (albeit more pretty ones). Polar Claw is a better-than-good mold, but it doesn't quite get to great for me.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #20
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Those Mutant Beasts are (from what I've heard) held over from the Animorphs toy line. Seeing a few of the more advanced alien figures from Animorphs, they look like they might be welcome.

Ax has a very Beast Machines organic feel, so does Visser 3 and Ultra Visser 3. They look like they'd feel right at home next to RiD Bruticus and BM Savage/Noble.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote